Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2021, 09:18 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,507,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
War criminal. Cite the code he is in violation of and issuing and enforcement authority.
Oh we know you cant. Hes a criminal! What crime? We dont know, but we say hes a criminal.

The war in Iraq was launched pursuant to US public law 107-243. How can the war be a crime?
Furthermore our actions were allowed within the UN charter, article 51. Which states nothing in the charter prevents a nation state or agents contracted by them to act im their own self defense. We were contracted by KSA and Kuwait, both of which were attacked and invaded by Iraq. UN1441 stated it was saddams final chance for peaceful disarment. When Blix determined on march 7 2003 in his interim report that Saddam was irrevocably in breach of 1441 and France subsequently declared veto intent over further actions, Bush was required under the terms of public law 107-243:to attack Iraq..

Those are the facts.
He authorized torture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2021, 09:39 PM

30,261 posts, read 23,751,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Another good speech.
From 2010...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBKI5GjxpmA
I remember having a conversation with someone back in the day about voting for Ron Paul.

The person's excuse for not wanting to vote for him? "No way! He's an isolationist!'

If only people weren't so military industrial complex brain washed.

We absolutely need to have a strong military, but we do NOT need to continue sending our troops out there to countries that didn't attack us. As Dr. Ron Paul said, Afghanistan didn't attack us. The Taliban didn't attack us. Iraq didn't attack us. Even the Democrats were saying that way back in the day, when we first went into Iraq. (I mean the every day people, not the scum bags in government - both are equally hawkish - so, no, not just Bush's fault. So many left and right twits in Congress were declaring that we just had to get to Iraq and start something - DEMS and Republicans, despite how some lefties wish to rewrite THAT history.)

If someone attacks us, set up a plan, go after the one who attacked us, not everywhere else we feel like going for whatever screwed up reason these politicians are always using to start yet another war.

And what really irritates me is when I see Republicans who say things, (especially on Twitter - which I finally got so disgusted by that site that I deleted my account, entirely), "thank you for protecting our freedom!' to vets.

You can thank them for their service - but what freedom, exactly, were they protecting when they were in Iraq and Afghanistan?

It's not their fault - the useless government put them there - but we weren't 'losing' any freedoms by NOT going there.

How I wish Paul would have been elected back then, instead of that idiot Barack.

Old 08-18-2021, 07:46 AM

5,296 posts, read 5,246,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
The America of 2 months after 911 is nor the America of today.
Yep, we were like an emotional child throwing a tantrum when something bad happened to us...somebody, anybody had to pay...and pay now...of course Bin Laden didnt' pay until nearly 10 yrs later.

Old 08-18-2021, 07:49 AM

4,299 posts, read 1,558,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
So don't defend yourself when attacked? Cowardly. Get the attackers, bring our troops home and stop violating the rights of sovereign countries and their people.
The attackers were mainly from Saudi Arabia. We wouldn't dare.

Old 08-18-2021, 09:54 AM

5,296 posts, read 5,246,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Pakistan also has Al Qaeda even today, are we going to invade Pakistan. We spent 10 years invading a country that Bin Laden left.

It's absurd to think this would have ended any better under Trump, remember he originally wanted to leave last year. There is no way this ends any differently with an army that has no heart in the fight, a force of around 350,000 Afghans was defeated in weeks. The Taliban took over Kabul without firing a shot and you think this would have been different with Trump at the helm.

We should have left there immediately, we had the history of failures by Great Britain and Russia but we thought we were all powerful.
The only problem I have had w/ the fiasco is we should have evacuated all the people who helped us these past 20 yrs first...That is on Biden totally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies