Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2021, 09:30 PM

18,804 posts, read 8,479,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post
YW, so she risked her health working the covid unit before the vaccines and she probably didn't have all the PPE's she needed either, and now they want to fire her for not risking her health by not getting the vaccine? It's so unfair, I'm sorry. I'm just curious, why doesn't she want the vaccine? Did she see patients with bad reactions to the vaccine or does she believe it's experimental and big pharma bares no financial Iresponsibility for any side effects?
I know one medical person who told me her sister had such a bad reaction to J&J vaccine that she refuses to get it, it's not mandatory for her, she's a phlebotomist who does home testing, but she wears a mask and gloves in patient's homes.
It certainly may not be fair for any one nurse. But it is all about the health and safety of the patients.

Old 08-15-2021, 09:34 PM

1,929 posts, read 559,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
how old are you? That has a lot to do with it.

Or maybe you are just one lucky blonde.
One lucky person? Must be the majority of unvaccinated are just one lucky group. Sounds like you expect them to all be dead. Sorry to disappoint.

Old 08-15-2021, 09:38 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,600,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Must be nice to be independently wealthy. It's not like these people will be able to find suitable employment anywhere else.
Apparently they thought otherwise. The push for people to undergo a health procedure they do not want, will cause a major shift in how people earn their living, as well as, choosing an alternative places to do business and a decrease in public education. When people get tired of loosing employees, business and pupils, this might stop, and/or will create different opportunities. Americans are a resourceful bunch.

Old 08-15-2021, 09:38 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,502,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
The vaccines block at least 50% of infections and 90% of hospitalizations. It is utterly absurd to deny the importance of having a more highly vaccinated population.

If nurses are refusing the vaccine, they are setting a really bad example for the public in addition to creating an elevated danger to their own patients. The Hippocratic Oath says that you should "first, do no harm".
First do no harm, should also apply to the vaccines.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUE5EBPt-lU

Old 08-15-2021, 09:47 PM

8,243 posts, read 3,499,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Don’t pretend that the consensus among medical experts is anything but support of the vaccine, don’t believe me them ask the unvaccinated showing up in hospitals in record numbers.
Record numbers? All of those showing up last year were unvaccinated. Numbers should be way down from last year.

Old 08-15-2021, 09:58 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,600,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Don’t pretend that the consensus among medical experts is anything but support of the vaccine, don’t believe me them ask the unvaccinated showing up in hospitals in record numbers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
Record numbers? All of those showing up last year were unvaccinated. Numbers should be way down from last year.
This virus upon roll out had a 98% survival rate --- now (a year later) the numbers (that %) will be skewed between vaccinated and the unvaccinated as if that makes a difference.

Old 08-15-2021, 10:32 PM

8,243 posts, read 3,499,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
This virus upon roll out had a 98% survival rate --- now (a year later) the numbers (that %) will be skewed between vaccinated and the unvaccinated as if that makes a difference.
They have been skewing the numbers by factoring in all cases going back to the beginning of the pandemic to determine the percentage of unvaccinated that have been hospitalized. The real numbers might not ever be known.

Old 08-15-2021, 11:05 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,667,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post
The nurses are setting a good example by indirectly telling the public the vaccine is dangerous so don't take it because I'm even quitting my job instead of getting experimental gene therapy injected into my system.
What happens to that argument when the CDC approves the vaccine and certifies it for general use?

Old 08-15-2021, 11:10 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,744,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Sick of hearing nurses and teacher cry.
Except teachers are for tyranny and nurses are for freedom of choice.

Old 08-15-2021, 11:13 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,667,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepnking View Post
One lucky person? Must be the majority of unvaccinated are just one lucky group. Sounds like you expect them to all be dead. Sorry to disappoint.
That's your spin, not mine. I don't wish anybody dead and my post didn't sound like i did either. that's you trying to defame me and stereotype me.
She laid out this whole litany of experience where mere mortals would have probably caught the covid virus under those conditions and I said she might be lucky not having caught it.
Which goes against her thinking as she projected that the virus must not be very contagious and it's really no big deal. I disagreed with her and called her lucky.

You saying I wished her dead makes you out a vapid fool In my opinion whose just flapping gums, Mr. King.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies