Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2021, 09:58 AM

52,268 posts, read 52,700,922 times

Advertisements

Yeah, this isn't a safety issue, at this point it's a control issue. No science to backup the need for outdoor masks. This thing even with the variants is winding down, even here in So Cal the numbers are flattening and starting to go down with this latest spike.

This clamping down harder when we're heading into the tail end of this thing is starting to become telling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2021, 05:37 PM

417 posts, read 247,041 times
I just read that the homeless are exempt from this new order. Why? Aren't they just as at risk as anybody? Why does Governor Brown hate the homeless?

Old 08-25-2021, 06:16 PM

574 posts, read 299,487 times
Too bad. You get what you vote for and liberals have a habit of voting for stupid people.

Old 08-25-2021, 06:23 PM

35,702 posts, read 21,063,743 times
My sis just told me her friend at the county vital statistics office where they issue death certificates -here in Fl - said the lady is overwhelmed- told her deaths are in the hundreds. Mask up - we are in for a very rough ride.

Old 08-25-2021, 09:18 PM

1,811 posts, read 901,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
My sis just told me her friend at the county vital statistics office where they issue death certificates -here in Fl - said the lady is overwhelmed- told her deaths are in the hundreds. Mask up - we are in for a very rough ride.
Unless your wearing an N95 mask or respirator it’s pointless. It stops nothing. Nothing at all. So much science on that single issue. The mask is now simply about control.

Old 08-25-2021, 10:41 PM

17,626 posts, read 6,914,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Nah. You wear your mask and don’t worry about what I do. Thanks.

Old 08-26-2021, 09:50 AM

9,881 posts, read 4,650,430 times
Mask mandate outdoors in the summer, with UVs, vitamin D, heat etc. So theoretically if one opens the windows in their house and are breathing outside air should they mask up?

Just as much about the governor virtue signaling to the administration for future political favors. She wants the national party to remember her for this down the road.

In the meantime Portland is a warzone and part of the state wants to secede.

Old 08-27-2021, 11:55 AM

29,518 posts, read 22,661,647 times

Facing Its Worst Virus Surge, Oregon Returns to Strict Mandates

Quote:
Facing a 990% increase in coronavirus hospitalizations since July 9, Oregon leaders have deployed the National Guard to hospitals, dispatched crisis teams to the hardest-hit regions of the state and ordered educators and health care workers to get vaccinated or lose their jobs.

Now, in her latest mandate that will take effect Friday, Gov. Kate Brown has gone beyond what any other state has done in battling the summer surge, requiring that both vaccinated and unvaccinated people wear masks when gathering closely in public, even when outdoors. She said more restrictions might be needed as the coming days unfold and the state tries to keep in-person schooling on track.

“All options are on the table,” Brown said in an interview this week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies