Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2021, 05:01 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,330,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
In other words, Republicans have long forgiven Bush with what happened in New Orleans over Katrina.
Obviously you are very confused at what happened over Katrina!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2021, 05:04 AM

11,792 posts, read 5,801,446 times
[quote=Bobdreamz;61830253]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Biden is a manipulative arrogant psyhopath who goes in front of the cameras in the comfort of his mansion for a short time and gives a speech while the people of New Orleans are going days and days without food.

What a worthless garbage party that could care less about the American people.

"The mayor is a Democrat, the governor is a Democrat and Biden is also a Democrat."

"The Democratic mayor, Democratic governor and Democratic President could care less about the Hurricane victims."

So the Americans in the path of this CATEGORY 4 Hurricane who were warned for weeks in advance to stock up on Food or Evacuate to shelters but didn't is now the fault of the Government?
Ever been through a Hurricane?
I have been through plenty and FEMA plus many charities have always provided for Food, Water & Ice for those in need.
In addition the FEDS boost most Poor people's Food Stamp allotments to cover the Food they may have lost during the storm.

But lets not talk about "Personal Responsibility" as many of you Right Wingers like to talk about here.

For once I partially agree with you about personal responsibility - but the Democrats crucified Bush over Katrina so do you expect any less now?? You shouldn't the guy at the top always gets the blame.

As far as a previous poster commenting on Play-doh and paper towels - at least that gov't made a valid effort to show their faces - I haven't seen Biden or Kamala taking a trip down there - Even Obama showed up at the Jersey Shore.

Old 09-03-2021, 05:06 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,330,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
So somehow Biden is responsible for hurricanes and personally delivering food to stricken areas as if nothing happened? He is a little busy this past week or so. Trump and Pence handed out Play-Doh and later paper towels but that is okay, I guess. Everyone needs Play-Doh during a crisis.
"So somehow Biden is responsible for hurricanes and personally delivering food to stricken areas as if nothing happened?"

Didn't you read the posts before yours from our left friends and what they FALSELY accused W, Bush of over Katrina?

"What is good for the goose,is good for the gander"!

If t is OK to criticize a repub, why is it NOT OK to criticize a dem?

"If you can't take it, DON'T dish it out!"

Old 09-03-2021, 05:15 AM

1,665 posts, read 975,576 times
Like the democrats are to blame for a storm that leveled the power grid. Must have been a democratic storm.

Just listen to how stupid you guys sound as if it's the elected officials fault there's no power.

Old 09-03-2021, 05:29 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Its not any one political party to blame, its govt in general, they do not give a damn about any of the peons, we are totally expendable to them.

We citizens have the NUMBERS, I dont know why we continue to be so scared of retaliation.

Old 09-03-2021, 05:34 AM

45,411 posts, read 60,608,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanGuitarist View Post
Like the democrats are to blame for a storm that leveled the power grid. Must have been a democratic storm.

Just listen to how stupid you guys sound as if it's the elected officials fault there's no power.
No stupider than blaming Bush for the same thing happening with Katrina or Trump for Puerto Rico. That didn't stop anyone, though.

Old 09-03-2021, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Its not any one political party to blame, its govt in general, they do not give a damn about any of the peons, we are totally expendable to them.

We citizens have the NUMBERS, I dont know why we continue to be so scared of retaliation.

I agree with you. One thing though. The retaliation on our part would be finished before it started. With the government hacking into emails, phone logs...they'd know exactly what we'd be doing.

But enough is enough. The gov has become so bloated with control, it's past time that we do some kicking back.

Old 09-03-2021, 05:39 AM

4,908 posts, read 2,058,623 times
The only reason why this isn’t headlines on EVERY mainstream media outlet, on big tech or why Polident Pelosi or Cuuck (The second “u” is silent.) Schumer, AOC and her merry band of idiots are very…. VERY silent on this is that you have a Democrat Mayor of New Orleans, a Democrat Governor of Louisiana, a Democrat Vice President AND a Democrat President of the United States… Now, they find themselves in a tough spot since they can’t blame anybody, but themselves this time around.

All I can say is that the people in Louisiana are screwed since nothing will get fixed in a timely manner since Democrats are all talk and ZERO action. I’d say I feel sorry for them, but they voted these clowns into office, so hopefully they will remember this when it’s time to vote again… But, they won’t, so it is what it is. Honestly, if you live in a natural disaster prone area and YOU do not have 2-3 weeks of emergency food and water, you kind of screwed yourself if you expect the government to feed you in 3-4 or 5 days.

Seriously, if the President was Trump or ANY Republican, the media and big tech would be cry racism and all Republicans hate Black people…. The same “sheet”:they always say, but again, what has the Democrats done for Black people in the last 8 months? Oh, they gave you a check… Which people should have bought some emergency food with…. But that “check” doesn’t cover the cost of our hyper inflation and raising gas prices…. What till winter when oil prices will sky rocket, so in the Big Picture, that “check” was just a little Vaseline for what’s to come.

Biden abandoned 100s of Americans in Afghanistan and told them, via the State Department, don’t expect any help from the United States in getting out. So with that said, do you seriously think Biden and his crew care about the people, especially Black people, in Louisiana? He’s scheduled to show up in New Orleans today, but it probably won’t happen since this is interfering with his vacation and nap time. And if he shows up, he’ll mumble something that nobody will understand, promise you the world and deliver nothing. All I can say is don’t let him near your little girls, since he will use this event as a “cover story” to “show” that he cares as he molest kids on camera.

Old 09-03-2021, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
No stupider than blaming Bush for the same thing happening with Katrina or Trump for Puerto Rico. That didn't stop anyone, though.
I'm right there with you. Even though I didn't say anything about the dems blaming the repubs. I should have clarified to both parties. I've been saying that for a while, each party blames another without moving forward. They're too busy shooting each other in the foot.

I'm neither one. I'm in the middle. I agree
and disagree with some issues on both sides.

Old 09-03-2021, 05:43 AM

19,808 posts, read 9,367,244 times
I am certainly no Biden supporter (to say the least), but doesn't anyone remember Bush's response to the victims of Hurricane Katrina?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies