Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2021, 02:04 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,466,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Apparently that 2% earned as a Federal Contractor is more important to SWA.
Perhaps so.

Employees are free to take their talents elsewhere.

Old 10-12-2021, 02:06 PM

472 posts, read 244,483 times
The SW Airlines CEO came out today and made a statement regarding the vaccine mandates. I'm sure he's feeling the pressure, and rightly so.

https://nypost.com/2021/10/12/southw...ccine-mandate/

Old 10-12-2021, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB71 View Post
The SW Airlines CEO came out today and made a statement regarding the vaccine mandates. I'm sure he's feeling the pressure, and rightly so.

https://nypost.com/2021/10/12/southw...ccine-mandate/
"I'm against what I just agreed to do! It's someone else's fault! "

Old 10-12-2021, 02:09 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,118,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post

My point is, when a parent dies, it leaves behind a single parent. One less income for the family. Hello food stamps, medicaid, etc.

The unvaccinated tend to be less educated and at the lower income scale and therefore more financially insecure.
You must be a sad and insecure person to think getting vaccinated makes you a smarter person.

Old 10-12-2021, 02:10 PM

16,560 posts, read 10,639,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Perhaps so.

Employees are free to take their talents elsewhere.
You really don't know how the airline industry works, do you. When you sign on with a carrier, you're given a seniority number. Slowly, over time, you move up on the scale. As you do, your pay increases, and you have more say over the routes you get to fly. But all of that is contained within one airline. If you jump ship, all your years of service mean absolutely diddly squat to your new airline. You start over again, at the bottom.

Tell me, how many people are eager to start over at the bottom, especially given that Biden is making all of them mandate the vaccine, on pain of losing federal contracts?

Maybe your line of work is different. Maybe you can easily move from company to company and keep on increasing your salary. Maybe your industry isn't so tightly over-regulated. But that's not how the airlines work.

Old 10-12-2021, 02:10 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,118,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
"I'm against what I just agreed to do! It's someone else's fault! "
He's being forced by the deadline in December. So sad you're cheering this on. I thought "liberals" were supposed to have empathy? Just another empty talking point.

Old 10-12-2021, 02:11 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,902,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
You really don't know how the airline industry works, do you. When you sign on with a carrier, you're given a seniority number. Slowly, over time, you move up on the scale. As you do, your pay increases, and you have more say over the routes you get to fly. But all of that is contained within one airline. If you jump ship, all your years of service mean absolutely diddly squat to your new airline. You start over again, at the bottom.

Tell me, how many people are eager to start over at the bottom, especially given that Biden is making all of them mandate the vaccine, on pain of losing federal contracts?

Maybe your line of work is different. Maybe you can easily move from company to company and keep on increasing your salary. Maybe your industry isn't so tightly over-regulated. But that's not how the airlines work.

Bus man? More like plane man haha

Old 10-12-2021, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
You must be a sad and insecure person to think getting vaccinated makes you a smarter person.
That's not what she said. She showed statistics indicating that there is a positive correlation between higher education and getting the vaccine. Correlation does not imply causation, so there is nothing in this to suggest that the vaccine itself increases your intelligence.

Old 10-12-2021, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
Bus man? More like plane man haha
Yeah, sometimes I think I missed my calling.

Old 10-12-2021, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post

Lol...I understand how it works.

Do you understand that you are not entitled to a specific job with a specific employer despite not wanting to follow the employers rules?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies