Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2021, 08:37 PM

5,069 posts, read 2,281,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
The vaccines block at least 50% of infections and 90% of hospitalizations. It is utterly absurd to deny the importance of having a more highly vaccinated population.

If nurses are refusing the vaccine, they are setting a really bad example for the public in addition to creating an elevated danger to their own patients. The Hippocratic Oath says that you should "first, do no harm".
And there it is... “setting a bad example”. It’s not about patient safety at all.

Old 08-15-2021, 08:45 PM

18,549 posts, read 15,596,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
And there it is... “setting a bad example”. It’s not about patient safety at all.
It's both. They aren't mutually exclusive.

Old 08-15-2021, 08:46 PM

57,311 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Don’t pretend that all scientists and doctors agree about this very new vaccine. I predict that you will soon be complaining about hospitals being overwhelmed due to staffing shortages. This is not smart.
Don’t pretend that the consensus among medical experts is anything but support of the vaccine, don’t believe me them ask the unvaccinated showing up in hospitals in record numbers.

Old 08-15-2021, 08:47 PM

3,495 posts, read 1,751,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
The nurses are setting a good example by indirectly telling the public the vaccine is dangerous so don't take it because I'm even quitting my job instead of getting experimental gene therapy injected into my system.

Old 08-15-2021, 08:50 PM

18,549 posts, read 15,596,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post
The nurses are setting a good example by indirectly telling the public the vaccine is dangerous so don't take it because I'm even quitting my job instead of getting experimental gene therapy injected into my system.
The vaccines are not experimental and are not dangerous, compared to the much greater chances of complications if you actually caught covid.

Old 08-15-2021, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
The vaccines are not experimental and are not dangerous, compared to the much greater chances of complications if you actually caught covid.
One of the posts I read stated a doctor told his patient, pick your poison, the vaccine or covid and hope it doesn't kill you.

Old 08-15-2021, 09:01 PM

19,039 posts, read 27,620,833 times
Entire state of WA is under health care order to vaccinate. Or bust. Deadline October 18. Even if you work from home. Even if you are just related somehow to health care.
Not just a county or a hospital.
I am only wondering, why they hit health care.
Wife is ICU nurse.
She was bagged by her manager to take extra shift yesterday.
Out of seven nurses to be on the floor, FIVE called in.

Her hospital also called three times through the day, offering extra shifts here and there.
And they are going to start firing nurses?

Old 08-15-2021, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Entire state of WA is under health care order to vaccinate. Or bust. Deadline October 18. Even if you work from home. Even if you are just related somehow to health care.
Not just a county or a hospital.
I am only wondering, why they hit health care.
Wife is ICU nurse.
She was bagged by her manager to take extra shift yesterday.
Out of seven nurses to be on the floor, FIVE called in.

Her hospital also called three times through the day, offering extra shifts here and there.
And they are going to start firing nurses?
I never knew how difficult it is to take care of one person until I became the sole caregiver to my 92 year old mom. I can't imagine what nurses go through taking care of several patients at once. Your wife is a hero, all nurses are, vaccinated or not.

Old 08-15-2021, 09:11 PM

19,039 posts, read 27,620,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post
I never knew how difficult it is to take care of one person until I became the sole caregiver to my 92 year old mom. I can't imagine what nurses go through taking care of several patients at once. Your wife is a hero, all nurses are, vaccinated or not.

Thank you. Night shifts since 1999. COVID unit since outbreak. I'll pass the word. Much appreciated. Pity. she's likely to be fired. She's a good nurse.

Old 08-15-2021, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Thank you. Night shifts since 1999. COVID unit since outbreak. I'll pass the word. Much appreciated. Pity. she's likely to be fired. She's a good nurse.
YW, so she risked her health working the covid unit before the vaccines and she probably didn't have all the PPE's she needed either, and now they want to fire her for not risking her health by not getting the vaccine? It's so unfair, I'm sorry. I'm just curious, why doesn't she want the vaccine? Did she see patients with bad reactions to the vaccine or does she believe it's experimental with unknown long term side effects and big pharma has no financial responsibility to back up their safety claims.
I know one medical person who told me her sister had such a bad reaction to J&J vaccine that she refuses to get it, it's not mandatory for her, she's a phlebotomist who does home testing, but she wears a mask and gloves in patient's homes.

Last edited by wp169; 08-15-2021 at 09:30 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies