Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2021, 05:48 AM

29,492 posts, read 14,656,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
If you are vaxxed and I am not, please explain how that's a threat to you.
It isn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2021, 06:04 AM

364 posts, read 121,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
Yes, I follow the science. The vaccines are roughly 95% effective against the initial variants, somewhat less so against delta. The more unvaccinated people we have, the more incubators we have, the more variants we have. Yes, the blame is correct.

Very rarely. Only if they are breakthrough infections, which are pretty rare all things considered. The unvaccinated form the greatest pool for mutational incubation.

Sure, that would be true. But that isn't really that big a deal, because vaccinated people rarely get infected, and rarely experience hospitalization.

I was really thinking about people who have heart attacks, get into car accidents, that type of thing.

Much less so of course. Vaccinated people rarely get infected to the point where they have enough viral load to infect others. Yes, it could happen, but it is rational to play the odds and consider vaccinated people less risky to be around.

This reply brought to you by:

Old 09-12-2021, 06:09 AM

364 posts, read 121,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I am around young children like many of us are. They can't be vaccinated yet so we could easily spread it to them. So it's not personally a threat to me, it's a threat to them. We need to care of our kids.

Covid is statistically a non-issue for adolescents. Stop with the banality.

Old 09-12-2021, 06:12 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
If the vaxxed are being forced to change their behavior to protect the unvaxxed, then the vaxxed should have a right to do something about it.
The unvaxxed are not asking the vaxxed to do anything at all to protect them. Live your life and allow others to do the same. Risks and all.

Old 09-12-2021, 06:17 AM

8,384 posts, read 4,369,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Your "superiority" complex is showing again!

Do I want to be superior or stupid. Let me think.

Old 09-12-2021, 06:18 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Unvaxxed carry more viral load.

Do you folks really not know this or are you so blinded by your political bias you refuse to acknowledge it?
Um...

"Although the assay used in this investigation was not validated to provide quantitative results, there was no significant difference between the Ct values of samples collected from breakthrough cases and the other cases. This might mean that the viral load of vaccinated and unvaccinated persons infected with SARS-CoV-2 is also similar. However, microbiological studies are required to confirm these findings."

Outbreak of SARS-CoV-2 Infections, Including COVID-19 Vaccine Breakthrough Infections, Associated with Large Public Gatherings — Barnstable County, Massachusetts, July 2021

Just sayin'.

Old 09-12-2021, 06:21 AM

18,549 posts, read 15,590,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelinnen View Post
Someone drank the kool aid...that doesn’t sound like a vaccine to me
Then you would also not consider the aP vaccine to be a vaccine either?

Old 09-12-2021, 06:28 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,928,039 times
Vaccinated can still spread the disease. Fact.
Un vaccinated will either die or not spread the disease being naturally immune or using an alternative form of resistance like Ivermectin, which I know for a fact and personal experience it works, no matter how much people might bad mouth it.
The democrats don't care about your life, they care about their control and the money, nothing more. They lie just like the Muslims do.
Not being actual vaccines one has to wonder what is actually in those solutions? Why the full-court press?

Old 09-12-2021, 08:43 AM
mlb

4,971 posts, read 4,452,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
Medical doctors aren't even the ones ordering the vaccine. Most people are getting the shot at their local grocery store. I don't know of anyone who actually was vaccinated by their physician. Do you?
What do you think public health doctors are? When you understand how pandemics and epidemiology work - then you can comment.

Old 09-12-2021, 08:49 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
I'll choose one example.

If something happens to me -- car accident, fall, some health crisis....and I need to go to the hospital, my hospital may not have the resources to treat me because their over burdened with non-vaccinated people with COVID.

Overwhelmingly the hospitals are reporting that their critical beds are being dominated by unvaccinated COVID patients. True there are some vaccinated but they are in a true minority.

If someone gets vaccinated, the changes of them needing that critical care is reduced (and let's not forget that while you still may contract COVID when you are vaccinated the changes of contracting it are reduced....even if they are reduced marginally -- they are reduced).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies