Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2021, 09:51 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizrap View Post
You don’t watch Hannity, do you. DJT spent quite a bit of time talking about Afghanistan, immigration, oil prices and politics in general.
I don't watch any American news, but enough people have posted about it that if posters were reading all the posts in the threads they were active in, he would have known that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2021, 09:52 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I don't want them to stay. I wanted them out years ago. That has to do with Biden's failure to evacuate all American citizens, those who helped us like the translators, and either remove or destroy equipment before he withdrew all troops - and had to send 5K back.

You Biden fanboys keep harping on something the rest of us don't even care about.
Jez Louise! He's in the process of evacuating all the people out of Afghanistan who want to go and the Taliban are standing aside and letting him do that, Give the man a chance.

Biden doesn't move on your timetable, especially since he has all the facts at his disposal and you have none as far as this situation is concerned.

Old 08-17-2021, 09:55 PM

1,503 posts, read 607,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
It's clear from this 2013 Pew survey that the vast majority of Afghans support hardcore sharia law for their country and despise Western values.

Biden deserves all the criticism he's taking for the botched pullout, but clearly the biggest mistake was in ever trying to help Afghanistan in the first place. They never wanted it.

https://www.unz.com/isteve/why-the-t...of-the-people/
Can you guys finally agree on the reasons why US was in the Afghan? Some are saying for "revenge", others are saying for "help"; but when pressed, the latter group sometimes admits that the real reason was "revenge", and "help" is just a cover up to look good.

So, what was that? Help or revenge? It can't be both, you know...

8,156 posts, read 3,678,584 times
Quote:
There are ways to withdraw. You don't do it at once, you make sure American civilians and translators, etc. have been evacuated completely, all equipment removed or destroyed, and your remaining troops are withdrawn after all of that happens. That's the point. It doesn't matter if the Taliban took 5 hours to takeover cities or five weeks. This dope did it all wrong from the start, after stating on July 8th that a scenario like this wouldn't happen. That's a failure of such epic proportions that we've lost face, he will be seen as weak, we'll be viewed as untrustworthy because we won't get the Afghans who assisted us out of there, and we're now extremely vulnerable with an open border. I highly doubt ANY other president would have failed this badly.

This has nothing to do with not being able to win, as stated in a post you agreed with. The mess left behind would never have included what I wrote above. Again, this was in a post you agreed with. And finally, Trump didn't go back on his promise to end the war there - another point you agreed with.

I don't know where you guys come up with this stuff, I really don't, but it's not accurate and some of you counter the main argument we're all discussing by throwing anything and everything at the wall and hoping something will stick.
For the last time, my point in my original post was different, you did not understand that.

In regards to the rest:

You do understand that evacuations are ongoing, correct?

And you do understand that it was never going to be "pretty"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
No they don't and thank God for that much. The Taliban want to be internationally recognized as the official government of Afghanistan. That won't happen if they start chopping people's heads off. They say they are the New Taliban, but i think they just want the Allies out as soon as possible so why provoke them.....I could be wrong. Don't get me wrong Biden screwed this up to the extent that will give us images for decades to come...and he's taking a beating from all sides right now and deservedly so. Right now the military is in the process of staging one of the biggest airlifts in history. Biden can mitigate the disaster of his own making if he pulls that off. They will need the cooperation of the Taliban with that....and that maybe something the Taliban wants everyone to see (being optimistic)....could go the other way though. 70% of the American population wanted out of Aghanistan.....0% wanted to see what we are seeing now.
What do you think they expected to see? Flowers strewn in the roadway as America departed with a bunch of Taliban throwing kisses? Biden got exactly what he needed to get. Free passage for every swinging dick and Nancy who want to leave Afghanistan without hinderance. What could be better? Screw the optics! Results matter, and Biden is getting them as we speak.

Last edited by mohawkx; 08-17-2021 at 10:17 PM..

34,059 posts, read 17,081,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
He's in the process of evacuating all the people out of Afghanistan who want to go and the Taliban are standing aside and letting him do that, Give the man a chance.

First the Taliban are not trustworthy. They can hide the bodies of those killed for a little show the next days.

We already discovered dead Afghan citizens in jet wheel wells the last few days. Way to go, JB. Fall of Saigon Episode 2, Iran Hostage Crisis level embarrassment for USA rolled into 1.

Had Biden run Dunkirk, he would return 6 days later to "save them" and find hundreds of thousands of dead bodies all over the beach.

The required order is easy: (1) Evacuate US citizens, (2) Evacuate Afghan friends who aided US for 20 years, (3) Evacuate Afghans otherwise in fear, (4) Destroy US equipment, (5) Exit.

Dumbo Biden put step 5 as step 1, and did a huge favor to the body bag industry via that screwup.

Old 08-17-2021, 09:56 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Jez Louise! He's in the process of evacuating all the people out of Afghanistan who want to go and the Taliban are standing aside and letting him do that, Give the man a chance.

Biden doesn't move on your timetable, especially since he has all the facts at his disposal and you have none as far as this situation is concerned.
I can't. I've tried explaining to you the huge error here and you don't listen. You just keep defending the indefensible.

I'll try it one more time. HE SENT TROOPS BACK TO AFGHANISTAN BECAUSE HE SCREWED UP BY REMOVING ALL TROOPS AND LEAVING CITIZENS AND EQUIPMENT BEHIND. HE SCREWED UP ROYALLY AND WE WILL BE NEGATIVELY IMPACTED BY THAT FOR YEARS. HE'S PUTTING LIVES AT RISK, OUR NATIONAL SECURITY AT RISK, AND HE'S WEAKENED OUR POSITION IN THE WORLD.

WHAT HE IS DOING NOW DOESN'T MATTER. IT'S TOOOOOOOO DAMN LATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO YOU GET IT NOW???

Old 08-17-2021, 09:57 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
A rino is a politician that runs as a conservative but pushes nation building, endless wars, endless occupations and massive immigration for cheap labor. Liz fits that. I feel the same for you Democrats. When Democrats defended a Cheney but crucified Tulsi then I knew you Dems lost your minds.
Liz Cheney did no such thing. Perhaps you could give me examples of her votes though. I find it odd that no one had a problem with her...the third ranking member of congress, until she stood up to Trump. But now she's a rino. That tells me that anyone who voices anything negative about Trump is a rino. Good grief. How pathetic that we put one man, who pretends to be a conservative, over true conservatives. Don't get me wrong. I can't stand her but she is a true conservative.

Old 08-17-2021, 10:01 PM

34,059 posts, read 17,081,326 times
Quote:
I can't. I've tried explaining to you the huge error here and you don't listen. You just keep defending the indefensible.

I'll try it one more time. HE SENT TROOPS BACK TO AFGHANISTAN BECAUSE HE SCREWED UP BY REMOVING ALL TROOPS AND LEAVING CITIZENS AND EQUIPMENT BEHIND. HE SCREWED UP ROYALLY AND WE WILL BE NEGATIVELY IMPACTED BY THAT FOR YEARS. HE'S PUTTING LIVES AT RISK, OUR NATIONAL SECURITY AT RISK, AND HE'S WEAKENED OUR POSITION IN THE WORLD.

WHAT HE IS DOING NOW DOESN'T MATTER. IT'S TOOOOOOOO DAMN LATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO YOU GET IT NOW???

Key words in RED.

This is a humanitarian disaster. The body bag industry will be the only "winner".

Old 08-17-2021, 10:01 PM

Quote:
There are ways to withdraw. You don't do it at once, you make sure American civilians and translators, etc. have been evacuated completely, all equipment removed or destroyed, and your remaining troops are withdrawn after all of that happens. That's the point. It doesn't matter if the Taliban took 5 hours to takeover cities or five weeks. This dope did it all wrong from the start, after stating on July 8th that a scenario like this wouldn't happen. That's a failure of such epic proportions that we've lost face, he will be seen as weak, we'll be viewed as untrustworthy because we won't get the Afghans who assisted us out of there, and we're now extremely vulnerable with an open border. I highly doubt ANY other president would have failed this badly.

This has nothing to do with not being able to win, as stated in a post you agreed with. The mess left behind would never have included what I wrote above. Again, this was in a post you agreed with. And finally, Trump didn't go back on his promise to end the war there - another point you agreed with.

I don't know where you guys come up with this stuff, I really don't, but it's not accurate and some of you counter the main argument we're all discussing by throwing anything and everything at the wall and hoping something will stick.
Uh, can you name one war that America has lost where the scenario you just stated has played out?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies