Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2021, 08:51 PM

12,994 posts, read 9,526,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Why is this behavior a surprise to anyone? He hid in a bunker for the entire 6 months leading up to the election.

Did people not see this coming? He's actually doing a little better of a job than I expected him to do (that's not saying much).
You may be right, but I didn't think it was possible for any President to do this much damage to the country in just a few months. He hasn't done a single thing that could be considered positive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2021, 08:53 PM

2,068 posts, read 1,000,438 times
"Dignified transfer ceremony". That's a new term.

Imagine such a ceremony, attended by the President, displayed on national news for the 7,036 soldiers killed in Iraq and Afghanistan over the past 20 years. Or for the 58,220 soldiers killed in Vietnam.

Pomp and circumstance...while uncle Joe is caught checking the time.

What a doddering fool.

Old 08-29-2021, 08:59 PM

52,292 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Not answering questions about the Afghanistan situation might be OK under the circumstances - but he said he was INSTRUCTED to not take questions. He's the boss - he's not supposed to take orders from anyone. That's the issue. And just a day or two ago, he said he was INSTRUCTED to call on the NBC reporter. That's not kosher.

Without the hurricane, ducking questions everytime he's behind the podium is indeed a problem.
Yep. A whole lot of telling things. Biden is clearly not running the operation. He's said and too many things to indicate that the handlers are in charge. I just can't understand why peoplke jyst won't acknowledge this. They tried to bury Trump with the 25th A and Biden is clearly way worse off.

Old 08-29-2021, 09:05 PM

11,272 posts, read 11,037,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
He hasn't done a single thing that could be considered positive.
I think some of the leftists on CD came out a few weeks ago to boast about his "accomplishments" on the infrastructure front. That, if anything at all, is all I can think of.

Old 08-30-2021, 02:45 AM

185 posts, read 89,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Because he was there for FREMA and hurricane.

It would be like taking questions about the hurricane at the Dignified Transfer Ceremony -- not the right time.

That is NO excuse at all. He works for us. The people have a right to know anytime, anywhere.
And wait, you're comparing a FEMA press statement to a Military funeral ceremony? Really?

He didn't answer anything because he was instructed not to answer anything. He would've been unprepared without the pre-screened questions first about Afghanistan so his handlers could give him notes on how to answer each one.

President Trump answered every dang question on the fly anytime he was asked about something, even when it was totally unrelated to the subject at hand. The lamestream media did that ALL THE TIME to him, yet he always delivered.

And before anyone goes there...no, refusing to cater to questions from CNN Jim Acosta doesn't count.
Acosta was a highly disrespectful troll and everyone knew he only showed up to cause trouble.

Last edited by ASWD; 08-30-2021 at 03:05 AM..

Old 08-30-2021, 02:54 AM

14,232 posts, read 4,601,138 times
I am not "supposed" to take questions.

Is there any doubt that Biden is a puppet under his handlers?

Old 08-30-2021, 07:20 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,395,288 times
"I'm not supposed to take any questions" = "I'm not scheduled to take any questions"

This isn't rocket surgery.

Old 08-30-2021, 07:28 AM

21,952 posts, read 9,522,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I know right...how darte him stick to the issue at hand and fcous on FEMA and the hurricane. Is that what we want from leadership....no -- we want them to rant about ratings and coffeve.
Are you serious? You seriously don't find it disturbing that the President of the United States is being told he isn't supposed to take questions?

Old 08-30-2021, 07:35 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,214,723 times
The "I'm instructed" is more likely a way to indicate that he would if it was his choice, but can't.
Unfortunately, it's a backfiring excuse.

Old 08-30-2021, 07:43 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,214,723 times
To keep to a schedule, his time does have to be controlled.
If he were actually free to answer all questions, regardless of the reason for the press conference, with all that's going on he'd be there all day.
Not only that, can you imagine what a disaster for him it would be if he were allowed to speak off the cuff??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies