Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2021, 11:20 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,320,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
I will blame landlords, since their profession (if you want to call it that), is zero sum. They get richer by making their tenants poorer two fold. First, them owing multiple properties leaves less on the market, forcing more people to rent. And 2nd, with what their tenants have to pay in rent, they would have to live like a homeless person to ever get a sizeable down-payment together
I did miss your unique brand of inanity and ignorance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2021, 11:21 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,673,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepnking View Post
"Making their tenants poorer"? Ridiculous.

I am told you are a trucker by someone who chose to speak for you since you didn't speak for yourself. Do you own your own rig? Lease?, or have the company provide one for you? IOW, for this rolling home that can be your 'house on wheels', do you rent or own.
I work for a company, I'm not an owner operator

Old 08-04-2021, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
So stupid. Such a hater. Rental housing is a trade. Both parties mutually profit. The tenant gets a nice place to live that he couldn’t afford to buy or build. The landlord gets a nice income stream. Nobody is compelled, it’s freely negotiated. But no, for you it’s just the jealousy. Envy, envy, envy. It’s all about the envy.

You could also make yourself more valuable and better. Then you could have more nice green dollars.
Part of the reason they can't afford to buy is BECAUSE they are renting, having to give potential down-payment money to a landlord instead

Old 08-04-2021, 11:24 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,320,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
So stupid. Such a hater. Rental housing is a trade. Both parties mutually profit. The tenant gets a nice place to live that he couldn’t afford to buy or build. The landlord gets a nice income stream. Nobody is compelled, it’s freely negotiated. But no, for you it’s just the jealousy. Envy, envy, envy. It’s all about the envy.

You could also make yourself more valuable and better. Then you could have more nice green dollars.
this poster has finally gotten himself to a financial and mindset place to want to buy - if memory serves he's about 40 - and he's pissed at how fast homes are selling and how few are available. So, he's hoping that LOTS of small landlords are either forced or decide to sell, and hopes that somehow floods the market and prices plummet back to early 2020 at least.

Old 08-04-2021, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
jeebus, I hadn't even read this response. See, the truth - that OldHag owns ONE as she said - doesn't matter to the progressives of the world. Didn't even comprehend your post. Saw "I'm a landlord", and thus by your mere existence, you are thus part of the problem.
Does Oldhag also own her own residence? Because that would be 2....

Old 08-04-2021, 11:26 AM

4,526 posts, read 1,880,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
I will blame landlords, since their profession (if you want to call it that), is zero sum. They get richer by making their tenants poorer two fold. First, them owing multiple properties leaves less on the market, forcing more people to rent. And 2nd, with what their tenants have to pay in rent, they would have to live like a homeless person to ever get a sizeable down-payment together
If a bunch of landlords all sold their properties, and the shortage of rentals became even worse, what do you think would happen to your rent?

You should be thanking those who are willing to be landlords instead of demonizing them.

You need landlords to exist far more than they need you.

Old 08-04-2021, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
False.

I’ve worked with a lot of people over the last 22 years. Most of them were lazy pieces of garbage.

The few willing to work hard (white, black, men, women, college educated, not college educated) have all done very well for themselves.

I have never even one time in my life met a hard working person who couldn’t get ahead.

This is the number one reason why I vote Republican. I’ve seen hard work pay off for so many people, from very diverse backgrounds.
I disagree, I've seen plenty of people work themselves into an early grave with not much to show for it, so I can counter your anecdote with a different one

Old 08-04-2021, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
this poster has finally gotten himself to a financial and mindset place to want to buy - if memory serves he's about 40 - and he's pissed at how fast homes are selling and how few are available. So, he's hoping that LOTS of small landlords are either forced or decide to sell, and hopes that somehow floods the market and prices plummet back to early 2020 at least.
Well what would you think when you managed to increase your income by 2 1/2 times in a 4 year period (38k to 87k), yet home prices shot up almost the exact same rate? Improved yourself just to tread water. And for the many less fortunate than myself, imagine how much worse it is for them!

Old 08-04-2021, 11:35 AM

32,009 posts, read 27,191,473 times
My guess is by only extending this new "ban" on evictions (however limited) only for sixty days Biden and democrats are hoping things will squeak by before any federal court, much less SCOTUS gets involved.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/03/u...e=articleShare

Problem is democrats and Congress created this monster, and now they've got to find a way to get it back into its coffin.

When you tell people they don't have to pay rent and cannot be touched for over a year, human nature being what it is plenty are going to take advantage. This even for those who could, would and should have been evicted prior to March 2021 or months afterwards for various legal reasons (such as nonpayment of rent).

You have renters who haven't paid a GD dime for 18 months or more, and don't have anyway of doing so. Their only Hail Mary is if they get a taste of that federal money which states are slowly paying out.

OTOH both federal and state governments are dangerously close in violating takings clause of USC. Health crisis or not neither can get away with depriving businesses of legally entitled income, and or interfering with private contracts without issuing some sort of compensation.

Old 08-04-2021, 11:50 AM

18,578 posts, read 8,383,693 times
The dems will either figure out a way to extend it....

...or have this bomb drop right before their election in Nov
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies