Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2021, 06:16 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,306,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Other than the final withdrawal date, what specific things were changed by the Biden administration?
Try to keep up.

"What part of,"After the March 25, 2021 meeting, where Biden changed the plan, and decided to go with his own plan, he has no excuse. Biden Owns This Disaster."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2021, 06:23 AM

8,918 posts, read 4,652,086 times
Quote:
Other than the final withdrawal date, what specific things were changed by the Biden administration?
Everything the Taliban were required to refrain from.

A couple of most important things, like not giving quarter to ISIS, and not invading the provincial capitals.
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/...ities-timeline

It is true that violence was increasing in the country, and we were taking retaliatory steps in regard to that, but when Biden was handed the "election" the Taliban stepped up their attacks, knowing he was a weak leader. Note, the following report was released after the election.

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/08/ti...m-afghanistan/
Quote:
Nov. 17, 2020
... Defense Department IG’s office released a report for the quarter ending Sept. 30, 2020, that said the peace negotiations between the Afghan government and Taliban representatives had stalled and violence increased. “At the same time, the Taliban increased its attacks against Afghan forces, leading to ‘distressingly high’ levels of violence that could threaten the peace agreement,” the report said.
After Biden was installed, things got worse, fast.
The following four items place all ownership of the problem squarely on Biden.
(And this is coming from a site that leans Left, and generally hates Trump)
Quote:
Feb. 3 — The Afghanistan Study Group, which was created by Congress in December 2019 and charged with making policy recommendations for a peaceful transition in Afghanistan, releases a report recommending changes to the agreement with the Taliban. “The most important revision is to ensure that a complete withdrawal of U.S. troops is based not on an inflexible timeline but on all parties fulfilling their commitments, including the Taliban making good on its promises to contain terrorist groups and reduce violence against the Afghan people, and making compromises to achieve a political settlement,” it said.

Feb. 19 — Biden reiterates his campaign promise to bring U.S. troops home from Afghanistan, saying during remarks at the Munich Security Conference, “My administration strongly supports the diplomatic process that’s underway and to bring an end to this war that is closing out 20 years. We remain committed to ensuring that Afghanistan never again provides a base for terrorist attacks against the United States and our partners and our interests.”

March 7 — Secretary of State Antony Blinken tells Afghanistan President Ashra Ghani that, despite future U.S. financial assistance, he is “concerned that the security situation will worsen and the Taliban could make rapid territorial gains.”

March 25 — Gen. Richard Clarke, commander of the U.S. Special Operations Command, tells the Senate Armed Services Committee that “it is clear that the Taliban have not upheld what they said they would do and reduce the violence. While…they have not attacked U.S. forces, it is clear that they took a deliberate approach and increased their violence…since the peace accords were signed.”

Old 08-30-2021, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Try to keep up.

"What part of,"After the March 25, 2021 meeting, where Biden changed the plan, and decided to go with his own plan, he has no excuse. Biden Owns This Disaster."
The easiest thing in the world would have been, in the first week of February, declare the agreement to be void, due to Taliban violations, and blame Trump for failing to act sooner. Had he done that, he would have been partly truthful, to blame Trump. (And it would have been in charactor, since he was/is blaming Trump for everything else that is going wrong.)

After Feb 19th, due to his bragging (going to keep his campaign promise), and March 25th, due to his changing the timeline,
HE OWNED IT.
This is what happens when leadership is weak.

Old 08-30-2021, 07:07 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
Everything the Taliban were required to refrain from.

A couple of most important things, like not giving quarter to ISIS, and not invading the provincial capitals.
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/...ities-timeline

It is true that violence was increasing in the country, and we were taking retaliatory steps in regard to that, but when Biden was handed the "election" the Taliban stepped up their attacks, knowing he was a weak leader. Note, the following report was released after the election.

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/08/ti...m-afghanistan/

After Biden was installed, things got worse, fast.
The following four items place all ownership of the problem squarely on Biden.
(And this is coming from a site that leans Left, and generally hates Trump)

So the only thing Biden changed was the timeline?

Nothing else in your post talks about Biden changing any other parts of the agreement.

Old 08-30-2021, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Try to keep up.

In what way do you imagine the above post answers my question?

I'll repeat to help you out: Other than the final withdrawal date, what specific things were changed by the Biden administration?

Old 08-30-2021, 12:17 PM

Quote:
So the only thing Biden changed was the timeline?
Nothing else in your post talks about Biden changing any other parts of the agreement.
Quote:
In what way do you imagine the above post answers my question?
I'll repeat to help you out: Other than the final withdrawal date, what specific things were changed by the Biden administration?
You would actually have to read and comprehend what I wrote to answer those questions, since I did answer them, but you didn't seem to understand.

Old 08-30-2021, 12:21 PM

Quote:
You would actually have to read and comprehend what I wrote to answer those questions, since I did answer them, but you didn't seem to understand.
No, you didn't. The only specific thing you pointed out was the change in schedule for the end of the withdrawal.

As an example, from your post:

"...Defense Department IG’s office released a report for the quarter ending Sept. 30, 2020, that said the peace negotiations between the Afghan government and Taliban representatives had stalled and violence increased. “At the same time, the Taliban increased its attacks against Afghan forces, leading to ‘distressingly high’ levels of violence that could threaten the peace agreement,” the report said..."

Where does that mention any change in the details of the agreement that were made by Biden?

The 2nd post of mine you quoted wasn't even directed at you.

Old 08-30-2021, 12:28 PM

31,050 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Its a wonderful ad, and the Dems running next year will see many portions of Biden's Taliban disaster in ads against them.

Successfully btw, with the crucial independent vote.
And the vast amount of Democrats will still vote for him

Old 08-31-2021, 07:00 AM

Quote:
...(snipped out everything that isn't relevant.)...
Frankly, it doesn't matter to me that you cannot read and comprehend what I wrote, since that doesn't make it any less true.

Old 08-31-2021, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Frankly, it doesn't matter to me that you cannot read and comprehend what I wrote, since that doesn't make it any less true.
Sure, Jan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies