Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2021, 07:52 PM

585 posts, read 495,481 times

Advertisements

Just going by what I’ve read on here, my FB and other comments.
Pro vaccine people talk about getting the vaccine to keep everyone safe. To protect themselves, family, friends, coworkers. Yet are nasty to anyone who questions the vaccine or get sick and aren’t vaccinated. I’ve read people call if Karma. Saying they should be denied medical treatment. Wishing harm or death on unvaccinated people. Calling them murders. You’re supposed to be the “good” people who care about all yet can say such awful things?

Old 08-25-2021, 07:55 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,812,442 times
It goes both ways. Anti-vax people aren't innocent here. When you look at reasons why either camp behaves the way they do, you'll find just as many reasons for the other camp... and they feed off of each-other which amplifies it.

Old 08-25-2021, 08:15 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,919,782 times
I see two reasons, one is fear, you hear about covid on Facebook and every social media, plus some knows people or loved ones whom died. Others don’t trust it and feel like it’s to soon and to fast.

Second it’s turned political and divisive

Old 08-25-2021, 08:19 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
I see two reasons, one is fear, you hear about covid on Facebook and every social media, plus some knows people or loved ones whom died. Others don’t trust it and feel like it’s to soon and to fast.

Second it’s turned political and divisive
Fear does make people awfully angry.

Old 08-25-2021, 08:22 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,523,517 times
I dislike those people you speak of. I cringe at the ones who put little banners on their FB profile that they are fully vaccinated, some even with "You're Welcome" on them.

I'm vaccinated. Did it for myself and no one else and really don't care what others choose to do.

On the other end of the spectrum, I dislike the people who peddle in proven falsehoods and conspiracies as to why I'm a braindead zombie for being "conned" into getting vaccinated.

As in every controversy such as this, it comes from both sides.

Old 08-25-2021, 08:23 PM

3,349 posts, read 1,238,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
It goes both ways. Anti-vax people aren't innocent here. When you look at reasons why either camp behaves the way they do, you'll find just as many reasons for the other camp... and they feed off of each-other which amplifies it.
Ding ding ding
As usual it's both sides doing the same thing and people mindlessly defending their side while bashing what the other side is doing

Old 08-25-2021, 08:46 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,792,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
I'm vaccinated. Did it for myself and no one else and really don't care what others choose to do.
Bingo. At this point, I no longer care what other people do. I was never really interested in what other people do. I just make my own decisions and mind my own business. I got mine, months ago. I don't advertise this fact, except when I'm accused of being anti-vax because I vehemently oppose mandates of any kind and support voluntary vaccination. Data appears to be against the vaccines on preventing spread and support the vaccines on protection of the user. Sort of. Overall - inconclusive. Needs further research/more information. There's a possibility there are more breakthrough cases than we think - people without symptoms have no reason to get tested. I have a feeling the case numbers may underrepresent the total number of actual cases floating around, which may indicate this virus doesn't do as much damage as we thought.

My standard line is: You have the absolute right to determine what does and does not go into your body, or accept or refuse any medical treatment, for any reason, including medical, or no reason. Full Stop.

Alternative standard line: You currently have the right, means and ability to get any vaccine, anywhere, any time you want.

TBH both sides just need to mind their own business. But I'm always a fan of honest conversations where the purpose is to understand each other's position, not try to change it.

Old 08-25-2021, 08:55 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,919,782 times
My daughter is vaccinated and it makes her feel safe which makes me happy. It’s a personal choice and I may get one someday, it took me years to finely give in to the flu shot and shingle shots.

Old 08-25-2021, 08:58 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Fear does make people awfully angry.
Virtue signaling does make people awfully obnoxious.

Old 08-25-2021, 09:03 PM

10,482 posts, read 6,999,249 times
My question is if youre vaccinated why do you care about so much about someone elses vaccine status?

Do I care that some vaccinated people will probably alternative health issues as a result? I do, but im not shoving it down their throats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies