Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2021, 06:46 AM

327 posts, read 211,521 times

Advertisements

Nothing to see here. Just someone trying to stir the pot and push their agenda. Derp.

Old 08-25-2021, 06:46 AM

78,438 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Well damn! You 'Mericans must be tough (or is that just you Texans?) One water break every 4 hours in the 100 plus degrees heat!. So on a 12 hour work day you get 2 (two) breaks the whole day? Damn you guys are tough! Start at six in the morning, work till 10am, take a break, work on till 2 pm, take a break then off at 6 pm.

Us softy Kiwi's and Auzzies get a 10 minute break every 2 (two) hours and a 30 min lunch break. It's enforced by law. We MUST take those breaks! That last rule came in a few years ago because guys would go out on site and not have their breaks then start making mistakes and having accidents.

When I was doing 12 hour days on construction, we didn't fool around. We worked hard out, no slacking. But they insisted we take our breaks. We had water founts strategically placed. Few guys carried water bottles. Some did. The trouble with carrying water bottles around is that we are working and we are carrying tools around. Sometimes the water bottle just doesn't work.

Exactly.

I'm just wondering how many of the commenters here on this thread do or did work construction?
I don't but have friends that do.

The entire thread operates under a dishonest premise from the start that this is actually the way things are being done and that this will "ban water breaks".

People like to lie for political gain, don't fall for it so easily.

Old 08-25-2021, 06:50 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,511,604 times
I’ve laughed several times at the premise that a Texan working out in the hot sun would ask permission of anyone for a drink of water. We don’t operate chain gangs here.

Old 08-25-2021, 07:09 AM

6,993 posts, read 2,713,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
I’ve laughed several times at the premise that a Texan working out in the hot sun would ask permission of anyone for a drink of water. We don’t operate chain gangs here.
... and there is no law against a worker having a canteen so they don't have to leave their station.

Old 08-25-2021, 07:12 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,511,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
... and there is no law against a worker having a canteen so they don't have to leave their station.
I delight in how many people here see Texas like a scene out of Cool Hand Luke.

Old 08-25-2021, 08:25 AM

30,274 posts, read 23,751,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
We have state and federal laws that protect workers and ensure proper rest periods. All the State of Texas is attempting here is to prevent cities from gaining the power to supersede existing state and federal employment laws with their own regulations. Cities should not have the freedom to dictate employment law for private employers.
In other words, this thread is YET again, another appeal to feelings over fact.

Sounds horrible when you say, "Republicans are trying to prevent water breaks!"

vs

"Republicans are trying to prevent cities from acting like they're above the state. No one is trying to prevent people water breaks'.

No wonder lefties fawn all over the media. They are the same: Try to use peoples emotions with false headlines, and use propaganda over truth to make people afraid about something that isn't even happening.

Gosh, I wonder why so many don't want to get "vaccinated" when the lefties and media are pushing so hard for it. I wonder if there just might be a connection to past behaviors, and peoples complete lack of trust. Huh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies