Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2021, 03:56 PM

5,820 posts, read 3,880,993 times

Advertisements

"In 2021, the Civil War II had just begun." (elementary school student in 2150)

Well, Civil War II came and went. The current USA split into two new countries: United States of True America (USTA), bringing back the America that once was, and Sorosfaucistan (SFS), named after the founding sponsors. The nature of each country and the quality of life there are self-explanatory.

So... where would each state go? Let's discuss! Post your own ideas as well. Have fun.

Capital of United States of True America:
shared between Pierre, SD and Tallahassee, FL

Capital of Sorosfaucistan:
shared between New York City and Los Angeles

undisputedly United States of True America
Alabama
Alaska
Arkansas
Florida
Idaho
Indiana
Iowa
Kansas
Mississippi
Missouri
Montana
Nebraska
North Dakota
Oklahoma
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
West Virginia
Wyoming

undisputedly Sorosfaucistan
California
Connecticut
District of Columbia
Hawaii
Maryland
Massachusetts
Michigan
Minnesota
New Jersey
New Mexico
New York
Ohio
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
Washington

United States of True America, claimed by Sorosfaucistan
Arizona
Georgia
Kentucky
Louisiana
Maine
Nevada
New Hampshire
Texas
Utah
Virgin Islands US
Wisconsin

Sorosfaucistan, claimed by United States of True America
Delaware
Illinois
Puerto Rico
Vermont
Virginia

disputed lands
Colorado
Guam
Minor Outlying Islands
North Carolina

Last edited by MillennialUrbanist; 08-14-2021 at 04:27 PM.. Reason: added Washington, DC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2021, 04:00 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,528,817 times
We are already in the middle of a civil war in this country - a civil "cold" war. It is not divided up by states, although they do play a role.

Old 08-14-2021, 04:11 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,173,562 times
Uhm.... I know it’s your fantasy game but based on what logic would anyone think ruby red Kentucky would be anything but in your imaginary undisputed USTA? Our current Democratic governor makes us no less red than Maryland’s re-elected Republican governor makes them less blue. We never saw presidential political ads in 2020 because our presumed vote for Trump was considered a forgone conclusion.

Old 08-14-2021, 04:17 PM

25,775 posts, read 18,840,914 times
Entertaining OP.

But I don't think Colorado is disputed. It went dark side awhile back. Surprised it still doesn't have an inverted pentagram on the state flag.

Old 08-14-2021, 04:20 PM

27,159 posts, read 15,334,701 times
This is more between people than it is States.
A lot of people would have to relocate in this scenario.

Old 08-14-2021, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Uhm.... I know it’s your fantasy game but based on what logic would anyone think ruby red Kentucky would be anything but in your imaginary undisputed USTA?
Its governor Andy Beshear is a Democrat, and he had some strict Flu-19 lockdowns to boot. Which is why I said it's claimed by SFS. Granted, the people might not give two hits what Beshear says, but still.

Old 08-14-2021, 04:21 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,994,810 times
You put a LOT of thought into something that will absolutely won't happen. For starters, Washington State has extremely liberal Seattle, and extremely conservative small coastal towns.

Texas has very liberal Austin, and very right wing rural areas.

It's disheartening, really, to see how much salivating there is for a civil war. Reminds me of the opening scenes of Gone With The Wind. And we all saw how well that worked out for the instigators.

Old 08-14-2021, 04:22 PM

9,519 posts, read 4,350,741 times
I live in God Forsaken Maryland. We're goners.

Old 08-14-2021, 04:23 PM

9,519 posts, read 4,350,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
This is more between people than it is States.
A lot of people would have to relocate in this scenario.

If we can hold out a few more years until after I retire, I'm out of my whacko Dem state.

Old 08-14-2021, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
You put a LOT of thought into something that will absolutely won't happen.
It's disheartening, really, to see how much salivating there is for a civil war.
Meh. I can say that George Soros and Anthony Fauci are salivating at turning our entire country into Sorosfaucistan. Hence the name. And only Civil War II can stop them at this point.

So... let's say it happened already. Then, the respective states seceded and reunited accordingly. We'll just have to find a semi-peaceful way to address the state claims and the disputed lands. I'm sure USTA wants Illinois as badly as SFS wants Wisconsin. We'll have a worse rivalry on our hands than Bears vs. Packers.

Last edited by MillennialUrbanist; 08-14-2021 at 04:37 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies