Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2021, 07:15 AM

43,124 posts, read 18,281,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
"It's been days" New Orleans residents go days without food after hurricane because of Democrats!

So....Hurricane Katrina...with [republican] president George Bush, just doesnt exist?...I might be crazy but something tells me that hurricane did a little more than keep away food for a few days. Try many Nola residents never coming back afterwards...try cops participating in the looting...

Katrina wasnt all on Bush and Ida is not all on Biden. Unless theyre making the hurricanes themselves and I just haven't been told...
Well that's why we have FEMA which is under control of the USG which is being run by Biden.

Seems to me all the hurricane focus is on the NE and the flooding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2021, 07:15 AM

3,349 posts, read 1,238,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Its not any one political party to blame, its govt in general, they do not give a damn about any of the peons, we are totally expendable to them.

We citizens have the NUMBERS, I dont know why we continue to be so scared of retaliation.
Ding ding ding

Old 09-03-2021, 07:25 AM

23,626 posts, read 12,553,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Biden needs to toss some paper towels from Air Force One.
Has Biden* even bothered to go there yet?

Old 09-03-2021, 07:26 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,656,110 times
days? That is to be expected unfortunately.

We really need to change our views on climate because we are seeing some serious flooding from these recent storms.

and people who live in tornado alley or hurricane prone areas need to prep for these storms and the days after because the chances of someone swimming up to give you food and water are slim to none.

Old 09-03-2021, 07:29 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,635 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
When presidents go to disaster areas it creates an undue burden and detracts from the disaster response. This is what a natural disaster in an area with poverty looks like. And it will get better.

Old 09-03-2021, 07:29 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,656,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
He is scheduled to go there today.

He will probably go to the Northeast as well.

I would prefer actual help from those who deal with this stuff then the POTUS photo opt and 5 minute podium speech. I know this is part of the gig bit its a bit silly to demand a President see the damage or imply he doesn’t care.

I fell for this with Katrina. “Why is W just flying over!!! Where is he???”

but the real question should be “Where is FEMA?”

Old 09-03-2021, 07:31 AM

1,665 posts, read 975,576 times
Quote:
days? That is to be expected unfortunately.

We really need to change our views on climate because we are seeing some serious flooding from these recent storms.
I disagree. If agencies would worry about drainage issues,then the flooding wouldn't be as bad. But I'm just saying that about the area I live in. I'm unaware of the drainage situations up north or out of my area.

I'll get feedback from this, I'm sure.

Old 09-03-2021, 07:52 AM

23,626 posts, read 12,553,459 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
When presidents go to disaster areas it creates an undue burden and detracts from the disaster response. This is what a natural disaster in an area with poverty looks like. And it will get better.
Quote:
He is scheduled to go there today.

He will probably go to the Northeast as well.

I would prefer actual help from those who deal with this stuff then the POTUS photo opt and 5 minute podium speech. I know this is part of the gig bit its a bit silly to demand a President see the damage or imply he doesn’t care.

I fell for this with Katrina. “Why is W just flying over!!! Where is he???”

but the real question should be “Where is FEMA?”
I agree that presidents should stay away while the disaster responders and FEMA are hard at work. But, the left had reamed Trump over not going to Puerto Rico or getting supplies there faster than he had, all while ignoring that the lines of communication were down and the airports and shipping docks were too heavily damaged to use. As far as I can tell NOLA does not have any of those roadblocks in play, yet people are starving and Biden* is no where to be seen.

Old 09-03-2021, 07:57 AM

9,511 posts, read 4,346,563 times
It's OK, he's a Dem. Bush's response to Katrina is still held up to this day as an epic Bush failure, even though it's pretty obvious to anyone who has bothered to get the facts that local authorities caused the problem. But Dems hold themselves to completely different, constantly shifting standard. Because, well.........they're literally crazy. Karens to the core.

Old 09-03-2021, 08:01 AM

3,989 posts, read 6,578,618 times
Not getting into a political commentary about Biden this or Trump that because they both messed up responses to a myriad of things and frankly I think most of the blame usually lies at the local level, but I will say this...

given the money, resources, technology, etc., in this country, it amazes me in this day and age that we are continually taken by "surprise" with these storms. There always appears to be last minute scrambles and devastating circumstances. Things like tornadoes I understand since those are quick and often less predictable, but when you have DAYS to plan for hurricanes and their potential impacts, I just get frustrated at the bureaucracy and frankly the BS that goes on which ends up creating misery and loss of life for so many people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies