Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2021, 07:28 PM

33,410 posts, read 12,714,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
No, they're not "correct, by definition." SCOTUS has overturned itself over 300 times exactly because judges are not always right.
They are correct by definition at any given moment. That is the that poster's point....and that is because they are the last word. When they overturn themselves, then that new ruling is correct by definition because it is the latest ruling by them on that issue and they are the last word.

Old 12-12-2021, 07:28 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,482,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Do you grab pregnant women and drag them to PP so you can pay for their abortion?

If you don't, I'm not convinced how supportive you are of abortions.

C'mon, let us know how many pregnant women you've convinced to get abortions. And how much you've spent on them.
Absurd.

No one supporting choice is imposing abortions on other women.

Old 12-12-2021, 07:33 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,738,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Do you grab pregnant women and drag them to PP so you can pay for their abortion?

If you don't, I'm not convinced how supportive you are of abortions.

C'mon, let us know how many pregnant women you've convinced to get abortions. And how much you've spent on them.
Well, there you go. You answer a question not directed to you with another question, an utterly absurd one.

Once again, to me, a woman's pregnancy and how she wants to handle it is none of my business, if not the father. It's more accurate to say that I'm pro-abortion rights, not pro-abortion. The only people I consider pro-abortion is the pregnant woman wanting one and anybody who wants to help her to that end, such as a doctor. Why consider me pro-abortion when I don't advocate against using birth control or self-control?

When people on here repeatedly demand that others accept that all abortion is killing a child or a human being and seem to passionately fight for their right to be born, I don't feel I'm out of place for asking if they go to abortion clinics begging women not to go in. If the answer is none of my business, then fine. But by being present here, I don't think you're going to change any pro-choice minds or save one unborn baby.

Old 12-12-2021, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The usual twisting and spinning by the liberal left here. What makes you think that women won't be more cautious about making sure they and/or their partner are using birth control prior to engaging in sex? If I didn't want something to happen to me and there was no way out of it I'd certainly be more careful if I were a woman.

Conservatives want women to pay for daring to have sex? HUH? No, they want them to use birth control to prevent an unwanted pregnancy. Stop the lies! Why should anyone have to pay for someone else's mistakes and carelessness anyway? We have our own kids to feed, clothe and provide medical care for!

If poor minority women are going to suffer then it's on them for not using (free) birth control. Put the blame where it belongs! Unless you think that minorities don't have any brains and can't control their sexual urges either.
Because Blondy is right. They would be pissed, and their attitude would be a big flipping of the bird to people like you who support such control.

Old 12-12-2021, 07:40 PM

21,380 posts, read 8,007,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Well, there you go. You answer a question not directed to you with another question, an utterly absurd one.

Once again, to me, a woman's pregnancy and how she wants to handle it is none of my business, if not the father. It's more accurate to say that I'm pro-abortion rights, not pro-abortion. The only people I consider pro-abortion is the pregnant woman wanting one and anybody who wants to help her to that end, such as a doctor.

When people on here repeatedly demand that others accept that all abortion is killing a child or a human being and seem to passionately fight for their right to be born, I don't feel I'm out of place for asking if they go to abortion clinics begging women not to go in. If the answer is none of my business, then fine. But by being present here, I don't think you're going to change any pro-choice minds or save one unborn baby.

Your "measure" of someone who is pro-life is simply if they trespass and scream and harass women entering abortion clinics, right?

I've flipped it. Since you are so PRO abortion, I can only assume you convince every pregnant women of the horrible circumstances she has ahead, go into great detail about labor, delivery, all the risks of dying she is facing every mini-second she is pregnant, the absolute time suck of kids and how awful they are, the loss of money, the fear of job insecurity, etc., all the reason given here a billion times as to why abortion is just so great.

I mean, you DO that right? Tell all pregnant women that getting an abortion is a wonderful option and then offer to pay for it?

When you are at baby showers, I'm sure you make a speech as a last ditch effort to convince the mom-to-be that she really SHOULD get an abortion.

I'm not even attempting to change your mind, I'm simply pointing out that you are a hypocrite.

Old 12-12-2021, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
And why haven't you and all the " tons of nice people" adopted already if you support it? There is an abundance of children looking for loving home but the problem is many are of mixed parentage or have some type of blemish/health concern and those children are not wanted. Healthy white babies no problem another other category and its not the same.

Being single is not an issue these days for woman or men as societal norms no longer require 2 parents (1 of each) to be a family...
Did you read her post, or did you just see her name and assume you'd disagree with whatever she wrote ?

She's single.

Old 12-12-2021, 07:47 PM

14,267 posts, read 7,010,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Again, 95% of unintended pregnancies are due to failure to use any birth control at all (54%), or using it incorrectly/inconsistently (41%) - such as forgetting to take one or more birth control pills during a cycle.
Or she slept late one day and didn't take the pill on time. That is a case of being inconsistent.

Or a doctor or dentist gave her antibiotics for an infection that she took for 10 days

Old 12-12-2021, 07:57 PM

63,325 posts, read 29,403,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Because Blondy is right. They would be pissed, and their attitude would be a big flipping of the bird to people like you who support such control.
Then they will pay the consequences for not practicing birth control. So who's flipping the bird now?

Old 12-12-2021, 08:01 PM

63,325 posts, read 29,403,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Are you saying their doctor didn't tell them that pregnancy was unlikely, but still possible, after tubal litigation? (In the real world, everyone knows this and doesn't need to be told by a doctor). It's not an absolute certainty that you will die if you drive your car into a tree at 70mph, but it would be pretty dumb to bet against it. I'm not sure you understand the concept of personal responsibility. I'll make it easy for you: Prior to engaging in an action, understand the consequences, no matter how unlikely, and accept them before proceeding.
Well stated but it will fall on deaf ears by these pro-abortion types.

Old 12-12-2021, 08:05 PM

21,380 posts, read 8,007,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Well stated but it will fall on deaf ears by these pro-abortion types.
The one constant in these discussions is that women are ill-informed, misinformed, ignorant, or just plain stupid about getting/using birth control in spite of the relentless advertising, as well as condoms in almost every store, and they are also somewhat confused as to how babies are made.

But *somehow* they all know what an abortion is and where to go to get one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies