Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2021, 07:17 AM

736 posts, read 456,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Actually, I don’t even think you have a right to not stand, if that is the school’s policy. If you are attending that school and that school’s requires you to do certain things, then you are required to follow their rules.

If you don’t agree with the school’s policy, you have the right to leave and go find another school that fits your believes better.
Wrong. The Supreme Court has ruled in cases going back to the 1930's that students don't have to particiapte in or stand up for the National Anthem or the Pledge of Allegiance. See Minersville School District vs. Gobitis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2021, 07:18 AM

8,772 posts, read 5,065,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
What kid is going to refuse to leave school if they get the chance? LOL

In my 4 yrs of high school and 3 years of middle school, I remember many kids being suspended (myself included a few times)...NO ONE ever refused to leave school.

(I graduated high school in 1994 btw) not that long ago!
Good kids do not want to leave school, thats who. The ones that get suspended, are the future losers, of this country.

Old 09-21-2021, 07:23 AM

37,981 posts, read 22,167,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Just when you thought it was safe to play the National Anthem without incident, 'heroes' like these two kiddies continue to be disruptive and disrespect the symbols of our country.

I'm guessing some were initially trying to make it seem that the two girls were arrested only because they refused to stand for the National Anthem.

Not the case. They were arrested because it seems like they got "agitated" after being told to stand for the National Anthem, so much so that a teacher went to the principal and police were called.

What is so hard about standing up to pay respect towards the country that gives you so many freedoms. Ignorant narcissists with chips on their shoulder, no wonder our country is doomed.

https://kfor.com/news/local/confront...tional-anthem/
Like so many idiot libs, I'll bet these girls have been taught that the lyrics of the anthem are pro-war, that it's a celebration of the USA bombing an enemy thru the night. They probably think it was a battle to preserve slavery, or some other idiocy.

Old 09-21-2021, 07:25 AM

8,772 posts, read 5,065,317 times
Quote:
Actually, I don’t even think you have a right to not stand, if that is the school’s policy. If you are attending that school and that school’s requires you to do certain things, then you are required to follow their rules.

If you don’t agree with the school’s policy, you have the right to leave and go find another school that fits your believes better.
Or country. Maybe a couple of days in Afganstain will do the trick.

Old 09-21-2021, 07:34 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,395,954 times
By asking some of these people to do anything at all, you are risking being called a racist. Being physically assaulted is a real possibility.

Old 09-21-2021, 12:59 PM

37,219 posts, read 19,225,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
How are you going to fix the history of this nation? Because from what I am hearing, the biggest complaints from leftists is our history.
Not a complaint. We simply want to be honest about our history. Only those who are ashamed of their history want it to be kept a secret.

Old 09-21-2021, 01:04 PM

709 posts, read 657,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
You won't get rid of us with a knee jerk slogan. We are here to fix what is wrong with the country, not abandon it.

Or are you proposing we leave so the immigrants will have more room...?
If you and those like you left, the country would be improved immediately.

Old 09-21-2021, 01:16 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,214,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Lawton…no surprise.
Lawton is the gutter of Oklahoma.

Quote:
If you don’t like this country, you can always leave. Millions outside are ready to come in and take your place.
If I leave I'm taking a piece with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Whoever thought this rose to the level of needing to call police, should have been arrested or cited imo!
Police are often guards at the schools. They have handheld radios to communicate directly with the school staff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HendrixFan View Post
Yes, last time I checked this is America.
Why do preschoolers pledge their allegiance to flags?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver 47 View Post
Deport them to the country of their choice since they obviously don't like it here.
They're taking over son. They are the future.

Old 09-21-2021, 01:28 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Teachers have been put in a position where they're as impotent as the police. And when kids don't like what they're being told, they mouth off, and mothers defend that behavior.

They could have stood up, and mom could have taken up her issue with that privately, but that's not good enough in today's world. We have to make a damn scene about EVERYTHING.

Old 09-21-2021, 01:34 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,816,223 times
Quote:

If you aren't going to learn and respect our laws you should consider going back home to your country. The law (as confirmed by the Supreme Court) says that they have a right to not stand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies