Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2021, 11:52 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,446,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Again, this is the entire pro-abortion/pro-choice argument: state laws restricting abortion violate a woman's right to abortion.

Well, that ship has sailed... Gun control laws restrict everyone's 2nd Amendment Rights. States already can and do restrict our rights.
No........it is not the issue no matter how much you want it to be.

Just as aside, lets remember the things that make people yell States Rights at the top of their lungs.

The desire to keep people enslaved. The desire to segregate the races under the guise of separate but equal.

Nice company you keep there.

We know from history that when people are screeching about states rights they are always seeking to violate the civil rights of their fellow citizens.

Clearly you are unable to come up with any states rights restrictions on black people just for being black. Didn't think you would be able to.

Time for you to stop thinking you can impose restrictions on the civil rights of women just for being women.

Old 12-30-2021, 11:53 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,602,411 times
Quote:
You already said killing another makes women happy, that abortion is just women fulfilling their right to liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
I did not say that. Stick to your own words.

Keep your words out of my mouth. And, get out of other women's bedrooms.
To late --- the Federal government is already there as the people have allowed them to be.

Old 12-30-2021, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Not true. Fetal homicide laws disprove your assertion, and even in California, women have been prosecuted for and convicted of child abuse for abusing drugs during pregnancy.
Fetal homicide laws have nothing to do with abortion.

It should be noted however, that it is sick and beyond twisted for alleged pro-lifers who are anything but to grasp at this straw to restrict abortion.

I would love for you to explain to Sharon Rocha why Scott Peterson should not be charged with murdering his son so you can have some points in an abortion debate. Truly evil.

Old 12-30-2021, 12:04 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
I did not say that.
In fact, you did:
Quote:
No need. The word abortion is not needed as women already have the fundamental right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. All of those things are precluded by an unwanted pregnancy which any state seeks to force to delivery.

Old 12-30-2021, 12:07 PM

Quote:
In fact, you did:
I did not say killing another makes women happy. Give it a rest.

Old 12-30-2021, 12:09 PM

Quote:
No........it is not the issue no matter how much you want it to be.
Actually, it is. It's exactly what the pro-abortion/pro-choice contingent proclaim every time: State laws restricting abortion violate a woman's right to abortion.

Well, guess what... State gun control laws violate everyone's 2nd Amendment Rights.

Old 12-30-2021, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Actually, it is. It's exactly what the pro-abortion/pro-choice contingent proclaim every time: State laws restricting abortion violate a woman's right to abortion.
States can claim they have the right to regulate abortion until the cows come home. Doesn't mean it exists.

The issue is that women have an inalienable right to control their own bodies.

So, you and others on either side, can make it about states rights all you want.

Just like with slavery and separate but equal, people will think it is about states rights until they dont. It will take federal action of some kind to shut the sexists and misogynists up just like it took federal actions to shut the racists up.

Like I said, you should think about the kind of company you are keeping.

Old 12-30-2021, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Fetal homicide laws have nothing to do with abortion.
Actually, they do. And as I've already posted, the ACLU was opposed to fetal homicide laws because they too recognized that such laws set the legal precedent that an unborn child is a separate human life.

Old 12-30-2021, 12:25 PM

Quote:
I did not say killing another makes women happy. Give it a rest.
Does "pursuit of happiness" not ring a bell?

Quote:
No need. The word abortion is not needed as women already have the fundamental right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. All of those things are precluded by an unwanted pregnancy which any state seeks to force to delivery.

Old 12-30-2021, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Actually, they do. And as I've already posted, the ACLU was opposed to fetal homicide laws because they too recognized that such laws set the legal precedent that an unborn child is a separate human life.
No.......they recognized how perverted the alleged pro-life contingent would be in trying to use them to wage war on women.

Tell me how you would explain to Sharon Rocha why Scott Peterson shouldn't be charged with murdering her grandson?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies