Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2021, 03:36 PM

29,503 posts, read 14,663,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
In a matter of 2 years the MAGA fake conservatives now support "my body, my choice" and organized labor strikes. Crazy.

Biden Derangement Syndrome is a real thing, folks.
Big assumption there, thinking those not in favor of mandates are Trump supporters. I'm sure you like to project your hate to anyone that thinks differently than you, and calling them Trump supporters makes it easy.

Here in MI, your assumption would be wrong. The areas here with the highest rates of vaccination are rural red.

Why the divisive rhetoric ? What does it matter to you ? Want to get vaccinated, do so. Don't want to, don't.

Old 10-12-2021, 03:37 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,310,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
You must be a sad and insecure person to think getting vaccinated makes you a smarter person.
either that, or using info from February (vaccination) and July (income; "note many didn't answer")

Old 10-12-2021, 03:39 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,466,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepnking View Post
Once again I will ask, "You think they would have done so if not for Biden's mandate?"

Apparently you cannot see the difference between a forced and voluntary decision.
We all live with "forced" decisions in order to live in society.

We are "forced" to abide by the speed limit; we are "forced" to pay taxes, fines, child support etc.

SWA decided they would prefer to be "forced" to abide by this mandate and reap the other benefits of being a government contractor. They did a cost-benefit analysis and came up with the decision they felt was most advantageous to their company. Just like every other company does every day.

SWA is not special just because their pilots are MAGA.

Old 10-12-2021, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Biden: "Say, nice airline you've got there. Be a shame if something were to happen to it." wink, wink.
you forgot "pal!"

Old 10-12-2021, 03:46 PM

6,933 posts, read 2,392,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
We all live with "forced" decisions in order to live in society.

We are "forced" to abide by the speed limit; we are "forced" to pay taxes, fines, child support etc.

SWA decided they would prefer to be "forced" to abide by this mandate and reap the other benefits of being a government contractor. They did a cost-benefit analysis and came up with the decision they felt was most advantageous to their company. Just like every other company does every day.
A "FORST decision" to abide to a mandate that violates the Nuremberg Codes is a BAD decision.

Old 10-12-2021, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
A "FORST decision" to abide to a mandate that violates the Nuremberg Codes is a BAD decision.
Good luck with that.

Old 10-12-2021, 03:49 PM

Quote:
"Federal contractor"

Have you ever seen a federal contract? They are chock full of clauses, conditions and requirements very specific to the government. You buy the ticket you ride the ride.
Quote:
Meh...I didn't use quotes. You got the gist of it.

You want to be a federal contractor, you comply with federal requirements.

SWA could take a pass. They declined to do that. Some of their employees are sad. Those employees are well within their rights to decide whether they prefer to get the vax and stay employed by a federal contractor or seek employment elsewhere.
I haven't seen a federal contract since the early 90's, but yes they are fantastic examples of just how bad and overbearing our federal government is.

Somewhere in there, I'm sure was a 'Anything we say to do, you'll agree to do'. Did SWA or any of the federal contractors sign their contracts AFTER Biden unilaterally proclaimed they'd be required to get vaccinated?

Mind you, this wasn't for NEW contracts. This was for existing contracts, yes?

So, let's suppose that Biden does indeed have the unilateral authority to modify all federal contracts. Do you think that's a good thing, or a bad thing? See, a large part of the "anti-vaxx" argument is "an overbearing, rights-infringing Federal government".

You either believe the Federal can and should have ultimate authority whenever it pleases, or you do not. It's clear what side the liberals are one - "absolutely, so long as it's not pointed at me!"

Old 10-12-2021, 03:49 PM

6,933 posts, read 2,392,354 times
Quote:
Good luck with that.
Good luck with your experimental injection(s),

Old 10-12-2021, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
In a matter of 2 years the MAGA fake conservatives now support "my body, my choice" and organized labor strikes. Crazy.

Biden Derangement Syndrome is a real thing, folks.
interestingly, in this thread, one of the "right wingers" (I'll ignore your characterization) has said they're pro-choice. Personally, I am too, under most of the existing guidelines.

A real conservative (not fake) is primarily interested in limited government I would say. Would you agree?

And while BDS may be real, it's a fraction of the TDS that still rages on.

Old 10-12-2021, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
I haven't seen a federal contract since the early 90's, but yes they are fantastic examples of just how bad and overbearing our federal government is.

Somewhere in there, I'm sure was a 'Anything we say to do, you'll agree to do'. Did SWA or any of the federal contractors sign their contracts AFTER Biden unilaterally proclaimed they'd be required to get vaccinated?

Mind you, this wasn't for NEW contracts. This was for existing contracts, yes?

So, let's suppose that Biden does indeed have the unilateral authority to modify all federal contracts. Do you think that's a good thing, or a bad thing? See, a large part of the "anti-vaxx" argument is "an overbearing, rights-infringing Federal government".

You either believe the Federal can and should have ultimate authority whenever it pleases, or you do not. It's clear what side the liberals are one - "absolutely, so long as it's not pointed at me!"
Govt unilaterally modifies contracts all the time.

And we don't know if this was indeed a unilateral mod.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies