Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2021, 05:45 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,608,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanGuitarist View Post
I agree with you. One thing though. The retaliation on our part would be finished before it started. With the government hacking into emails, phone logs...they'd know exactly what we'd be doing.

But enough is enough. The gov has become so bloated with control, it's past time that we do some kicking back.
You are forgetting, we have the NUMBERS!

We also have the 2nd Amendment...which is specifically in place so we can protect ourselves from the Govt...but we refuse to exercise those rights, (because of what it would look like...domestic terrorism)

Govt is VERY clever in the brainwashing they have done...'support the police', etc...local and state police would be the first line of defense for the Govt. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2021, 05:50 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
I agree the San Francisco liberal elites should give them rooms and gourmet food.

Nancy Pelosi should invite them over to her massive Chateau for unlimited ice cream!

And just WHAT are Conservative elites giving them other than whining about Liberals?

Old 09-03-2021, 05:51 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,986,609 times
Quote:
Biden is a manipulative arrogant psyhopath who goes in front of the cameras in the comfort of his mansion for a short time and gives a speech while the people of New Orleans are going days and days without food.

What a worthless garbage party that could care less about the American people.

The mayor is a Democrat, the governor is a Democrat and Biden is also a Democrat.

The Democratic mayor, Democratic governor and Democratic President could care less about the Hurricane victims.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQqU07UZ6EE
Somehow they'll find a way to blame Bush for it...

Old 09-03-2021, 05:52 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,246,227 times
FEMA is doing a great job in Louisiana this time. I don't know how they (FEMA) keeps up these days. We got major natural disasters going all around the nation.

Old 09-03-2021, 05:57 AM

1,665 posts, read 975,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
You are forgetting, we have the NUMBERS!

We also have the 2nd Amendment...which is specifically in place so we can protect ourselves from the Govt...but we refuse to exercise those rights, (because of what it would look like...domestic terrorism)

Govt is VERY clever in the brainwashing they have done...'support the police', etc...local and state police would be the first line of defense for the Govt. LOL
Ahh i get what you're saying! Thank you for reminding me with that last paragraph. With so much on my mind as of late, with the hurricane too, my mind has been thinking about a vacation. And then I get a momentary lapse of reason. Lol

Old 09-03-2021, 05:58 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,177,347 times
This is what often happens after a hurricane. After Irma (and Maria), people went through this. There were lines for food on the island I lived but no one blamed Trump. People were grateful there was a response. Mainland response was faster to our islands than our British counterparts and for that we were grateful.

Over 5000 National Guard have been activated in response here. There will not be a huge presence in every location. Not sure why people here are angry at Biden here.

(But the issue with Trump and Puerto Rico was different)

Old 09-03-2021, 06:01 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,177,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
No stupider than blaming Bush for the same thing happening with Katrina or Trump for Puerto Rico. That didn't stop anyone, though.
Katrina was the worst…the absolute worse.

Trump played the arse in Puerto Rico because it was run by Democrats at the time. The Virgin Islands was run by an Independent (former Republican) and we were treated much better after both storms. That’s all it boils down to…

Old 09-03-2021, 06:03 AM

18,549 posts, read 15,590,462 times
Quote:
Biden is a manipulative arrogant psyhopath who goes in front of the cameras in the comfort of his mansion for a short time and gives a speech while the people of New Orleans are going days and days without food.

What a worthless garbage party that could care less about the American people.

The mayor is a Democrat, the governor is a Democrat and Biden is also a Democrat.

The Democratic mayor, Democratic governor and Democratic President could care less about the Hurricane victims.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQqU07UZ6EE
Republicans would not do much better. This should be obvious to anyone who remembers the aftermath of Katrina in 2005...

Old 09-03-2021, 06:10 AM

13,284 posts, read 8,458,170 times
Louisiana has a governor, and their parish (counties) have mayor's.
FEMA is a federal resource for emergency disasters.
Follow the logic .

The national guard is often alerted to assist. As is the red cross .

Instead of dismissing these agency's or leaders how about stepping back and seeing the full picture.

What a mockery it is to dismiss all the good the volunteers are doing to aide. In stead it's the lets-hate-on (insert political entity) -for this weather disaster.

This ' instant's, I want it fix NOW mentality is unrealistic.

Old 09-03-2021, 06:25 AM

23,988 posts, read 15,091,790 times
Emergency preparation is run by counties and cities in my state. Due to Covid they would be hard pressed setting up a shelter.

Anybody living in a storm area knows to have 5 days of food and water for every person in the household. The emergency preparation for could have delivered to people who could not afford to leave before the storm hit.

After a storm hit Houston and took out the power Exxon Mobile passed out thousands of generators to employees. As the person with a generator got their power back, the generator was passed on to somebody else. But gasoline was available to run them.

Why the entire power grid for NOLA went down is a mystery to me. Nobody can communicate outside of their immediate area.

I guess they federal taxpayers will have to provide the funding for power for NOLA.

They need a good governor like the one who protected the Texas power grid from shutting down during a freeze.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies