Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2021, 07:35 AM

14,232 posts, read 4,598,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
As someone living with a person at the beginnings of memory loss, IDK if they just let Biden out in public on his good days or what.

And even though I voted for the not Trump candidate, I have never been a fan of Biden. Especially since he was the one who did not allow the other 2 to testify, giving us Clarence Thomas.

That said, he didn't do this alone. There is a 50 year history and thousands of government workers involved.

Biden said when he asked the military when the Afghans would be ready to defend their nation, he was told IDK.

Just look at the division in this country over Covid masks. Now imagine the tribal warfare in Afghanistan. We never should have been there in the 1st place. And why any country or person has anything to do with Pakistan and SA is a mystery to me
and here you are voted for Biden, the exact kind of politician you just described in your post. You do know that Biden has like 200 years in politics and he voted to invade Astan and Iraq 20 years ago, right?

I guess you voted against Trump because of his mean tweets and he's a meanie?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2021, 07:37 AM

8,630 posts, read 10,155,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
And when nothing happens we can still say it's because the Taliban is still scared of Trump.
Are you clueless? Do you truly believe nothing will happen? It's that kind of empty headedness that got Biden elected in the first place.

As I stated in another thread, Siraz Haqqani has now been welcomed in Kabul. So basically on the 20th anniversary of 9/11, the Taliban and Al Quada are going to make sure they and the Haqqani network will see that the Taliban flag flies over all of Afganistan. The US government has only been talking about the Taliban as the legitimate rulers of Afghanistan today. But if we dig deeper, the #2 or deputy leader in the Taliban is now Siraj Haqqani who is the head of the Haqqani network - a foreign terrorist organization that has been designated that way since 2012. So when Biden tells the nation that Al Quada is gone from Afghanistan, he is basically lying and/or clueless. The Taliban and Al Quada share the same ideology and are responsible for 9/11. So on the anniversary of 9/11, our government is putting in power and recognizing the people responsible for it. They have been in negotiations with the Haqqani network. Anas Haqqani is leading the talks the US Govt. has been pushing on the Afghan government.

Old 08-21-2021, 07:38 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,047,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post

Do you remember that young girl who "testified" before what was supposed to be a congressional hearing about human rights in Kuwait? That media pr stunt by Hill and Knowlton convinced Americans that we should protect Kuwait from Iraq. Thanks to H Bush who had the sense to get in and get out it was brief. But it also got Iraq in the news 24/7 for years after.

Do you remember When Cheney was head of Halliburton when they did a deal without doing due diligence. Halliburton was days from declaring bankruptcy.

Simultaneously, the people accounting for weapons in Iraq could account for the weapons down to the part numbers. But, Cheney's pension was at stake. So into Iraq we go. Rumsfeld said they'd be throwing roses at out feet. How long did that last, how many dead troops, how much taxpayer money did it take?

I just ordered another copy of Charley Wilson's War to refresh my memory of the millions and millions in weapons almost secretly given to the wonderful fighting men of Afghanistan by the USA, Saudi Arabia and Israel.
I remember these things....

the weapons of mass destruction that we didn't find and a country destroyed...

As in, how did we get where we are today?

Old 08-21-2021, 07:47 AM

8,178 posts, read 6,929,698 times
Biden is a puppet. He doesn't even know that he's President half the time. They probably told him he's starring in a sitcom. "Here Joe, here are your lines, now stick to the script..."

Why do you think he never really went out and campaigned, why did they have him hiding in the basement all the time? You know why. He was mentally unfit. But he was the perfect PUPPET whose strings could be pulled. Jill is complicit. They're probably being blackmailed over all of his corrupt past dealings.

Who is PULLING HIS STRINGS?

THAT is the real question.

Old 08-21-2021, 07:49 AM

15,848 posts, read 6,551,421 times
Don't blame the terrorists for the atrocities they commit? What kind of rubbish logic is that?

Old 08-21-2021, 07:50 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,047,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Are you clueless? Do you truly believe nothing will happen? It's that kind of empty headedness that got Biden elected in the first place.

As I stated in another thread, Siraz Haqqani has now been welcomed in Kabul. So basically on the 20th anniversary of 9/11, the Taliban and Al Quada are going to make sure they and the Haqqani network will see that the Taliban flag flies over all of Afganistan. The US government has only been talking about the Taliban as the legitimate rulers of Afghanistan today. But if we dig deeper, the #2 or deputy leader in the Taliban is now Siraj Haqqani who is the head of the Haqqani network - a foreign terrorist organization that has been designated that way since 2012. So when Biden tells the nation that Al Quada is gone from Afghanistan, he is basically lying and/or clueless. The Taliban and Al Quada share the same ideology and are responsible for 9/11. So on the anniversary of 9/11, our government is putting in power and recognizing the people responsible for it. They have been in negotiations with the Haqqani network. Anas Haqqani is leading the talks the US Govt. has been pushing on the Afghan government.
As I posted in post #13, the Trump administration started "talks with the Taliban back in 2018" because Trump
(the Art of the Deal guy) "wanted to sign a peace deal with them."

"Our Secretary of State [Mike Pompeo] signed a surrender agreement with the Taliban," McMaster said on Bari Weiss' podcast.
"This collapse goes back to the capitulation agreement of 2020.

The Taliban didn’t defeat us. We defeated ourselves."

https://www.axios.com/trump-taliban-...51bd47ed6.html

Who's the empty headed one?

Old 08-21-2021, 07:51 AM

4,540 posts, read 2,786,962 times
Seems like a lot people in this thread are making the same arguments that made us stay in this war for 20 years.

I remember a few months ago when Trump supporters were anti-interventionist; one of the only things I agreed with them on.

Now it seems like they have gone full neocon.

Old 08-21-2021, 08:01 AM

8,630 posts, read 10,155,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
As I posted in post #13, the Trump administration started "talks with the Taliban back in 2018" becauce Trump
(the Art of the Deal guy) "wanted to sign a peace deal with them."

"Our Secretary of State [Mike Pompeo] signed a surrender agreement with the Taliban," McMaster said on Bari Weiss' podcast. "This collapse goes back to the capitulation agreement of 2020.

The Taliban didn’t defeat us. We defeated ourselves."

https://www.axios.com/trump-taliban-...51bd47ed6.html

Who's the empty headed one?
I think we can agree that negotiating with terrorists always has downsides to say the least. Having said that, today's events fall squarely on the Biden administration. With such a cluster, the "leader" of our country has taken off again both mentally and physically. We aren't supporting our allies, we apparently don't have a well-thought-out plan in place to bring our citizens home, the Taliban has our weapons and equipment, our reputation has been significantly tarnished, and posters like yourself are far more concerned about your own reputation than calling a spade a spade. So I think you've answered your own question.

Old 08-21-2021, 08:09 AM

14,232 posts, read 4,598,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
Seems like a lot people in this thread are making the same arguments that made us stay in this war for 20 years.

I remember a few months ago when Trump supporters were anti-interventionist; one of the only things I agreed with them on.

Now it seems like they have gone full neocon.
I don't recall Trump supporters were saying that US needs to withdrawal from Astan in chaos with people hanging on the wheel of military airplanes or leaving 10,000 American citizens behind for the Taliban or one billion dollars worth of military hardware as a farewell gift for the Taliban.

Besides, it is really a "withdrawal" when Biden just sent an additional 5000 US troops to Astan?

Old 08-21-2021, 08:13 AM

1,754 posts, read 756,366 times
Biden has clearly been abysmal with the Afghanistan withdrawal. However, why would he be solely responsible for all future terrorist attacks? It seems like an absurd generalization. What if there is a future intelligence failure, or a future president makes another poor decision, or what if it is the terrorists fault for choosing to do a terrorist action?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies