Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2021, 08:25 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Yeah, "some people cannot work" yet schools were required to reopen, NFL games are sold out with shoulder to shoulder, mask less fans, concert venues the same as football, FedGov workers are still working from home at the bar, State offices are still closed or open by appointment months in advance, tourist venues were jammed all summer and doctors won't see sick patients except by TeleMed.

Yet, "some people cannot work".
Think all over the world supply change.

Are you familiar with the degree of infections, and where they are.?And the way each jurisdiction deals with it.

Now add on weather related conditions that affect crops and the people who work there. The coffee supply shortage was in the news many months ago. I stocked up 6 months ago. Trouble in Brazil will be reflected in the worldwide coffee supply.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2021, 08:26 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,095,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearNotChooseLife View Post
Most food items are shipped by rail or truck and are produced domestically, which has almost nothing to do with Chinese manufacturing or ships coming from China.
My local liquor store can't get Jack Daniels (distilled in Lynchburg Tennessee). No one knows why. Woodford Reserve is still on the shelf. But seems to be running low.

Old 10-04-2021, 08:26 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Was just checking the prices of whole turkeys. Saw a lot of variance, but the "in stock" options were mostly through the roof. We were going to go with a grocery store bird because the price through the local farms was too high, but they're not very different. Going with the higher quality bird for not much more (or even less) money.

Old 10-04-2021, 08:27 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
But they happened while he was President.......
Stop trying to blame Trump !!!

The democrats OWN this. Democrat governors who locked down their states. Fauci (a democrat). And now more than anyone else..... Joseph R Biden. The buck stops right there with his sorry ass.

45,392 posts, read 60,575,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Think all over the world supply change.

Are you familiar with the degree of infections, and where they are.?And the way each jurisdiction deals with it.

Now add on weather related conditions that affect crops and the people who work there. The coffee supply shortage was in the news many months ago. I stocked up 6 months ago. Trouble in Brazil will be reflected in the worldwide coffee supply.
Do you really think the sweatshops in Viet Nam, China, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Taiwan, India, etc. are closed? Really?

Weather, I'll give you.

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
No, the labor shortage is. But you knew that but are trying to distract. The current shortages are being caused by people taking government aid instead of working. That is fact. I personally know people who hired housekeeping and when Biden passed additional child credit she quit working and literally told her employer she didn’t need to work anymore. Everywhere you go thee are wage wars for fast food jobs. FAST FOOD JOBS! This is the Democrat’s doing.

Stop the extra aid immediately and restore balance to the economy. If you have too many takers, shortages are what happens. It’s basic math. Give to those who are disabled, elderly, or mentally unfit. Kick the lazy off government handouts. I have been laid off before but always worked my butt off to find another job. I hated being on unemployment. If you don’t want to work, sorry, you don’t deserve a roof over your head or food on your table.
But the supply chain issue is not because of labor shortages here in the USA.

And it has ended.....

Old 10-04-2021, 08:28 AM

6,737 posts, read 4,419,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
But not 1.5 years later I would think.

Now its a buyers market. They can pay less, but no one will accept. They make more staying home sponging off the gov.

43,106 posts, read 18,269,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
And they stopped a month ago......

For the last year there have been times where things aren't on the shelves but just now people are noticing?
No not all of them have stopped.
Enhanced SNAP just stopped but not completely. They only reduced some of the extra money, not all of it.
P-EBT may be extended to next year.
Enhanced Obamacare subsidies..that is still up in the air as well.

8,630 posts, read 9,137,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
No, the labor shortage is. But you knew that but are trying to distract. The current shortages are being caused by people taking government aid instead of working. That is fact. I personally know people who hired housekeeping and when Biden passed additional child credit she quit working and literally told her employer she didn’t need to work anymore. Everywhere you go thee are wage wars for fast food jobs. FAST FOOD JOBS! This is the Democrat’s doing.

Stop the extra aid immediately and restore balance to the economy. If you have too many takers, shortages are what happens. It’s basic math. Give to those who are disabled, elderly, or mentally unfit. Kick the lazy off government handouts. I have been laid off before but always worked my butt off to find another job. I hated being on unemployment. If you don’t want to work, sorry, you don’t deserve a roof over your head or food on your table.
For some perhaps but not others who make far more than the chicken feed you are implying that is coaxing those from good paying jobs like longshoremen. Why would anyone trade a high paying union job for $300 smackers a week? They wouldn't.

10,857 posts, read 4,534,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Wasn't a lot of that Wolfe deciding he and the commission he appointed to determine what businesses were "essential" got to pick winners and losers?

yes, and then he marched maskless in the blm parade and Carlisle events used the film of that in court when he sued them as they resumed summer shows in 2020. The judge said, I am not picking winners and losers so work this out. we had a shortened shwo schedule, no masks, outdoors and no super spreaders. in fact I dont think one article even SUGGESTED anyone got positive from a show...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies