Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2021, 04:34 AM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
The only reason why this isn’t headlines on EVERY mainstream media outlet, on big tech or why Polident Pelosi or Cuuck (The second “u” is silent.) Schumer, AOC and her merry band of idiots are very…. VERY silent on this is that you have a Democrat Mayor of New Orleans, a Democrat Governor of Louisiana, a Democrat Vice President AND a Democrat President of the United States… Now, they find themselves in a tough spot since they can’t blame anybody, but themselves this time around.

All I can say is that the people in Louisiana are screwed since nothing will get fixed in a timely manner since Democrats are all talk and ZERO action. I’d say I feel sorry for them, but they voted these clowns into office, so hopefully they will remember this when it’s time to vote again… But, they won’t, so it is what it is. Honestly, if you live in a natural disaster prone area and YOU do not have 2-3 weeks of emergency food and water, you kind of screwed yourself if you expect the government to feed you in 3-4 or 5 days.

Seriously, if the President was Trump or ANY Republican, the media and big tech would be cry racism and all Republicans hate Black people…. The same “sheet”:they always say, but again, what has the Democrats done for Black people in the last 8 months? Oh, they gave you a check… Which people should have bought some emergency food with…. But that “check” doesn’t cover the cost of our hyper inflation and raising gas prices…. What till winter when oil prices will sky rocket, so in the Big Picture, that “check” was just a little Vaseline for what’s to come.

Biden abandoned 100s of Americans in Afghanistan and told them, via the State Department, don’t expect any help from the United States in getting out. So with that said, do you seriously think Biden and his crew care about the people, especially Black people, in Louisiana? He’s scheduled to show up in New Orleans today, but it probably won’t happen since this is interfering with his vacation and nap time. And if he shows up, he’ll mumble something that nobody will understand, promise you the world and deliver nothing. All I can say is don’t let him near your little girls, since he will use this event as a “cover story” to “show” that he cares as he molest kids on camera.
"The only reason why this isn’t headlines on EVERY mainstream media outlet, on big tech or why Polident Pelosi or Cuuck (The second “u” is silent.) Schumer, AOC and her merry band of idiots are very…. VERY silent on this is that you have a Democrat Mayor of New Orleans, a Democrat Governor of Louisiana, a Democrat Vice President AND a Democrat President of the United States…"

Nothing has changed but when W, Bush was president......!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2021, 05:53 AM

364 posts, read 121,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Yes TRUMP made his fortune with "a small loan of $1 Million dollars" from his father.
Meanwhile President Obama made his fortune by writing books with no financial help from the Grandparents who raised him.
One has released his Tax Returns & his Birth Certificate and the other hasn't released his Tax Returns because he's been in a "Audit" practically since his first born child.

Tell me again who was "self made"?

Okay, Donald Trump.

Old 09-05-2021, 05:55 AM

364 posts, read 121,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
""It's been days" New Orleans residents go days without food after hurricane because of Democrats!"

And what else would you have them doing for those who either didn't evacuate or do any planning for what was coming with plenty of warning? How about that Republican response when the state of Texas was freezing to death while their elected leadership took his family on vacation to Mexico. Ask Puerto Rico what kind of Federal Assistance they received when they were devastated by a hurricane and yes their American.

Do you mean all of the supplies we sent to PR that sat in warehouses unused?

Old 09-05-2021, 05:55 AM

947 posts, read 297,279 times
It was dumb to build a city below sea level. Speaking of which, I sure hope the bodies buried above ground are secure. Ick.

Old 09-05-2021, 05:59 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
So somehow Biden is responsible for hurricanes and personally delivering food to stricken areas as if nothing happened? He is a little busy this past week or so. Trump and Pence handed out Play-Doh and later paper towels but that is okay, I guess. Everyone needs Play-Doh during a crisis.
George W. Bush was made responsible in 2005 for the Hurricane Katrina failures.

You can't have it both ways...

Your guy BIDEN is in charge now. The democrats run both the state and the city of New Orleans also.

The democrats own this one.

Old 09-05-2021, 06:00 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
In other words, Republicans have long forgiven Bush with what happened in New Orleans over Katrina.
No, in other words it’s the same story no matter who is in charge. Residents who fail to prepare, who are conditioned to blame the government every time.

Old 09-05-2021, 09:36 AM

24,492 posts, read 17,232,699 times
I like to think that Biden is doing the best he can in the wake of the hurricane but he seems to be falling short. Of course there are those that would point to Trump and accuse him of doing the same but far far worse because they cannot help themselves in hating all things Trump. What gets me is how the media attacked Trump for passing out paper towels and playdoh for the kids to keep them occupied but here we have people that are starving under Biden's watch and the media is silent.

Old 09-05-2021, 11:44 AM

41,958 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Seems to me all the hurricane focus is on the NE and the flooding.
Well, that's why it's called news - what happens today overtakes what happened last week. Nevermind that I'm still seeing plenty of coverage about the recovery in Louisiana etc in addition to news about flooding in the northeast.

Which, by the way, is rather unusual and this time was beyond imagination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
given the money, resources, technology, etc., in this country, it amazes me in this day and age that we are continually taken by "surprise" with these storms. There always appears to be last minute scrambles and devastating circumstances. Things like tornadoes I understand since those are quick and often less predictable, but when you have DAYS to plan for hurricanes and their potential impacts, I just get frustrated at the bureaucracy and frankly the BS that goes on which ends up creating misery and loss of life for so many people.
I can just speak to what has happened in my own town. We got 9-10 inches of rain in 8 hours, with more rain upriver. The Schuylkill River flooded a few blocks into the center of town in minutes. The river crested at its highest level since Hurricane Agnes in 1972. Yes, we knew even as the hurricane was still in Louisiana that it was likely going to rain and rain hard, but I guess no one envisioned the river would run 13 feet above flood stage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith32 View Post
Jesus holy Christ this thread is toxic. Can we not go five seconds without politicizing a national disaster and start pointing fingers and blaming people who had nothing to do with it and name calling everyone and their grandmother? .
Thank you for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tewest86 View Post
I’ll be honest. I’m a little bother that people are relying on FEMA to bail them out because they didn’t have any home insurance all while I pay for Wind/hail and flood insurance.
What makes you think they didn't?

Old 09-05-2021, 05:46 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times
I don't know why anyone falls for OP's partisan traps. He might as well be a GOP operative. In his book, R's do nothing wrong, while D's do nothing right. Nonsense

Old 09-05-2021, 06:34 PM

12,978 posts, read 9,501,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
I know right? Afghanistan was like so totally last weeks news.
Yep, it was 4 or 5 days ago, so a moot point. C'mon man!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies