Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2021, 09:32 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,484,106 times

Advertisements

how do the superrich deduct their charity work?
Jeff Bozos ex wife gave $4 Billions to food banks?
I am sure other gave as well,

if I give 4B to charity,I wont be paying any income tax,and rightfully so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2021, 06:21 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,330,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
Nearly all of that budget is grants and loans for college students or grants to primary schools to increase their budgets for educating lower SES student, who cost more to educate, or for special education. Do you want to get rid of those programs as well?

That's a huge generalization. What's your solution? Kill them all?

That's not always possible. Not everyone leads the perfect life you apparently have.

You can deduct the interest on mortgages up to a million dollars if they existed before December 16, 2017. Read the law.
"Do you want to get rid of those programs as well?"

What part of education is NOT a FED responsibility do you NOT understand?

"Not everyone leads the perfect life you apparently have."

NO ONE is guaranteed a "perfect" life.

You GET what you worked for and EARNED.

Old 11-04-2021, 06:25 AM

Quote:
It may be unusual, but it happens more than you think, and proves your statement is incorrect.

And not all poor families were poor when they had kids, either. Lots of folks have kids they can afford, then lose a job, get sick, or circumstances change. Poop happens.

You make sweeping generalizations as if everyone who has kids and can't afford them is irresponsible, and that's just not the case.
"You make sweeping generalizations"

Your post are FILLED with "sweeping generalizations".

Old 11-04-2021, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
No, they fly them all over the country in the middle of the night.
"No, they fly them all over the country in the middle of the night."

WITHOUT testing for covid and vaccinating them, yet you CAN'T fly here from Europe WITHOUT having your shots.

Old 11-04-2021, 06:31 AM

Quote:
That's the ones that may qualify for asylum. Look at the statistics. CBP is tossing thousands a day back to Mexico.

And, I'll ask, what's your solution? Kill all of the would be immigrants, and stack the bodies high as a warning to others?
"And, I'll ask, what's your solution? Kill all of the would be immigrants, and stack the bodies high as a warning to others?"

What an absolutely STUPID post.

And some wonder why we CAN'T have honest ADULT conversations on issues!

We STOP THEM AT THE BORDER AND DO NOT LET THEM ENTER.

What is so hard for you to understand THAT?

We HAVE immigration LAWS. ENFORCE them. PERIOD!

Old 11-04-2021, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Most? Where's your proof for that generalization?
Maybe you have NEVER heard of "welfare", "gov't housing", "food stamps", "FREE smart phones" , etc., etc., etc.!

Old 11-04-2021, 07:07 AM

15,440 posts, read 7,497,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Do you want to get rid of those programs as well?"

What part of education is NOT a FED responsibility do you NOT understand?

"Not everyone leads the perfect life you apparently have."

NO ONE is guaranteed a "perfect" life.

You GET what you worked for and EARNED.
It's hard to get a decent job when the schools you went to as a child didn't have enough money to properly teach you. The Title 1funds that the Department of Education administers provide supplemental funds to teach students from lower socio-economic backgrounds. Those students require far more effort to teach that other students due to family circumstances, parents working multiple jobs, etc. Houston ISD gets about $1,000 per student from Title 1 funds, which, given the limitations on tax revenues imposed by the State, helps teach poor kids.

You are correct. No one is guaranteed a perfect life, but it is downright evil to tell the less fortunate in our country "I've got mine, *********"

Quote:
"You make sweeping generalizations"

Your post are FILLED with "sweeping generalizations".
No, I provide examples on most of my comments.

Quote:
"No, they fly them all over the country in the middle of the night."

WITHOUT testing for covid and vaccinating them, yet you CAN'T fly here from Europe WITHOUT having your shots.
CBP does actually vaccinate the immigrants who have an asylum claim and are allowed into the country.

Quote:
"And, I'll ask, what's your solution? Kill all of the would be immigrants, and stack the bodies high as a warning to others?"

What an absolutely STUPID post.

And some wonder why we CAN'T have honest ADULT conversations on issues!

We STOP THEM AT THE BORDER AND DO NOT LET THEM ENTER.

What is so hard for you to understand THAT?

We HAVE immigration LAWS. ENFORCE them. PERIOD!
We have thousands of CBP agents on the border sending thousands of would be immigrants back to Mexico every day. I would say that's stopping them at the border and enforcing immigration law. You seem to think that CBP just stands there and waves them through, and that's not the case.

Quote:
Maybe you have NEVER heard of "welfare", "gov't housing", "food stamps", "FREE smart phones" , etc., etc., etc.!
Are you claiming that anyone who receives government benefits shouldn't have kids? Are you in favor of forced sterilization, because those folks are not going to stop having sex.

Old 11-04-2021, 07:50 AM

979 posts, read 418,174 times
Quote:

Are you claiming that anyone who receives government benefits shouldn't have kids? Are you in favor of forced sterilization, because those folks are not going to stop having sex.
They should lose money when they have kids.

Take away $20 a month every time they spawn.

Old 11-04-2021, 09:12 AM

8,181 posts, read 2,793,632 times
Quote:
Are you claiming that anyone who receives government benefits shouldn't have kids?
Yes.

Quote:
Are you in favor of forced sterilization, because those folks are not going to stop having sex.
No. But they're on their own.

Old 11-04-2021, 09:36 AM

21,939 posts, read 9,508,101 times
Quote:
That's the ones that may qualify for asylum. Look at the statistics. CBP is tossing thousands a day back to Mexico.

And, I'll ask, what's your solution? Kill all of the would be immigrants, and stack the bodies high as a warning to others?
My solution is to close the border. It can be done. It WAS done under Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies