Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2021, 06:54 AM

1,866 posts, read 934,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Israel, Once the Model for Beating Covid, Faces New Surge of Infections

One of the most vaccinated societies, Israel now has one of the highest infection rates in the world,
raising questions about the vaccine’s efficacy.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/18/w...s-booster.html
Those who are unvaccinated might want to stay that way since the vaccines have greatly lost their ability to prevent infection and hospitalization.

The majority of hospitalized Israeli covid-19 patients are fully vaccinated:
https://www.beckershospitalreview.co...udy-finds.html

As some scientists have already stated, coronaviruses mutate/evolve too rapidly for vaccines to effectively contain them. We need to focus on developing more effective treatments for those who get infected, since vaccines won't stop this pandemic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2021, 07:43 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,235,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingsToValhalla View Post
Those who are unvaccinated might want to stay that way since the vaccines have greatly lost their ability to prevent infection and hospitalization.
Dude, this is not at all what the data is saying:

What it is showing is that vaccinated people 60 or older is at a greater risk of infection than the younger unvaccinated people. But their rate is still lower than people who are not vaccinated, young or old.

Almost 80% of the people in Israel is vaccinated. When you have that high of a rate, of course the vaccinated are going to be the majority of the people in the hospital - because there are so few unvaccinated left. So 80% are vaccinated. Only 60% of those in the hospital are vaccinated and they are predominantly 60 or older. It should be very concerning to the unvaccinated that they are only 20% of the population but almost half of them in the hospital are unvaccinated.

Old 08-22-2021, 07:45 AM

7,241 posts, read 4,552,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingsToValhalla View Post

The majority of hospitalized Israeli covid-19 patients are fully vaccinated:
https://www.beckershospitalreview.co...udy-finds.html

As some scientists have already stated, coronaviruses mutate/evolve too rapidly for vaccines to effectively contain them. We need to focus on developing more effective treatments for those who get infected, since vaccines won't stop this pandemic.
Yet I am being forced to get it? Nice.

Old 08-22-2021, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Almost 80% of the people in Israel is vaccinated. When you have that high of a rate, of course the vaccinated are going to be the majority of the people in the hospital - because there are so few unvaccinated left. So 80% are vaccinated. Only 60% of those in the hospital are vaccinated and they are predominantly 60 or older. It should be very concerning to the unvaccinated that they are only 20% of the population but almost half of them in the hospital are unvaccinated.
Dude, these vaccines are being sold as keeping you from the hospital... that is now proven demonstrably not true.

Stop trying to make yourself feel better.

It is only a matter of time until we are at the same numbers we were last year.

At the very least all of the medical leaders should quit or be forced out. Their plans failed. We need a new plan.

Old 08-22-2021, 07:59 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,235,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Dude, these vaccines are being sold as keeping you from the hospital... that is now proven demonstrably not true.
You're wrong - the promise is still 100% true.

The only difference is Delta is more contagious so more people are getting infected. Delta can go undetected by the B cell but it will be killed by the T cells - which is exactly what the vaccine is designed to do.

If you say the vaccine is not preventing Delta infection as well as other form of variant, that'd be a true statement. But you imply the vaccine isn't working which is 100% wrong.

Old 08-22-2021, 08:03 AM

45,227 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Perpetual boosters, here they come

Old 08-22-2021, 08:03 AM

1,969 posts, read 676,301 times
Quote:
Yet I am being forced to get it? Nice.
You're not forced to do anything. I do not consent - simple.

Old 08-22-2021, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logiatype View Post
You're not forced to do anything. I do not consent - simple.
And lose my job.. retirement... health care...

No choice.

Old 08-22-2021, 08:05 AM

1,969 posts, read 676,301 times
Quote:
And lose my job.. retirement... health care...

No choice.
I understand. I'm OK to make that choice. My body is worth more to me than the money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Perpetual boosters, here they come
They don't even count breakthrough cases if there's no hospitalization. They'll call it a pandemic of the unvaxxed but numbers are so murky you can't figure anything out.
All these politicians will suddenly increase their net worth after this. Taxpayer money going to Big Pharma and politicians to get everyone jabbed and boostered.

Old 08-22-2021, 08:06 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
From the outlet used as support of the vaccine not working

A grim warning from Israel: Vaccination blunts, but does not defeat Delta

The sheer number of vaccinated Israelis means some breakthrough infections were inevitable, and the unvaccinated are still far more likely to end up in the hospital or die

studies suggest boosters might have broader value. Researchers have shown that boosting induces a prompt surge in antibodies, which are needed in the nose and throat as a crucial first line of defense against infection

Most of the time cars don't get in an accident but we put our seat belt on all the time...and I suspect that most people in an accident have a seat belt on -- rather than not....does that mean you shouldn't wear one?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies