Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2021, 11:43 AM

45,541 posts, read 27,157,256 times

Advertisements

At some point, the majority will have to admit that the vaccines aren't the answer.

Grand Rapids couple dies 1 minute apart from COVID-19

Sarah Dunham says her parents Cal and Linda Dunham did everything together. The churchgoing, community-minded outdoor enthusiasts loved their family – especially their grandchildren – and most of all, each other.

The pair were also cautious when it came to COVID-19. They were both fully vaccinated and had been for months when, during a family camping trip this month, they began to feel sick.

“[My dad] called me before our family camping trip and said he wasn’t feeling good but he thinks it’s just like sinus, and [Linda] caught it and she’s like, he gave me his cold,” said Sarah. “The third day they woke me up and said, ‘we’ve got to go because we don’t feel well.’ So I packed them all up and they left.”

Days later, the couple was hospitalized and on ventilators – both had preexisting conditions that made things even more dire. By this past Sunday, doctors were telling Sarah and the family there wasn’t much more they could do, and the couple would likely need to come off life-support Monday.

After being wheeled into the same room, moments later, Cal passed away at 11:07 a.m.

At 11:08 a.m., less than a minute later, Linda passed away as well as the couple held hands in hospital beds beside one another.

They did everything they were told.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2021, 11:45 AM

39,073 posts, read 51,205,311 times
Older people need boosters.

Old 09-28-2021, 11:46 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,985,166 times
must have been given the good ol remdesiver cocktail poison .

Old 09-28-2021, 12:12 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,353,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
At some point, the majority will have to admit that the vaccines aren't the answer.

Sarah Dunham says her parents Cal and Linda Dunham did everything together. The churchgoing, community-minded outdoor enthusiasts loved their family – especially their grandchildren – and most of all, each other.

The pair were also cautious when it came to COVID-19. They were both fully vaccinated and had been for months when, during a family camping trip this month, they began to feel sick.

“[My dad] called me before our family camping trip and said he wasn’t feeling good but he thinks it’s just like sinus, and [Linda] caught it and she’s like, he gave me his cold,” said Sarah. “The third day they woke me up and said, ‘we’ve got to go because we don’t feel well.’ So I packed them all up and they left.”

Days later, the couple was hospitalized and on ventilators – both had preexisting conditions that made things even more dire. By this past Sunday, doctors were telling Sarah and the family there wasn’t much more they could do, and the couple would likely need to come off life-support Monday.

After being wheeled into the same room, moments later, Cal passed away at 11:07 a.m.

At 11:08 a.m., less than a minute later, Linda passed away as well as the couple held hands in hospital beds beside one another.

Except for being overweight with pre-existing conditions and traveling around like rock stars in their old age. Yeah, everything but those things.

Old 09-28-2021, 12:14 PM

7,634 posts, read 8,701,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Except for being overweight with pre-existing conditions and traveling around like rock stars in their old age. Yeah, everything but those things.

Weren't and aren't people with high risk and underlying conditions among those given priority for the covid vaccines?

Old 09-28-2021, 12:17 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,659,091 times
The woman looked overweight but I don't think the man did. But he had some sort of condition. The vaccines are wearing off and people need boosters. More and better treatments are being worked on but in the meantime the vast majority of people are kept from death or serious illness by the vaccine.

Old 09-28-2021, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post
Weren't and aren't people with high risk and underlying conditions among those given priority for the covid vaccines?
Yes?

Not sure what that has to do with anything.

Old 09-28-2021, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
The woman looked overweight but I don't think the man did. But he had some sort of condition. The vaccines are wearing off and people need boosters. More and better treatments are being worked on but in the meantime the vast majority of people are kept from death or serious illness by the vaccine.
That guy was clinically overweight. They both were.

They both had pre-existing conditions.

He was 59. She was 66.

They were traveling around.

Im simply refuting OP’s insane remark “they did everything right”.

Let me put it to you this way - I’m under 50, my lab results are so clean you could eat off them, I exercise like a madman, I avoid all unnecessary travel, I eat health food so disgusting most Americans would vomit if they had to look at it.

I’m not vaxxed.

If I get Covid and die don’t start a post saying “I did everything right.” I’m clearly not doing everything right by refusing the vax.

People believe that a vax is an alternative to healthy living. I’m not saying these two folks did so but we know this to be true with people when it comes to all kinds of health issues. Give me the pill or shot over a healthy lifestyle. That’s the mentality.

Plus we know the vax wanes. Did they know? I’m not sure.

Old 09-28-2021, 12:38 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,653,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post

Sure, they got the vax.

But if they have pre-existing conditions and got the vax early, likely their antibodies were reduced. Their pre-existing conditions ramped up their risk, with or without a vaccine.

And they went on a camping trip. Honestly, my 80 y/o parents know their vaccine is now wearing off. They are staying put and not traveling.

Old 09-28-2021, 12:42 PM

2,035 posts, read 852,983 times
The latest from where around I live is a world class star athlete biker and we all know how healthy professional grade bike riders are, took the vaccine and within 40 hours was hospitalized. His doctor feels his organs are turning to mush and he will never be the same. In fact his doctors already told him his biking career is over. Complements of the vaccine. His family tried to speak out about it and of course they’re labeled as backwoods nut jobs. It’s a conspiracy folks, when are you going to stand up to this nonsense?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies