Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2021, 01:00 PM

3,730 posts, read 1,323,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I don't remember that, no. I remember them making fun of his ideas of using disinfectant and UV light as internal remedies. Which was very well deserved.

You don't remember his administration touting therapeutics and hydroxychloroquine? Last year Pelosi, CNN, Joy Reid, and people like you laughed at the thought of those as alternatives. Now it's all the rage. Why is it suddenly OK to use them now? Because the demented old man you voted for now occupies the White House?

Imagine holding out on helpful alternatives because people like you hated who was in office at the time. You and your party are sick in the head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2021, 01:02 PM

508 posts, read 460,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Trump has been wrong about Covid since the beginning. If he was right, it would have disappeared by Easter 2020.

You mean Fauci. Trump followed what the experts, mostly Fauci, were telling him.

Old 08-12-2021, 01:26 PM

24,516 posts, read 17,265,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I don’t blame Trump for Covid.

There is a huge difference between optimism and denial and thinking out loud and pure BS.

Not likely any POTUS in modern history would have used their global platform to promote unproven cures, including how injecting disinfectants under the skin would cure Covid

Thanks to the 18 recorded interviews by Bob Woodward of Trump, we know Trump was fully aware of the seriousness of Covid while he persisted in communicating a vaccine would not be necessary as Covid would soon disappear, in April.

In March, 2020 Trump declared Covid a National Emergency and issued the 15 Day Plan to slow the spread of Covid. Point #1 was to listen to and follow state and local government directions. Obviously the plan failed.

Most states or local governments issued restrictions, some of which were seriously goofy.

As time wore on, Trump reversed his position on vaccines and like every other developed country made trials and rapid approval a top priority. Given it was an election year, Trump desperately wanted the vaccine approved before the election and expressed hope it would be.

From there he claimed 100 million doses would be available by year end. He was off by 80 million. He gave Congress and staff priority over healthcare professionals and the elderly and did so regardless of the age and/ or health of the chosen.

Shortly before the election, Trump wanted a clean bill for another stimulus to give people $$$. The Republican Senate had no interest. We will never know if another round of free $$$ might have enable Trumpto win. It would not have hurt his chances.

After loosing, but not accepting the loss, Trump once again demanded a clean bill for another stimulus. The House obliged. Again, the Republican Senate would not play ball.

I voted for Trump in 2020 solely for continuity during the pandemic.

I agree with many of your points. The thing is we will never know if Obama, Hillary or Biden would have been able to handle the pandemic any better but we do know one major thing. If the pandemic happened when a Democrat was in office the media would have bent over backwards to aide and assist the President in any direction he/she thought appropriate up to and including telling HUUUGE whoppers to the public.

The Dems and their media were out to get Trump and he could have handled everything beautifully and they would still be calling Fauci a hero and Trump a murderer of 600,000 people.

It's really sad to say but the Democrats seized on people's suffering and used it to their advantage.

Old 08-12-2021, 02:34 PM

3,425 posts, read 1,450,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwk1 View Post
Exactly. It is astounding that a virus which may be responsible for less that 600 daily deaths across the entire United States ___ see Daily confirmed COVID-19 deaths, rolling 7-day average-USA ___ have turned to hysterical handwringing rather than common sense.

Aside from that, I think the “get the vaccine or die” crowd would do some good using their energy to complain about the Biden super Covid spreader he has created at our border.

See More than 1,500 coronavirus-positive migrants released in one week into Texas border town
August 4, 2021

”MCALLEN, Texas — A border city in south Texas declared a local disaster this week as it struggles to respond to surging cases of the coronavirus among migrants as thousands are released by the Border Patrol onto the street every week.

Last week, a record-high 7,000 migrants were released in downtown McAllen, where they were immediately tested for the coronavirus through a city contractor. More than 1,500 people tested positive over the past seven days, according to a city document issued Wednesday, compared to a total of 7,000 confirmed cases over the past five months. Those who test positive are told to quarantine for two days but are ultimately released into the public.”

The question is, why is the Biden Administration giving aid and comfort to hundreds of thousands of foreigners invading our southern border?

JWK

The dems are insane. They allow Biden to harass Americans to get vaccinated, and yet he is directly responsible for sending hundreds of thousands of unvaccinated illegal aliens into the interior of the USA. These Democrat politicians are two-faced liars and frauds, and sadly the Democrat voters are gullible simps for not holding Biden accountable.
The sad truth is, the Democrat Party Leadership, one the advocate for hard working citizens and their families, are now their worst nightmare!

JWK

Old 08-12-2021, 03:39 PM

46,978 posts, read 26,033,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DK736 View Post
You don't remember his administration touting therapeutics and hydroxychloroquine?
The question was about antibody treatment. Do try to keep up.

Old 08-12-2021, 05:11 PM

Quote:
The question was about antibody treatment. Do try to keep up.
You are spot on! We can't have a productive discussion if the goalposts are changed in the discussion.

Aside from that, I would really like to know how someone who has had and beat the covid virus threatens those who have had the "vaccine" and are demanding every one else to get it.

Old 08-12-2021, 05:50 PM

38,007 posts, read 22,180,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I couldn't rep you again...but...well said!

Not only are democrat voters "gullible simps" but far too many refuse to believe that today's dems are not their father's or grandfather's dems. Those who keep mindlessly voting straight "D" still believe that dems care about them, when the reality is that dems put illegal aliens ahead of Americans.

Neither party is looking our for Americans. However, there was once a time when dems put Americans first and foremost. Sadly, those days are long gone. I always say I didn't leave the democrats. The democrats left me.
When did Democrats put Americans first? Was it during the time they wrote the preservation of slavery into their official Democrat Party Platform, or the Trail of Tears, or the Jim Crow era, or during segregation, or Japanese interment camps, or their pro-abortion stance, and looking at the over 200,000 illegals that crossed the border last month and have been sent into our cities to infect us with COVID, it's sure as hell is not now.

Old 08-12-2021, 06:10 PM

38,007 posts, read 22,180,147 times
Quote:
I don't remember that, no. I remember them making fun of his ideas of using disinfectant and UV light as internal remedies. Which was very well deserved.
That's because the TDS afflicted don't think, they just hate on anything he said. The doctors were talking about UV light and other treatments as disinfectants. Trump waited until the doctor finished and then asked:

"I said supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way. And I think you said you're going to test that too... So, we'll see, but the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute - that's pretty powerful."

At the time Trump made these comments our medical doctors were already using UV light as a disinfectant.

Disinfection tests in endotracheal tubes - April 2019

Pharmaceutical firm Aytu BioScience testing UV light treatment - April 2020

Texas A&M Hagler Fellow Develops Technique To Sterilize Intubation Tubes - December 2020

So yeah, asking if we could inject light into the body was not so dumb a question to ask.

Old 08-12-2021, 06:54 PM

22,483 posts, read 12,022,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
When did Democrats put Americans first? Was it during the time they wrote the preservation of slavery into their official Democrat Party Platform, or the Trail of Tears, or the Jim Crow era, or during segregation, or Japanese interment camps, or their pro-abortion stance, and looking at the over 200,000 illegals that crossed the border last month and have been sent into our cities to infect us with COVID, it's sure as hell is not now.
^^^^All that you wrote above^^^^is true. No denying that. However...

Years ago, they did put Americans first. I grew up hearing all the ways dems looked out for the poor, working and middle classes. Those dems of yore would have been horrified to discover that their constituents were either seeing their wages depressed or were losing their jobs due to illegal immigration. And they would have done something about it, too --- and I don't mean amnesty. When Bubba was president, he formed the Jordan Commission whose job was to come up with ways to end illegal immigration. The Commission came up with many great ideas but the dems in congress sat on their hands and did nothing. Bubba also had the wall built on the San Diego/Tijuana border. That wall has drastically cut down on crime and illegal immigration.

Democrats, at one time, pushed for ZPG. They were concerned about overpopulation. Many, during that time, chose to not have children so as to overpopulate the planet. At some point dems did a 180 when it comes to this issue. They claim to care about the environment while at the same time encourage open borders and illegal immigration.

Neither party looks out for Americans. However, there was a time when dems could be counted on to do so. These days, they put illegal aliens ahead of the millions of suffering underemployed and unemployed Americans. Yet, too many still think dems are looking out for them. I'm sure the dems are laughing themselves sick when they think of how many have the wool pulled over their eyes. Today's dems walk all over their constituents. It's a shame that there are those who keep voting against their own interests.

As I said, I didn't leave the dems. The dems left me.

Old 08-13-2021, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Our Fake Media and lying social media giants have blocked information that would save lives and I believe they did so because they wanted to make the number of deaths from covid as high as possible in the hopes that it would elect a Democrat President and it worked. They are responsible for most of the deaths and they got our Weekend at Bernie's corpse of a President that they can control.
Like I have stated elsewhere, the Democrat Party Leadership, once the advocate for hardworking American citizens and their families, is now their worst nightmare!

JWK
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies