Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2021, 05:46 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,048,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
Trump has always been his own worst enemy. Now is a time he should KEEP HIS MOUTH SHUT. But knowing when to keep his mouth shut (or fingers still, as the case may be) has never been his long suit.

There will be plenty of time down the road for criticism, but in the middle of the crisis is NOT the time for divisive politics.
You are absolutely correct.

Trump is NOT the President. If he LOVES this country like he says he does, he would keep his MOUTH shut and not be trying to promote himself.

Trump is all about himself.

Trump officials have all distanced themselves from this "deal"...

"John Bolton and H.R. McMaster, two former Trump National Security Advisers known for their hawkish views, have lambasted both Trump and Biden for the withdrawal — though both have long been critical of the Taliban agreement.

"Our Secretary of State [Mike Pompeo] signed a surrender agreement with the Taliban," McMaster said on Bari Weiss' podcast. "This collapse goes back to the capitulation agreement of 2020. The Taliban didn’t defeat us. We defeated ourselves."

https://www.axios.com/trump-taliban-...51bd47ed6.html

Last edited by World Citizen; 08-28-2021 at 05:58 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2021, 05:50 AM

59,109 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryoVilla View Post
Tell that to the squad and dimwits.
Le's NOT leave kerosene maxine, "
Rep. Maxine Waters, The First To Call For Impeachment, Discusses Trump And Impeachment Process

By Donna M. Owens · September 30, 2019 Published · December 6, 2020 Updated
The congresswoman says she's been calling for and talking about a Trump impeachment since his inauguration"

"IMPEACH the mother f*cker"

Old 08-28-2021, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Joe keeps blaming him, he needs to defend himself. Have you read the Taliban agreement that Trump approve...Trump told Baradar he will demolish the Taliban if they ever kill one single American..for many months nothing happened. Joe takes over--13 service members dead.
Don't confuse them with the FACTS. They CAN'T handle them!

Old 08-28-2021, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
Biden doesn't have a magic wand that can make things go the way everyone wants. His decisions are made from the advice of the intelligence agencies, chiefs of staff and US military commanders.
It wouldn't matter who is president and this fiasco would be just the same, or worse, under Trump. The fault for any misinformation given to Biden is to be spread around.
Trump agreed to the Taliban's demands in 2020 which created this mess.
If you feel you could do any better then go to Afghanistan and do it and stop your Monday morning quarterbacking.
"His decisions are made from the advice of the intelligence agencies, chiefs of staff and US military commanders."

NOT according to THEM!

"Trump agreed to the Taliban's demands in 2020 which created this mess."

You really do NOT know what you are talking about.

As been said over and OVER, it is NOT the withdrawal it IS HOW it was done.

You NEVER tell your enemy your plans ahead of time.

You NEVER pull the military out FIRST!

And t was BIDEN'S DECISION TO DO SO.

NOT the intelligence community.

NOT the military, etc.

Old 08-28-2021, 09:05 AM

8,505 posts, read 4,567,713 times
Trump signed the deal to exit Afghanistan and dragged his feet on getting people out ahead of it with no plan. He bears much fault for what has happened there.

Old 08-28-2021, 09:19 AM

11,142 posts, read 10,716,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
Trump has always been his own worst enemy. Now is a time he should KEEP HIS MOUTH SHUT. But knowing when to keep his mouth shut (or fingers still, as the case may be) has never been his long suit.

There will be plenty of time down the road for criticism, but in the middle of the crisis is NOT the time for divisive politics.
Can you show us the posts you made the Dems spewing divisive politics in the middle of a crisis last year? I’m curious what you said about that.

Old 08-28-2021, 09:22 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
Trump set up Biden with the Trump/Taliban deal in 2020. Blame goes to Trump. If Trump, 'ol bone spurs', was president today this mess would be far worse than it is now. Trump gave away the store and all it's merchandise to the Taliban. Trump's probably making money on side deals with the Taliban. Same crap he did with Kim of No. Korea.
This.
Someone really needs to look at his and Pompeo’s money streams pre and post those deals.

Old 08-28-2021, 12:25 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,303,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Trump can talk all he wants when the media dissed him everyday over the smallest things he did. The media can shut up about Trump and start reporting the news, not their opinions.
The argument of "well they threw poop at me" doesn't wash. Just because one side misbehaves doesn't mean we have to.

Quote:
Tell that to the squad and dimwits.
I have, many times. I've called for stripping Ilhan Omar of all her committee assignments for her reprehensible comments on Israel and Hamas. Ditto for Rashida Tlaib for her "river to sea" comments, which means the destruction of Israel.

Quote:
Joe keeps blaming him, he needs to defend himself. Have you read the Taliban agreement that Trump approve...Trump told Baradar he will demolish the Taliban if they ever kill one single American..for many months nothing happened. Joe takes over--13 service members dead.
No Trump doesn't need to defend himself. He has plenty of surrogates who can do that for him. As an ex-president he needs to remain above base politics, especially in the middle of a crisis. In undermining Biden, he undermines the United States, or don't you care about that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
ARTICLE: Trump Surrendered Control of Afghanistan To the Taliban Last Year Despite the lies coming from dirty Don Trump, it was his 2020 “peace deal” with the Taliban that delegitimized the now defunct Afghan government and released 5,000 Taliban fighters in a surrender that created the “mess” Republicans and Trump now blame on President Biden.l
Oh please, stop with posting an editorial from a far, far, left Daily Kos writer and acting as if it was a news story.

Until 30 days ago the Taliban controlled about 3% of Afghanistan. Only after Biden announced a firm date for all U.S. troops to be gone and we withdrew from Kandahar, Bagram, etc did the Taliban begin to conquer territory. Biden assured us Kabul would never fall. This crisis is all Biden's making.

But that has nothing to do with whether or not Trump should be making any statements at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"but in the middle of the crisis is NOT the time for divisive politics" The EVER hypocritical left!
I am more conservative than you will ever hope to be and for longer. I started watching Firing Line with Bill Buckley when I was a preteen in the 1960's and continued my conservative education sitting by the side of Barry Goldwater at the Balboa Bay Club when he would come for summer in Newport Beach. I campaigned for Reagan for governor before I could drive.

Quote:
When has it EVER STOPPED THEM? And most like you NEVER COMPLAINED when dems did it! Explain that. Even THIS post by you!
As I said in my first reply in this thread, "they do it too!" is a whiny excuse I expect from my 9 year old grandson. Because others are bad is no reason to debase yourself to their level.

Quote:
"Trump has always been his own worst enemy. Now is a time he should KEEP HIS MOUTH SHUT" The SAME can be said to people like YOU.
But for Trumps inability to control his mouth and tweeting, I think he would have easily won reelection. Biden didn't win, Trump lost.

I remember in a primary debate where when he was criticized for being un-presidential and he responded with words to the effect, "when I win I will be unbelievably presidential, I'll be the most presidential president you've ever seen."

And of course, he wasn't. He continued his juvenile, petty spats with people far below himself. He didn't elevate those peoples status, he lowered his own.

Quote:
American LIVES are in danger and all they can do is attack Trump!
American lives are in danger and Trump criticizing Biden won't make things better. It only serves to allow the Left to distract from this mess Biden created to turn and cover Trump. When you have CNN finally being critical of Biden, why give them a chance to return to the "Hate Trump All The Time" network?

Quote:
Typical. Forget about the 1st amendment and FREEDOM OF SPEECH when it doesn't suit you! In all honesty, I don't blame you though.
The legal right to say something has nothing to do with whether or not you should say it. You have the right to tell your wife that dress makes her look fatter than usual, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Quote:
If I had voted for biden I would try to put the blame elsewhere also!
I've never voted for a Democrat for President, for Governor, for Mayor or Dog Catcher in my life and not likely too anytime soon given the direction of the Democrat Party. I would have seriously considered Jim Webb, especially running against Trump, but a decorated Marine Corps officer, Reagan Cabinet member, Democrat conservative had no more chance of winning the Democrat nomination than I would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Can you show us the posts you made the Dems spewing divisive politics in the middle of a crisis last year? I’m curious what you said about that.
My profile is wide open. You can scroll through and see my constant criticism of the Left and Progressives and my conservative gravitas and bona fides.

Why is it that if you don't have blind obsequiousness to Trump, you are a Leftie?

Old 08-28-2021, 02:02 PM

34,065 posts, read 17,096,341 times
Quote:

Old 08-28-2021, 02:11 PM

15,850 posts, read 6,554,586 times
Trump is just a troll. I'm not impressed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies