Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2021, 08:07 PM

18,741 posts, read 7,620,616 times

Advertisements

Looks like nearly all posters want to divert the thread to other subjects rather than answer the question.

Back to the subject:

Abortion advocates: Why do you want pregnant women to kill their unborn babies instead of offering them up for adoption?

Old 09-12-2021, 08:10 PM

8,506 posts, read 4,750,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
Yeah but that doesn't mean the kid won't see it that way. This is assuming the kid will even get adopted. Even dogs, as much as people love dogs end up not getting adopted.
Yup, that’s where I’m at least partially coming from. Adopted kids, from what I’ve seen, tend to do well, it’s the ones which end up stuck in foster care I worry about. A lot of why I don’t tend to have more sympathy for anti-abortionists, even though I have some sympathies for where they come from, is that this kind of stuff is swept under the rug. It’s one thing to contemplate abortion as taking a life, but if you aren’t taking into account the downstream consequences of what happens to those lives, you aren’t making a cogent or complete argument that I could sign on to.

And unfortunately, at least as I see it, it’s because if we did so, it would remove the issue from current American conservative thought; it would probably require not only more safety nets for parents who raise the babies themselves, but also a far more robust foster and adoption system. Almost all of that would have to come from government largesse, since it has more or less displaced large-scale private charity.

Old 09-12-2021, 08:12 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,650,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post

Well, I guess the mothers of the unborn babies ARE working overtime to try to fool people into believing it's only about HER body, and the unborn baby somehow doesn't count... which is one of the cruelest, most heartless, cold-blooded sentences anyone has ever tried to pronounce on the most innocent possible living human being.
In other words, you quite strongly think the unborn baby's rights must always triumph over the expectant mother's life and that all abortion must be banned. Never mind the pregnant woman's doctor who warned her not to get pregnant again, because her previous pregnancy nearly killed her. So anybody who is against her getting abortion is not only anti-woman but anti-family as well. Why should the woman risk leaving her child motherless and the father without his wife and mother to his child?

Old 09-12-2021, 08:17 PM

62 posts, read 36,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
Forced birthers- why do you want to force a woman to give birth to a child with such extreme birth defects that they will live less than a week and then die a horrible painful death?

I was carrying a healthy baby that became a beautiful and lively little child with a built in smile, but my practitioners and some others wanted me to abort her. If they could have coerced me to kill a perfect baby, they probably would have. I was a flunkie that was not good enough to carry a baby to term!

I HATE being surrounded by secular beings who order me around and want to take over my mind.

Old 09-12-2021, 08:36 PM

13,425 posts, read 9,960,461 times
Quote:
Looks like nearly all posters want to divert the thread to other subjects rather than answer the question.

Back to the subject:

Abortion advocates: Why do you want pregnant women to kill their unborn babies instead of offering them up for adoption?
I don't WANT them to do anything.

I prefer they do what suits them.

But to answer your question, if someone wants to have an abortion rather than go through the trauma of carrying a child for months and then give it up - I'd rather they do that.

I wouldn't want to be forced to go through pregnancy and then give up a baby. It's horrible for most. If someone wants to go through that, that's their prerogative and my hat is off to them.

So here's what you're digging for - I would rather someone kill the fetus than go through the traumatic experience of carrying a baby for someone else, because even though they don't want the baby, they'll still bond with it most likely and labouring and then giving up a child may be something they never ever recover from.

I would rather women (because I'm one and I would want to make my own choice about it) get rid of the pregnancy if they want to, than have to go through that.

I don't think it's something you can understand, as you will never have the potential to make that choice.

I don't care if it's for convenience sake, or because they like having unprotected sex with a different dude every friggin night of the week, I don't care. I don't care if they're married, or whether they tangoed with the Devil on the head of a pin, or whether it's their first abortion or their 5th.

Is that what you're looking for? Because that's the unvarnished truth.

Old 09-12-2021, 09:08 PM

4,395 posts, read 1,703,422 times
Quote:
So don't.
I’m not.

Old 09-12-2021, 09:12 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,812,588 times
Quote:

Back to the subject:

I mean we answered your question. You just didn't like the answer.

Old 09-12-2021, 09:43 PM

8,506 posts, read 4,750,085 times
Oh, and one more thought. It was probably too obvious, so I didn’t think to mention it: who wants to have an abortion? I’d wager nobody. But life isn’t clean and neither are anyone’s decisions. It’s weird to me to hear someone ask why one wants anyone to have an abortion, as though it’s like saying “I hope you buy a house” or “hope you get a promotion”. That just doesn’t happen. Abortions aren’t happy decisions, they only possibly appear so in hindsight. I’m really not sure where this idea that pro-choice people advocate abortions comes from. You don’t have to advocate for anything to acknowledge that free people should have free access to things. Don’t tell me what to do, and I won’t tell you what to do. That’s why I don’t like nosey Rosies, HOAs, bored cops, statists, Karens, or...politicians. All they want to do is tell you what you can or can’t do.

Lay off. I don’t care if you’re conservative, lefty, something else, the President, or a shaman: I’ll welcome your advice and scorn your edicts. You’re responsible for your own life, body, and household, and unless you agree to be my keeper, you’re neither responsible for nor have any business dictating anything that’s in my fold.

Last edited by jcp123; 09-12-2021 at 09:56 PM..

Old 09-12-2021, 09:51 PM

32,072 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Just as those aren't valid reasons to kill a toddler, they're not valid reasons to kill an unborn child, which according to fetal homicide laws has a right to life.

This is exactly what the problem is. You think it's an unborn child. I think it's a fetus, the size of rice. You have no authority to impose your thoughts on those who don't agree with your moral thinking. And I don't mean you personally.

Old 09-12-2021, 09:51 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,446,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Have any pro-abortion legislators done so? If not, why not? It's supposed to be "her body, her choice," yet they let men force women to abort babies without considering what the woman's choice would be. How very male-centric of them. /puke
Ludicrous.

No one other than the woman knows if her partner/husband is coercing/forcing her to have an abortion unless she tells them.

If she tells them, there is already help available for her to solve this issue and continue her pregnancy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies