Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2021, 12:12 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,650,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
It’s also used for humans as well as antibiotics. A doctor in our community treated his patients a alternative treatment and not one ever had to go to the hospital, and got over it quick.
But that is the way it goes for most people with no need to use Ivermectin, Hydroxy or any alt treatment. Covid is a mild and brief illness for most healthy people and explains why it still isn't taken seriously.

Old 09-05-2021, 12:12 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,502,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemstone1 View Post
I can envision you in an earlier time, like when the auto came into being....saying "no one knows the long term effect of that contraption, we are safer with horses" Or when the cell phone became ubiquitous...."but what about radiation, no one knows about long term effects ?"

If you are a child of the 40's-60's....thank your parents for seeing to it you got your polio vaccine...which took one year to announce it was safe for use.

Regards
Gemstone1
VAERS numbers (as reported by OAN in July 2021) Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System

8/1/2007 to 11/30/2020 – 3,001 DEATHS reported
13 years, 4 months (160 months)

12/1/2020 to 7/13/2021 – 9,000 DEATHS reported
(7.5 months)

If I did the math right – this represents a 6,200% increase in VAERS reported deaths

I know, I know, I know... the VAERS reports are further researched and investigated, self-reported, maybe underreported, maybe overreported; but a SIX THOUSAND PERCENT increase in 7.5 months – rather got my attention.

Old 09-05-2021, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Libs suffer from low self-reliance, so they compensate by banding together in groups to avoid having to stand alone...a big fear of theirs.

Anything contrary to group-think is seen as the enemy. Its like a Red Ant colony...step on it and swarms of Red Ants climb up foot to bite you.

So, any Covid treatment that is not the one trumpeted by the Queen Ant, is seen as the enemy, and will be attacked by the collective ant colony.

Its not about reasoning, or even science, its about the group (Libs) sticking together to protect its fragile members, so they don't have to stand alone...its the Libs natural reaction to their own raw emotion of fear.

The media & DNC signals to the Lib colony what they should fear, and who/what they should attack, & then they comply.

Pubs in this thread are trying to use logic, & reasoning, while the Libs only respond to emotional fear through group think, & collectivism.
LOL, I'm a liberal, and you have no idea what you're talking about. Seriously, beach43ofus, just what rogue websites do you visit that indoctrinate you on how liberals are supposed to think like? I want to see them for myself.

Old 09-05-2021, 12:18 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,502,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
But that is the way it goes for most people with no need to use Ivermectin, Hydroxy or any alt treatment. Covid is a mild and brief illness for most healthy people and explains why it still isn't taken seriously.
I take it (HCQ) seriously as I'm in a risk group due to age. So is my dad who is 92. My step-mom is 'forced' to take the vax by her employer via the Governor of Oregon, because she works at a hospital in administration - so she may 'leak' virus - but at least dad is protected by HCQ, and they both have treatment on hand if needed. It's very assuring!!

Old 09-05-2021, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelva View Post
I take it (HCQ) seriously as I'm in a risk group due to age. So is my dad who is 92. My step-mom is 'forced' to take the vax by her employer via the Governor of Oregon, because she works at a hospital in administration - so she may 'leak' virus - but at least dad is protected by HCQ, and they both have treatment on hand if needed. It's very assuring!!
Good. It's a good thing HCQ doesn't come out in a version meant to treat livestock. One doesn't need to be liberal or conservative to be concerned about people using the version of Ivermectin meant for animals.

Old 09-05-2021, 12:25 PM

2,400 posts, read 783,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
For example; Even the “The National Institute of Health” on their own website states a 5-day course of Ivermectin was found to be safe and effective in treating adult patients with COVID-19. There were no severe adverse drug events recorded in the study.

So why is it that you libs are so Adamant that everyone needs to get the jab....I don’t get it?
Anti Trump, pro sledge-hammer government.

Old 09-05-2021, 12:37 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,601,623 times
ivermectin may have beneficial effects if covid is caught EARLY....ivermectin given while in hospital is to late and by then monoclonal antibodies a very expensive drug is required...no drug is perfect they all have side effects one has to do a benefit to risk ratio...

Why is the right dead set on the administration of monoclonal antibodies a very expensive restrictred supply drug? do they own stock?

Old 09-05-2021, 12:41 PM

3,730 posts, read 1,767,504 times
Quote:

wear a 99 cent mask, be my guest.
I have news for you...No mask work. By work I mean prevent you 100% from keeping a virus from passing though.

Cloth masks don't work, period.
Surgical masks don't work, period.
N95 and similar produce a protection of about 1-2% over not wearing a mask. ie - don't work.

Old 09-05-2021, 12:59 PM

18,804 posts, read 8,477,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Wrong, and there’s absolutely no possible way that you’re going to convince me otherwise.

Fever and chills hit on a Saturday night. Symptoms got progressively worse and when I was feeling my lung capacity starting to go down on Monday morning, I took the first dose of HCQ/zinc. By lunchtime, the fever had broken. By the next morning, most of the other symptoms were beginning to fade. On Wednesday, I could feel some fluid build-up (side effect of the treatment) so I contacted my doctor and got a z-pack and he also gave me some steroids.

I’m a heavy smoker, and I cut back while sick but still smoked a lot, so the lung issues persisted but gradually improved for a couple of weeks. I’m fully back to normal now and have been for several days.

There’s no question whatsoever in my mind that the HCQ kicked this thing back substantially. I was getting worse, and the timeline on this is such that it should have continued to for a while. Within hours of the first dose, it was turning around. That’s not a coincidence, considering that doctors all over the world have been reporting exactly that kind of result for well over a year now.

You’re shilling for the pharma companies and their corrupt partners in government. Whether you know it or not, I don’t know. But you are.
Your doc gave you a zpak while you were taking HCQ? You should know that combo is specifically dangerous and your doc would be very exposed to medical practice if the cardiac disaster should occur. And a serious note of lack of medical standards of care if your state board found out.

Now you would ask me why I/We gave my wife HCQ + zpak in her early Covid 19 case in March of 2020?

First of all there was little else available at that time for treatment, and new news from other countries, China and France, that suggested that HCQ may have some positive effects. As opposed to today where no where in the world is any properly educated doc other than the third world using HCQ with Covid 19 cases on any routine basis. And certainly not combined with azithromycin.

I was able to do this safely in her case, because I am a doctor and her care giver.
And I have long term experience with prescribing HCQ, and she was on HCQ for other medical problems with no side effects 10 or 20 years ago.

And unlike your doc I understand the risks with adding zpak. I have the Kardia cell phone EKG app, and have the necessary knowledge and experience to appropriately monitor her EKG QT interval while she is taking that medication combo. I would never prescribe the combo outside of appropriate EKG monitoring.

In her case she did show beneficial effects with her combo, and her supplemental O2 needs were cut in half in a matter of hours. But her overall recovery took many months.

Old 09-05-2021, 01:02 PM

18,804 posts, read 8,477,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelva View Post
It is reassuring. But bad medicine.
Bad medicine is nothing new, but the big problem in this case is substituting a possibly effective treatment with the proven vaccines.
And that really scares us docs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies