Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2021, 05:51 AM

89,507 posts, read 45,198,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
Just as states have decided that self defense is a defense to murder, so they have decided abortion is a defense to fetal homicide laws.
It's unconstitutional in the way the law is applied. State law has to treat everyone the same. Either anyone can legally kill an unborn child for reasons other than an imminent threat to their own life (aka self-defense), or no one can. Can't have it both ways.

Old 12-13-2021, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Yeah, I laughed when I read that.
Maricopa County voted for Biden, +12. How is that not lefty? Seems the laugh is on you both. You're under-informed.

21,380 posts, read 8,007,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
You folks are the ones accusing women of being stupid. The rest of us understand that no one is perfect, and that birth control fails even with perfect use. The only 100% effective birth control is abstinence, and expecting abstinence unless pregnancy is desired is unrealistic - sex is the third strongest human drive after eating and sleeping. We also understand that it's none of our business what decisions a woman and her doctor make about medical procedures.
Actually, no, I'm not saying again and again that women don't know how to use BC, that they forget to use BC, that they can't figure out where to get it, that they are surprised when after sex they find themselves pregnant, the they have sex with men who deceive them, etc.

Those arguments are from abortion advocates, who, with every post, repeat again and again just how stupid they think women are.

I absolutely agree with the bolded, however.

Explain how abortions are a medically necessary procedure. What disease was the woman diagnosed with and how is the doctor suggesting it be treated?

I don't know any OBGYNs who when confirming a woman's pregnancy, automatically suggest an abortion as a means of treatment.

Do you?

Should I sue my OBGYN for malpractice as she didn't suggest abortion as an option to "treat" my pregnancy?

15,682 posts, read 7,714,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
As a a woman, choose sex partners wisely. Back to the women are idiots defense so they need abortion.

Why a woman would choose a deadbeat, liar or jerk to have sex with is idiotic. Back to the women are idiots defense so they need abortion.

Don't get so hammered that you make bad choices. Back to the women are idiots defense.

Remember to take and use whatever forms of birth control you prefer. Back to the women are idiots defense.

If a woman's life is truly at risk, she should received treatment to ensure her life is saved. This does not include late-term abortion, which should be a C-section, which has a much lessor risk to the mother than a late-term abortion.

Science can be wrong. I know 2 women, one was told her baby would be brain damaged, she gave birth and her baby was 100% healthy. I know another woman who was told she was having a boy, and she had a girl. I know of a couple who was told their twins had tragic birth defeats, so the woman decided to have them aborted. BOTH were 100% healthy. Killed. Because of 'science.' It happens.

Again, it's really telling that the only constant is "women need abortions. They just NEED abortions. They just HAVE to HAVE abortions." Over and over and over again.

To me, it is barbaric that killing another is an acceptable form of avoidable responsibility.
I think it's barbaric that you stick your nose in places it doesn't belong. Why do you hate women? Why do you think a woman should be forced to give birth to a non-viable baby? Why do you think a woman should face death from pregnancy? What makes you think a C-Section, which is major surgery, is safer than an abortion?

Old 12-13-2021, 05:56 AM

15,682 posts, read 7,714,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
All information is given for every medical procedure. Except abortion.

It's been proved that when women see an ultrasound/hear heartbeat they are more likely to give birth than abort. When faced with knowledge, women realize, that, yes this is a baby. And they keep the baby.

That's the only reason there is a push against ultrasound. It decreases the abortion business.

It has zero to do with 'protecting women from emotional harm.' Which is another idiotic defense of abortion. Abortion advocates have convinced women that they are not killing babies. If they were so strong in their belief, viewing an ultrasound wouldn't make a difference. Because all the women would see would be an inanimate blob of crap, right, nothing to get upset about, right???

But that's not what they see so that's a HUGE problem for abortion advocates.
Texas requires a trans-vaginal sonogram 24 hours before an abortion. That's an invasive procedure, where the doctor is forced, against their will to cram a medical tool up a woman's vagina, to provide information the woman has no interest in hearing. All forced by a predominantly old, white, male Legislature who love to control women, and make them their toys. I am guessing the legislators have orgasms at the thought of women forced to have the sonogram.

Old 12-13-2021, 05:57 AM

Quote:
I think it's barbaric that you stick your nose in places it doesn't belong. Why do you hate women? Why do you think a woman should be forced to give birth to a non-viable baby? Why do you think a woman should face death from pregnancy? What makes you think a C-Section, which is major surgery, is safer than an abortion?
The only ones that show hatred toward women are abortions advocates who show how little they think of women with each and every excuse as to why women need abortions.

I've stated that when the mother's health is at risk, the mother should be treated. No question.

The fact that you ask the bolded shows you know nothing about late-term abortions, which is what I was referring to. Learn about late-term abortion vs c-section and get back to me.

Old 12-13-2021, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
This thread has been going on a while and so I don't always manage to provide every disclaimer I should. As If have explained in multiple prior posts on this, I agree with you, that I don't believe that a fetus is a person. However, for the purpose of making certain arguments as made in this thread, I have indicated I would do so, for the limited purpose of the Equal Protection argument forwarded by certain voters. 2,000+ posts in, it has become dizzying to provide all the conditions and disclaimers necessary.
It doesn't matter what you believe. The fact is that people have been charged with, prosecuted for, convicted of, and sent to prison for the homicide of killing an unborn child under state fetal homicide laws. That sets the legal precedent that an unborn child is indeed a separate human life.

Old 12-13-2021, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Texas requires a trans-vaginal sonogram 24 hours before an abortion. That's an invasive procedure, where the doctor is forced, against their will to cram a medical tool up a woman's vagina, to provide information the woman has no interest in hearing. All forced by a predominantly old, white, male Legislature who love to control women, and make them their toys. I am guessing the legislators have orgasms at the thought of women forced to have the sonogram.
Ah, so you are against generally screening for women who want an abortion. Why? You want to keep them ignorant? Why? Think they may just decide against an abortion when they realize that they've been lied to by people like you and it's not just a clump of inanimate crap but is a baby?

Any doctor who refused to give a patient informed consent should have their license revoked. Why are you against informed consent?

An abortion rips apart another human being limb by limb at which point they are sucked out using a vacuum.

That's invasive.

PS. I'm female, so take your garbage sexist, racist, ageist diatribe elsewhere. It's juvenile, disgusting, and irrelevant.

Old 12-13-2021, 06:13 AM

63,325 posts, read 29,403,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Afford = afford in two ways. Money and time. Someone working a job where they don't even have enough money to travel to another state isn't going to be able to get enough time off to walk to another state, let alone do so while pregnant and carrying at least a sleeping bag (hotels aren't free).
All the more reason for those types of women to use birth control or abstain so they don't get pregnant, don't you think?

Old 12-13-2021, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Breaking news, all humans die, some will just do it before others.

Human life is not sacred, and banning abortions won’t remove back alley abortions.
No, it won't. But it will make women who've been grossly irresponsible with their own reproductive health and want to resolve that by killing another's innocent human life for the sake of their own convenience reconsider as she'd be risking her own life, as well, which I think is fair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies