Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2021, 08:25 AM

3,495 posts, read 1,753,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
And lose my job.. retirement... health care...

No choice.
Get an attorney. Maybe you can delay getting vaccinated while your case is held up in the slow court system until a better one comes along, like Novavax or an anti-viral pill? I think you can refuse on religious grounds due to aborted fetus cells in the vaccine. Check out the legal websites on covid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2021, 08:33 AM

7,242 posts, read 4,556,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post
Get an attorney. Maybe you can delay getting vaccinated while your case is held up in the slow court system until a better one comes along, like Novavax or an anti-viral pill? I think you can refuse on religious grounds due to aborted fetus cells in the vaccine. Check out the legal websites on covid.
The law is not on my side (especially after the FDA approves it)

No one would buy a religious exemption.

I do have the option of testing which I will be doing -- please people don't be nieve. Judges are old and scared and they do have enough case law on their side if they want to use it (which they do) -- law is only a piece of paper if the people who are charged with enforcing it don't want to.

Old 08-22-2021, 08:38 AM

1,162 posts, read 456,854 times
Jesse Jackson might be dead If he wasn't vaccinated

Old 08-22-2021, 08:47 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,285,966 times
As usual the left is trying to move the goalposts.... and is still lying to us just like that weasel Fauci has been for a year and a half.

The NY Times, for Pete's sake, is actually admitting the vaccine has failed!

The vaccines were supposed to end the pandemic, and that is not happening. Covid is still spreading, and now they are saying "boosters" will be needed. Well, not for this guy. I'll count on my good immune system from this point on. I'm done with it and I'm taking my chances.

Last edited by BeerGeek40; 08-22-2021 at 08:56 AM..

Old 08-22-2021, 08:49 AM

6,389 posts, read 2,716,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
From the outlet used as support of the vaccine not working

A grim warning from Israel: Vaccination blunts, but does not defeat Delta

The sheer number of vaccinated Israelis means some breakthrough infections were inevitable, and the unvaccinated are still far more likely to end up in the hospital or die

studies suggest boosters might have broader value. Researchers have shown that boosting induces a prompt surge in antibodies, which are needed in the nose and throat as a crucial first line of defense against infection

Most of the time cars don't get in an accident but we put our seat belt on all the time...and I suspect that most people in an accident have a seat belt on -- rather than not....does that mean you shouldn't wear one?
Yes but the seatbelt has been proven safe over time. It was first introduced in the '60s. Even though there was still a significant number of deaths from auto accidents every year, mandatory seatbelt laws were not introduced until the 1980s after a couple of decades of scientific study and analysis.

Oh and unlike the vaccines that remain in the body, hasn't had any long-term testing, and as it turns out may lose effectiveness over time a lot quicker than first promised. I can take my seatbelt off when I am not in the car and the next time I get in the car I can put it on and have the exact same effectiveness as before.

Can we finally be done with this tired "seatbelt analogy".

Last edited by FrankNSense; 08-22-2021 at 08:57 AM..

Old 08-22-2021, 08:51 AM

43,146 posts, read 18,306,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingsToValhalla View Post
Those who are unvaccinated might want to stay that way since the vaccines have greatly lost their ability to prevent infection and hospitalization.

The majority of hospitalized Israeli covid-19 patients are fully vaccinated:
https://www.beckershospitalreview.co...udy-finds.html

As some scientists have already stated, coronaviruses mutate/evolve too rapidly for vaccines to effectively contain them. We need to focus on developing more effective treatments for those who get infected, since vaccines won't stop this pandemic.
And that is why there is no shot for the common cold.
And that is why there's a plethora of flu combinations each year and then..less than 40% effective.

This isn't like chickenpox or any of those others that don't mutate.

This virus mutates and vaccines will always be chasing the latest mutation.

This was speculated last January when variations were found by scientists. Of course the majority of talking heads scoffed at this.
Wonder if they are eating crow yet ?

Old 08-22-2021, 08:55 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,798,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timonium View Post
You're gonna have more vaxxed people in the hospital in a very vaxxed area.

Most people in the hospital overall are the unvaccinated. It's not even close
Why? Why would we expect vaccinated people to be in the hospital when the vaccine is supposed to keep people OUT of the hospital? I would expect an insignificant amount of vaccinated people to end up hospitalized.

And where are we getting the numbers of vaccine status of hospitalized patients? Do they ask people? Is it in everyone's medical record? Because the few times I've shown up at the ER, I have to give them just about every bit of information about me. They seem to have nothing.

Old 08-22-2021, 08:57 AM

5,581 posts, read 2,311,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
That's not true. And the fake news media will never tell you the real truth. Most of the new cases are coming from the unvaccinated. THis is what I am getting from a relative who is a nurse and whose husband is a doctor. And I'll trust them over Biden plants like you or the MSM.
Some hospitals post their data about hospitalized patients. Don't need the go through the media to obtain this info.

Sarasota Memorial Hospital in Florida states that 86% of hospitalized Covid patients are UNvaccinated. No conspiracy. It was 89% a few days ago. This is hospitalized Covid patients (not cases). The remaining 14% could be fully or partially vaccinated.

Link to the hospital's web site with Covid stats:

https://www.smh.com/Home/News-Events...ly-news-update

Old 08-22-2021, 08:58 AM

7,242 posts, read 4,556,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
And where are we getting the numbers of vaccine status of hospitalized patients? Do they ask people? Is it in everyone's medical record? Because the few times I've shown up at the ER, I have to give them just about every bit of information about me. They seem to have nothing.
This is a rumor started and perpetuated in order to sell the Pandemic of the unvaccinated but people with critical thinking skills can see this isn't true.

My workplace has admitted defeat even though 99% of people are vaccinated. Because most of the managers are well over 75 and the know if we all came back these people would be in danger of hospitalization and death.

Old 08-22-2021, 08:59 AM

8,419 posts, read 4,581,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
From the outlet used as support of the vaccine not working

A grim warning from Israel: Vaccination blunts, but does not defeat Delta

The sheer number of vaccinated Israelis means some breakthrough infections were inevitable, and the unvaccinated are still far more likely to end up in the hospital or die

studies suggest boosters might have broader value. Researchers have shown that boosting induces a prompt surge in antibodies, which are needed in the nose and throat as a crucial first line of defense against infection

Most of the time cars don't get in an accident but we put our seat belt on all the time...and I suspect that most people in an accident have a seat belt on -- rather than not....does that mean you shouldn't wear one?

Here we go again with the seat belt analogy. The simple act of putting on a seat belt does not put the wearer at risk of:

Antibody Dependent Enhancement (ADE)
Gullian-Barre syndrome
Bell's Palsy
Pericarditis
Myocarditis
Cardiomyopathy
Blood clots
Graves disease

And more!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies