Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2021, 08:23 AM

13,011 posts, read 13,044,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
What you don't seem to understand is that I'm not arguing against the vaccines.

I'm arguing FOR honesty and reporting of statistics and information about alternative treatments without bias, hyperbole or fear mongering.

But apparently that's too much to ask for.
That is great. I also advocate for those things.

I think you can see from my posts that I have provided factual numbers, in fact I have erred on the side of making the best possible case for treatments other than the vaccine.

Unfortunately, the real world case does not support anything other than a vaccine approach.

Going back to the OPs "sincere question", I support vaccination because it works, and nothing else does.

Old 09-06-2021, 08:23 AM

23,864 posts, read 24,105,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Your doc gave you a zpak while you were taking HCQ? You should know that combo is specifically dangerous and your doc would be very exposed to medical practice if the cardiac disaster should occur. And a serious note of lack of medical standards of care if your state board found out.

Now you would ask me why I/We gave my wife HCQ + zpak in her early Covid 19 case in March of 2020?

First of all there was little else available at that time for treatment, and new news from other countries, China and France, that suggested that HCQ may have some positive effects. As opposed to today where no where in the world is any properly educated doc other than the third world using HCQ with Covid 19 cases on any routine basis. And certainly not combined with azithromycin.

I was able to do this safely in her case, because I am a doctor and her care giver.
And I have long term experience with prescribing HCQ, and she was on HCQ for other medical problems with no side effects 10 or 20 years ago.

And unlike your doc I understand the risks with adding zpak. I have the Kardia cell phone EKG app, and have the necessary knowledge and experience to appropriately monitor her EKG QT interval while she is taking that medication combo. I would never prescribe the combo outside of appropriate EKG monitoring.

In her case she did show beneficial effects with her combo, and her supplemental O2 needs were cut in half in a matter of hours. But her overall recovery took many months.
It’s the standard protocol for the HCQ treatment - HCQ, zinc and a z-pack to control lung infection. Has been since all this started and the benefit of HCQ was realized. I don’t want to challenge your experience, but I have to on this. Go dig around your doctoring websites a bit.

Here’s one study I found with a very quick search. Not claiming anything about it, just that it exists and it shows that the z-pack is a standard part of the treatment.

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04370782

Oh, and it’s kind of a jerk move to insult my doctor like that. You dropped a rung or two on the respect ladder for that one.

Old 09-06-2021, 08:29 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
For example; Even the “The National Institute of Health” on their own website states a 5-day course of Ivermectin was found to be safe and effective in treating adult patients with COVID-19. There were no severe adverse drug events recorded in the study.

So why is it that you libs are so Adamant that everyone needs to get the jab....I don’t get it?

I only find a 9 month old NIH statement saying "There is insufficient evidence for the COVID-19 Treatment Guidelines Panel (the Panel) to recommend either for or against the use of ivermectin for the treatment of COVID-19."

https://www.covid19treatmentguidelin...py/ivermectin/

Whatta ya got saying the NIH labels Ivermectin "effective in treating adult patients with COVID-19"?

Old 09-06-2021, 08:32 AM

18,454 posts, read 7,086,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
That is great. I also advocate for those things.

I think you can see from my posts that I have provided factual numbers, in fact I have erred on the side of making the best possible case for treatments other than the vaccine.

Unfortunately, the real world case does not support anything other than a vaccine approach.

Going back to the OPs "sincere question", I support vaccination because it works, and nothing else does.

And with that attitude, you'll never know if anything else works.

You will never find what you purposely refuse to look for.

So.......what do you do if and when the virus mutates to the point where the vaccines don't work anymore?

Old 09-06-2021, 08:45 AM

18,801 posts, read 8,467,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
It’s the standard protocol for the HCQ treatment - HCQ, zinc and a z-pack to control lung infection. Has been since all this started and the benefit of HCQ was realized. I don’t want to challenge your experience, but I have to on this. Go dig around your doctoring websites a bit.

Here’s one study I found with a very quick search. Not claiming anything about it, just that it exists and it shows that the z-pack is a standard part of the treatment.

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04370782

Oh, and it’s kind of a jerk move to insult my doctor like that. You dropped a rung or two on the respect ladder for that one.
I already told you that I know that. I already said that is what we gave my wife, and why I would never do that with an unmonitored patient. The protocol is explicitly non-complaint with medical standards of care.

I am no jerk in telling you that your doc is not up to the medical standard. That is a direct and professional statement of medical fact and a warning. This is a potentially dangerous guinea pig affair. Compared to HCQ which was a safe guinea pig affair. Or ivermectin, another safe one.

Warnings and exclusions from the study in your link:

History of current cardiac diseases (heart failure, ventricular arrhythmias, Left bundle branch block and/or Right bundle branch block, QTc prolongation >480ms), or family history of sudden cardiac death

Ongoing use of drugs that prolong the QTc interval (antipsychotics, antidepressants, class I and III antiarrhythmics, triptans)

There is only one way to know your patients QT Interval and monitor it while under treatment. And that requires specific medical knowledge and EKG monitoring.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33688374/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7924072/

Now it was possible earlier on in the Pandemic that this protocol could have been found to be a terrific treatment. It could have been possible to even prove that it was safe enough. But all that would have had to happen under controlled and monitored medical studies. Not out in the unmonitored outpatient setting as in your case. And of course over time the protocol was found totally lacking and no longer used. except possibly in the third world with no access to vaccines.

Old 09-06-2021, 08:48 AM

19,621 posts, read 12,218,208 times
Quote:
Don't be absurd. Nobody wants to ban supplements. The problem is when people use supplements in lieu of actual treatment.

Do you want to use something with proven effectiveness, or do you want to go to your kitchen and randomly eat something and then claim you are immune?
But some people do choose that. In a free society it should be up to them.

The woke left wants to regulate the s**t out of everything and ban the rest.

Old 09-06-2021, 08:59 AM

18,801 posts, read 8,467,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
But some people do choose that. In a free society it should be up to them.

The woke left wants to regulate the s**t out of everything and ban the rest.
Because the left tends to follow the medial opinions and recommendations. As long as those people opting out are properly informed. Versus being duped into making the wrong decision by some other politically motivated or profit motivated concern.

Old 09-06-2021, 09:42 AM

6,374 posts, read 2,705,140 times
Quote:
Which is why I advocate for vaccination over unproven alternative treatments.

What is the point in taking an ineffective treatment if there is an effective one available? By definition, an "alternative treatment" is one that does not have sufficient study determine whether it is effective. Some portion, probably a large portion, of people who take alternative treatments are taking ineffective treatments.
"Effectiveness", especially long-term effectiveness is up for debate with the vaccines unless you believe in turning every person into a human pin-cushion who is going to, and be willing to, get at least a couple of boosters a year?

I thought the argument of the COVID vaccines was that they were "safe" and "effective"? Yet where is the "safe" in your decision-making? What's the point of taking a treatment that has not been proven to be safe over a longer period of time when there is a treatment that has been around for decades and is seen as safe and could very likely be effective when used for COVID. People "accepted" and lined up to get a vaccine that had a couple of months of studies. Yet, at every turn, possible alternatives are shot down the moment it is seen that they may actually have some benefit.

The "jab it or casket" crowd has backed themselves into another corner. If treatments like Ivemetrum didn't work then how did these people with COVID survive after taking it? If Ivemetrum was useless that has to mean that they got better on their own. This means that COVID may not be as bad as being pushed. But how can that be if you believe the vaccinate at any cost crowd that you can't survive COVID without the vaccine?

Old 09-06-2021, 09:52 AM

6,374 posts, read 2,705,140 times
Quote:
Because the left tends to follow the medial opinions and recommendations. As long as those people opting out are properly informed. Versus being duped into making the wrong decision by some other politically motivated or profit motivated concern.
When I look for medical advice I don't look to a politician, I talk to my doctor and quite frankly I don't know or care what his political stance is.

But does this work both ways, or does your stance only apply when someone chooses not to get the vaccine?

How do you feel about the people who got the vaccine because certain political figures told them to? Or how about the ones who decided to get it on the promise of being entered into some lottery? How about the ones who got it because it was either get the vaccine or get fired?

By the way, when discussing profit. The only motivation for profit seems to be coming from the pharmaceutical companies pushing the vaccines.

Old 09-06-2021, 10:00 AM

19,621 posts, read 12,218,208 times
Quote:
One of the top reasons people are skeptical of this vaccine is the politicization of science and medicine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies