Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2021, 09:09 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,867,540 times

Advertisements

Hopefully, the governor of Colorado and California issue "lock down" type orders to save their residents from Delta COVID-19.

California and Colorado governors issued near-Australia levels measures when Trump was President and the hospitals had a massive surplus of nurses but yet when Biden is President they just let COVID go uncontrolled.

Must be those packed classrooms full of children in California and Colorado coming back home to spread COVID-19 in those huge multi-generational households.

Democratic California: 6,966 cases yesterday
Democratic Colorado: 2,846 cases yesterday
Ron De Santis: 2,006 cases yesterday

Democratic California: 119 COVID-19 deaths
Democratic Colorado: 50 COVID-19 deaths
Ron De Santis Florida: zero covid deaths reported on Thursday

Why isn't the media saying anything about not one report of a person parishing in Florida in yesterday's COVID update?

https://www.denverpost.com/2021/10/2...ational-guard/

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2021, 09:16 PM

4,960 posts, read 2,240,545 times
I find state COVID comparisons meaningless.

If you want to live in California or Colorado, I'm all for it. Those are your states and you can vote your will. I have no intention of visiting your states again so I don't care.

I choose to live in Florida. I like its "Florida Man" nature. I accept the risks of living in Florida and I don't need anyone, especially the Brandon Administration, to step in and mitigate those risks for me.

Old 10-23-2021, 07:42 AM

4,025 posts, read 1,880,794 times
Worth noting:

Both states hit a peak of 7-day average infections on about August 20th.
California's highest rate? 15500 per day
Florida? About 23000 per day

Since the population of California is double that of Florida - this is a significant difference.

And since the name of the game is Simultaneous Resources Required - I'd say California won by a mile.

I agree COVID state comparisons are meaningless - as timelines, population density, resources, and demographics all play huge roles in who's actually "winning" and who's suffering the most. Very complicated. But anyone using a single number to find a winner - as the OP did - and as I just did - is just wasting time. It's not a contest.

Old 10-23-2021, 09:14 AM

6,038 posts, read 2,854,310 times
I find blaming Governors and Presidents for Covid-19 cases and deaths to be abhorrent, but since the left used it as an attack on Governor DeSantis, I say 'open season'.!

Old 10-23-2021, 09:25 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times
It is true -- some states are seeing higher cases. Florida at its peak of Delta saw a 7 day average of over 21K. California some 14K. Given the big difference in population ---- that's a significant spike for Florida.Colorado -- just over 2K peak.

But overall record.

Florida ranks 9th in death rate
California ranks 35th
Colorado 43
ANd you left Texas out of your comparison.

Wonder why?

And why do folks keep attributing Florida's horrific results with COVID to DeSantis.

It's not a good thing.

In May of this year Florida ranked in the bottom half for cases per capita and was down much lower for death rate per capita.

Whatever it did this summer and fall to 'manage' Covid -- it managed to work up the ranks to be in the top 10 for both cases per capita and death per capita.

How is that a success story?

Old 10-23-2021, 09:28 AM

6,812 posts, read 9,363,742 times
Colorado is blaming counties that have lower vaccination rates for driving this current surge.

I don’t really follow any of the COVID news anymore, so I haven’t been paying attention for the most part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies