Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2021, 07:33 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,667,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Yep, and people seem to forget that Trump was fighting not only the corrupt democrat politicians, but the republicans as well because they too were cashing big on these wars. And even Trump's own cabinet began to abandon him when they realized he would not go to war for them.

And Trump proved one thing, that the President of the United States has very little power in this day and age. Pretty much it's who ever is in control of the CIA that has the ultimate power, and we will never truly get to see their face. These are the types that get flown from private military bases to the tops of prestige skyscrapers to catch a dinner that costs a million a plate before hopping back on the privatized military chopper to some yacht out in the ocean.
In regard to foreign affairs, POTUS has all the power. Of course, he is dependent on the CIA and the military brass to provide intelligence and recommendations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
I think We are seeing why OBL wanted Obama dead so Biden would have been put in charge. LOL
How do you know what Osama bin Laden wanted? He was hiding in Pakistan while Obama was President.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
We were there for 20 years and apparently they've had terrorist training camps all along or they wouldn't have been able to close in and take over cities so quickly.

And I repeat, they have terrorist training camps here we do nothing about.

We need to take different measures to ensure our soil is safe - and one of them is to CLOSE THE BORDERS and make sure NOBODY can enter illegally.
You don't seem to understand the difference between the Taliban and al-Qaeda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
We can't blame Trump because he's not the one who withdrew the troops before ensuring the safety of citizens.
If Trump has been re-elected, he would have relied on the same intelligence that Biden was given.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Everyone expected the Afghan Army to go belly up. Biden was warned it would happen. He ignored the warning.
We stayed in Afghanistan for 20 years because every President since Bush was told the same thing. Each President pushed withdrawal down the road. Now we're blaming Biden for having the guts to pull the plug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
Who does?

90% of Presidents after 1986 have no military service background.
90%? How did you come up with that number? George H. W. Bush had plenty of actual combat experience. His son was in the Air National Guard. Donald Trump was a cadet at the New York Military Academy. I'm not sure a few years in the military makes that much of a difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2021, 07:33 PM

13,601 posts, read 4,934,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
My criticism of Biden is that he totally botched it when it comes to removing non-military personnel first. A savvy fifth-grader could have made that call.
I'm a Biden supporter but I have to agree on that point.

Old 08-15-2021, 07:34 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,768,189 times
Today my spouse who is a veteran and a virulent critic of Donald Trump told me the following:

“If Trump had taken us totally out of Afghanistan, I would have voted for him”.

I was astonished.

We both believe we should have left Afghanistan right after we killed bin Laden and we should have NEVER gone into Iraq.

So, as far as I am concerned, we did plenty for Afghanistan. We trained about 300,000 Afghani soldiers and they refused to fight. that isn’t our problem.

Mr President, thank you for getting us out of that hopeless hellhole.

Old 08-15-2021, 07:34 PM

6,746 posts, read 6,733,588 times
Default So That's It? We're Just Letting the Taliban Take Over?

Let them get the training camps up and running again? Let them start beheading people suspected of helping Americans? Have we forgotten the people who jumped out of the WTC on 9/11? Seriously, what's next?

Old 08-15-2021, 07:35 PM

15,532 posts, read 10,504,683 times
Obama said "Don't underestimate Joe's ability to f**k things up."

Old 08-15-2021, 07:37 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,167,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManApplet View Post
linkie? or GTFOH
Sure. Happy to help.

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-calls-b...224500665.html
https://www.newsweek.com/trump-calls...nistan-1619538

Old 08-15-2021, 07:37 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,768,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
Vietnam is only communist in name. The US re-established diplomatic ties with Vietnam in the 90’s.
…and they sell Vietnamese goods at the Base Exchange (BX) of all Air Force bases.

Old 08-15-2021, 07:38 PM

323 posts, read 129,787 times
Interesting….

White House Posts Photo of Feeble Joe Biden Sitting Alone as Afghanistan Falls to Taliban – Outs Doha Station, CIA

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...falls-taliban/

This reminds me of that Proverb….Success has many fathers, failure is an orphan.

6,746 posts, read 6,733,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
So, as far as I am concerned, we did plenty for Afghanistan. We trained about 300,000 Afghani soldiers and they refused to fight. that isn’t our problem.
We didn't do it for Afghanistan, we did it for us. Huge win for Jihadists and terrorists The Taliban will now harbor. We can't fix these broken inbred stone age Islamic countries, but we can stop them from turning their Sharia hatred of civilization into violence against the West.

5,069 posts, read 2,279,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
"Former President Donald Trump called on President Joe Biden to "resign in disgrace" on Sunday amid the U.S. troop withdrawal from Afghanistan and the Taliban's takeover of the country." -- AP

Let me get this straight: Donald Trump started the withdrawal process and is criticizing Biden for finishing the job that Trump was too cowardly and too lazy to complete?

Really what Trump is doing is blaming himself but he's not smart enough to understand that.
One last note on this. Trump wanted out. Remember all the hubbub when he said we were leaving Syria (I think it was Syria), then he had to walk it back because the military warhawks had a conniption. I don’t know if that makes him cowardly OR lazy. Presidents can’t usually just act alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies