Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2021, 08:41 AM

18,804 posts, read 8,477,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
Is aspirin ONLY good for treating headaches and reducing fever? Oh darn, should we ban all of-label uses of aspirin like heart disease?
That is not off label use. ASA has been fully investigated and studied, peer reviewed data and published studies done all over the world. Specifically addressing the positive clinical implications and risks of ASA and CV disease.

Ivermectin use in Covid 19 remains off label use at this time. Ivermectin has been investigated and studied, peer reviewed data and published studies done all over the world. Specifically addressing the clinical implications and risks of ivermectin and Covid 19 disease, and so far there are no general conclusions. Except that it is safe with proper dosing and medical supervision.

Old 09-07-2021, 08:56 AM

5,047 posts, read 6,350,838 times
Quote:
1. Ivermectin does prevent covid.
It might, it might not. Evidence is mounting it probably does, but as Hoonose says (restated): in appropriate doses and supervised by a physician, it’s safe. Acetaminophen is fatal if too much is taken. How much is too much ivermectin? Ask a doctor and get a scrip.

Old 09-07-2021, 10:15 AM

8,383 posts, read 4,371,285 times
If you poop and see worms in it ... ivermectin just might be what you need.

If you have difficulty breathing and a temperature ... its a different story.

Old 09-07-2021, 10:19 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,728,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
They worship their one true god: The government.
This is literally true. Leftists are followers of the Hegelian Dialectic which synthesizes God as 'becoming' through the State. These idiots literally think the government is Jesus

Old 09-07-2021, 11:25 AM

19,649 posts, read 12,239,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
It might, it might not. Evidence is mounting it probably does, but as Hoonose says (restated): in appropriate doses and supervised by a physician, it’s safe. Acetaminophen is fatal if too much is taken. How much is too much ivermectin? Ask a doctor and get a scrip.
Real doctors online have already answered this question. The info is and has been readily available. You don't need a doctor to supervise your acetaminophen use, I hope.

Old 09-07-2021, 12:47 PM

5,047 posts, read 6,350,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Real doctors online have already answered this question. The info is and has been readily available. You don't need a doctor to supervise your acetaminophen use, I hope.
Considering acetaminophen has been approved by the FDA-the agency which is supposed to approve or disapprove of drugs in the US per its establishing Congressional act-no, I don’t feel I need physician’s oversight.

I can’t find a similar authorization or approval for the use of ivermectin to treat COVID in the US. In fact, the FDA actively discourages it and will probably continue to do so until they have better data, so until then, the smart thing for an American is probably to listen to a US licensed doctor before taking it. If you dislike the FDA’s role or their unwillingness to open ivermectin up to public use, perhaps you should take it up with your Congressperson and ask them to change the FDA’s mission.

Old 09-07-2021, 08:21 PM

35,710 posts, read 21,076,200 times
Quote:
1. Ivermectin does prevent covid.

2. Because doctors are being told not to prescribe it and pharmacies not to fill prescriptions.

3. First off, what we have today is a perverted, politicized monster. Not science. It does not deserve to be followed". True science is a path with many forks in the road. The fact that there is none here should worry any thinking person right out of the gate.
Who said it prevents infection?? Where that one come from?

Old 09-08-2021, 12:10 AM

1,716 posts, read 2,502,323 times
It’s ironic – there’s concern that the unvaxed are crowding hospital ICU beds – yet there’s obstruction to the use of early, OUT-patient COVID therapeutics.

But I guess the incentives are likely: 1) To increase vaccine uptake through fear and social pressure; and 2) if there is a COVID treatment, it throws a VERY LARGE wrench into vaccines’ EUA status.

(I understand that EUA is not permitted if there is a treatment available - so that would be very inconvenient right now - maybe later? I hope!)

Old 09-08-2021, 05:47 AM

8,181 posts, read 2,794,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
I can’t find a similar authorization or approval for the use of ivermectin to treat COVID in the US. In fact, the FDA actively discourages it and will probably continue to do so until they have better data, so until then, the smart thing for an American is probably to listen to a US licensed doctor before taking it. If you dislike the FDA’s role or their unwillingness to open ivermectin up to public use, perhaps you should take it up with your Congressperson and ask them to change the FDA’s mission.
FDA approvals aren't worth the paper they're written on anymore. That agency has essentially become the marketing arm of Pfizer. They'll approve chicken soup as medicine if Pfizer starts selling it under a fancy name.

But agreed, see a doctor before beginning any treatment because the FDA can no longer be trusted to do their job.

Old 09-08-2021, 08:25 AM

18,804 posts, read 8,477,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelva View Post
It’s ironic – there’s concern that the unvaxed are crowding hospital ICU beds – yet there’s obstruction to the use of early, OUT-patient COVID therapeutics.

But I guess the incentives are likely: 1) To increase vaccine uptake through fear and social pressure; and 2) if there is a COVID treatment, it throws a VERY LARGE wrench into vaccines’ EUA status.

(I understand that EUA is not permitted if there is a treatment available - so that would be very inconvenient right now - maybe later? I hope!)
There is no obstruction with medically proven early Covid 19 treatments. And any private doc can use the unapproved off label if they have the knowledge and experience and select the proper patients.

Vaccines are the only way with large populations and over time. Using medications after the fact is not the way to go with so much active virus out in the world, and knowing this isn't going away anytime soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies