Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2021, 08:27 AM

130,388 posts, read 12,118,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
The ones in the hospital got the vaccine.
Well from what I read only about 2% of the covid patients in hospital are vaccinated, the others (the vast majority) are unvaxxed. Some apparently say they wish they had taken the vax.

As far as the parasite remedy for horses, if you want to take it, I really don't care. But I am not going to.

Old 09-05-2021, 08:34 AM

9,500 posts, read 2,921,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
Well from what I read only about 2% of the covid patients in hospital are vaccinated, the others (the vast majority) are unvaxxed. Some apparently say they wish they had taken the vax.

As far as the parasite remedy for horses, if you want to take it, I really don't care. But I am not going to.
It’s also used for humans as well as antibiotics. A doctor in our community treated his patients a alternative treatment and not one ever had to go to the hospital, and got over it quick.

Old 09-05-2021, 08:39 AM

19,649 posts, read 12,235,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Ivermectin is approved for human use under medical supervision for certain infestations of lice, mites, round worms and other parasites. It is NOT an antiviral. Humans using vet doasges for large animals is ignorant and dangerous for any reason. If I want to be mislead I'll follow you.
Then if you got Covid, vaccinated or not, and your doctor offered you ivermectin early on you would refuse it.

edit- are you a doctor?

Old 09-05-2021, 08:42 AM

8,181 posts, read 2,794,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Probably because we never had runs on hospitals causing them to be overcapacity due to one illness.

That's a problem for the public.
The Feds had 18 months to do something about hospital capacity. They chose to do absolutely nothing. That one's on the Feds, and NO ONE ELSE.

Old 09-05-2021, 08:59 AM

25,747 posts, read 12,832,402 times
Libs suffer from low self-reliance, so they compensate by banding together in groups to avoid having to stand alone...a big fear of theirs.

Anything contrary to group-think is seen as the enemy. Its like a Red Ant colony...step on it and swarms of Red Ants climb up foot to bite you.

So, any Covid treatment that is not the one trumpeted by the Queen Ant, is seen as the enemy, and will be attacked by the collective ant colony.

Its not about reasoning, or even science, its about the group (Libs) sticking together to protect its fragile members, so they don't have to stand alone...its the Libs natural reaction to their own raw emotion of fear.

The media & DNC signals to the Lib colony what they should fear, and who/what they should attack, & then they comply.

Pubs in this thread are trying to use logic, & reasoning, while the Libs only respond to emotional fear through group think, & collectivism.

Old 09-05-2021, 09:02 AM

18,395 posts, read 19,027,378 times
Like pills sold to dissolve belly fat, if Ivermectin worked it would of been sold out within hours and the deaths from Covid minimal.

Old 09-05-2021, 09:05 AM

1,866 posts, read 934,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
Why are you so desperate to push an unproven medication?
Unproven?
Ivermectin has been used for literally decades, and is extremely safe when a patient uses the correct dosage.

Ivermectin, along with other anti-parasite drugs, such as Fenbendazole, have additional off label uses, such as being used as an anti-cancer drug and also anti-viral drug.
Please do some research on Ivermectin before bashing it.

Old 09-05-2021, 09:09 AM

19,649 posts, read 12,235,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Like pills sold to dissolve belly fat, if Ivermectin worked it would of been sold out within hours and the deaths from Covid minimal.

If it were that simple. lol.

Old 09-05-2021, 09:18 AM

1,866 posts, read 934,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Ivermectin is approved for human use under medical supervision for certain infestations of lice, mites, round worms and other parasites. It is NOT an antiviral.

Ivermectin may not have been developed as an anti-viral drug, but it does have some anti-viral properties, as research has shown:

Ivermectin inhibits Covid-19 in vitro, a simple scientific fact.
Of course in vitro is very different from an actual human body, which is more complicated.

But research and data is showing that Ivermectin is having some positive effects in combating Covid-19 infections and deaths. It's not a magic bullet, but if I had Covid 19, I'd rather take Ivermectin than be placed on oxygen and left to die in a hospital room.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...66354220302011

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7539925/

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41429-020-0336-z

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E-AS9DxW...jpg&name=large

Old 09-05-2021, 09:21 AM

13,011 posts, read 13,052,712 times
I am against alternative treatments for COVID-19 because they have not been found to be efficacious, and distract people from using the best preventative measure available, which is prophylactic vaccination.

Why should we encourage a variety of treatments that may or may not help, when we know we have a treatment that is very, very effective?

In short, the promotion of alternative treatments lead to higher death rates, so I am against them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies