Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2021, 10:26 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,919,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Why is it an achievement "for the American people" and a victory "for all of us" ?
He drank the kool aid

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
While it is an overstatement of epic proportions, I don't think you understand what Gaslighting actually is.

It was a big win for Biden, and for America. It showed that Biden can do the work to get things done, and it also showed (or didn't show) that his style is the exact opposite of his predecessor. That is neither good nor bad, just a different style. He avoids the spotlight, and (sometimes) gets things done as opposed to bragging and blustering to hide the fact that nothing got done in the last four years.

Arguably, Biden has a much more hostile congress to work with, and a more divided America, thanks to Trump (and in many ways, also thanks to Biden, not as divisive as Trump, but certainly squandered many opportunities to do better than he did in the goal of bringing America back together again.)

Since Biden isn't being impeached, I would say he has a very friendly Congress.

"Biden has a much more hostile congress to work with"

How is that not gaslighting?

FTR, any time Democrats and establishment Republicans join hand to do something, the net effect will be that working Americans get ****ed in the ass.

3,306 posts, read 1,346,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Why is it an achievement "for the American people" and a victory "for all of us" ?
As we have already covered, several major surveys in July show broad support for provisions within this bill among the American public. Very best.

Old 08-11-2021, 10:33 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,346,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njforlife92 View Post
Let me say that I don't necessarily agree with everything that is in this legislation. I believe that the legislation should focus solely on roads, bridges, and waterways. And I think it should be paid for by reducing spending, not increasing taxes.

That said, you are absolutely correct that this bill is a victory for President Biden. Donald Trump promised infrastructure improvements, yet never delivered on that promise. I do believe that President Biden proved to the American people that he's serious about delivering on his campaign promises, working with members of both parties, and accomplishing things important to the public.

I disagree with President Biden on a number of issues, but I also believe he loves our country, is smart, and understands how to get things done. I believe his heart is in the right place. And he is a far better President than Donald Trump, who doesn't understand public policy, broke multiple campaign promises, and isn't a serious leader.
I have many friends who disagree with Biden’s campaign platforms. But they are reasonable people and they recognize the difference between a life-long public servant and a snake oil salesman. The passage of this bill is a reminder of what having a real public servant in office is like. Policy differences aside, America wins with Biden in the White House instead of Trump the bloviator-in-chief.

I appreciate your reasonable reply.

Old 08-11-2021, 10:34 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
He made a bill and it passed, time will tell if the American people are benefited by it. It seems the more the government tries to fix something, the worse it gets.

No it won't.

We know the answer now.

And there are different definitions of 'benefit'.

People whose general way of (except for Trump) looking at how things should be is more like you or me won't look at what will happen as benefiting, whereas the poster you are replying to will;

Old 08-11-2021, 10:57 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,825,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
I have many friends who disagree with Biden’s campaign platforms. But they are reasonable people and they recognize the difference between a life-long public servant and a snake oil salesman. The passage of this bill is a reminder of what having a real public servant in office is like. Policy differences aside, America wins with Biden in the White House instead of Trump the bloviator-in-chief.

I appreciate your reasonable reply.
You act like a tiny deal is worthy of big praise. Trump was able to pass a lot of bipartisan things. I hope you’re okay.

Old 08-11-2021, 10:59 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Let me say that I don't necessarily agree with everything that is in this legislation. I believe that the legislation should focus solely on roads, bridges, and waterways. And I think it should be paid for by reducing spending, not increasing taxes.

That said, you are absolutely correct that this bill is a victory for President Biden. Donald Trump promised infrastructure improvements, yet never delivered on that promise. I do believe that President Biden proved to the American people that he's serious about delivering on his campaign promises, working with members of both parties, and accomplishing things important to the public.

I disagree with President Biden on a number of issues, but I also believe he loves our country, is smart, and understands how to get things done. I believe his heart is in the right place. And he is a far better President than Donald Trump, who doesn't understand public policy, broke multiple campaign promises, and isn't a serious leader.

If it's true that only 23% of the bill is for traditional infrastructure, then the bolded is a crock.

Old 08-11-2021, 11:00 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,825,728 times
Quote:

Yet you still voted for him.

Old 08-11-2021, 11:14 PM

929 posts, read 399,500 times
Quote:
1. It’s unfortunate you are unaware of the behind-the-scenes work that took place in saving this bill in the Senate.

2. Rhetoric like what I bolded, italicized, and underlined in the reply is really concerning. I hope you are okay.

Very best.
1. And you would know what happened behind the scenes? Biden who has to constantly use teleprompters or cheat notes just to be able to talk coherently, his brain is ever so slowly degrading, thats part of being old.

2. Of course I'm okay, I'm just stating the facts, the GOP will get their revenge starting in 2022. I hope you will be okay by then. If you think GOP will forget any of these stupidity from Demonrats, you are surely mistaken. GOP will return the favor 3-4 times more. Here are some ideas--3 trillion to finish border wall, overturn DACA, give billions to fund our Police force, schools must teach in history that George Floyd was a hardened criminal and BLM is a racist organization...---see how that goes?

Old 08-11-2021, 11:28 PM

2,942 posts, read 1,638,417 times
Quote:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...te/5505736001/

When the infrastructure bill stalled in the halls of Senate, Biden and his team worked tirelessly behind the scenes to advance a key administration objective through the legislature. Today, their hard work pays off as the Senate just passed the legislation with bipartisan support, overcoming its biggest hurdle.

In stark contrast to the previous administration’s showy incompetence, the Biden administration exemplifies how to get things done for Americans, quietly, competently, and with bipartisan support.

Biden wins, America wins. Bravo.
10 years too late. Obama already did it all before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies