Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2021, 08:49 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,307,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Ok, so ....it's ok? Did you think it was ok when Paula Deen said the N word 100 years ago?
Negro and the N-word are not the same. And Paula Dean didn't say anything 100 years ago.

Honestly, Biden was calling the guy great, and you all want to twist it. I acknowledge that you have to choose your words carefully these days. Look at this post as an example. Can ANYONE here honestly say they felt Biden was doing anything other than "trying" to honor Satchel Page?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2021, 08:53 AM

24,643 posts, read 9,468,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
You are not allowed to purposely choose to use Negro instead of Black or African American. However when old people revert to Negro or colored with no malicious intent it is just age showing
So how many times did Biden call Obama and Michelle a negro? He should call Kamala Harris one too!

It's just old age!

Old 11-12-2021, 08:55 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,664,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Negro and the N-word are not the same. And Paula Dean didn't say anything 100 years ago.

Honestly, Biden was calling the guy great, and you all want to twist it. I acknowledge that you have to choose your words carefully these days. Look at this post as an example. Can ANYONE here honestly say they felt Biden was doing anything other than "trying" to honor Satchel Page?
Agreed... but if anyone else, especially an R would have said this, you and everyone else knows he would have been vilified for it.. that's the problem... why does Biden and every Dem for that matter get a pass for these things when others do not??? Its called a Double Standard.. and its wrong!

Old 11-12-2021, 08:58 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,307,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Agreed... but if anyone else, especially an R would have said this, you and everyone else knows he would have been vilified for it.. that's the problem... why does Biden and every Dem for that matter get a pass for these things when others do not??? Its called a Double Standard.. and its wrong!
You are correct, but sooner or later, we have to rise above all the BS and just be better ourselves. That's what we can control.

And the double standard, by definition, goes both ways. I'm not saying you're wrong. In fact, you are right. If someone on the right had said it, they'd be crucified, and that ain't right.

Be better. I'll try too.

Old 11-12-2021, 09:00 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,664,886 times
Quote:
You are correct, but sooner or later, we have to rise above all the BS and just be better ourselves. That's what we can control.

And the double standard, by definition, goes both ways. I'm not saying you're wrong. In fact, you are right. If someone on the right had said it, they'd be crucified, and that ain't right.

Be better. I'll try too.
Trying myself!

Old 11-12-2021, 09:01 AM

4,195 posts, read 1,601,623 times
americans as a group are ignorant of history no surprise...but if this thread doesnt show the rightwings semi-factual method of whipping up ammunition to sling at democrats i dont know what does..

negroes played in the negro league, the terms African American and or black came decades later

Old 11-12-2021, 09:04 AM

8,772 posts, read 5,062,427 times
Quote:

But if Trump said it.....everyone knows the story would have been huge......dems would have had
that bloody head of Trump back out.

Old 11-12-2021, 09:05 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I have never understood why the word "negro" is offensive - it is literally the Spanish word for the color black. Now of course the "bastardized" version of the word is highly offensive and should never be used.
It's not just like the term colored. It was used for years by all people.

Unless Blacks tell us they are offended by it's use. I believe back around 2016 Obama signed a Bill that said Negro / Oriental were words the Federal Govt could no longer use.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/...m-federal-laws

Quote:
After it was unanimously passed with 380 votes, President Barack Obama signed H.R. 4238 on Friday, which amends two federal acts from the ’70s that define “minorities” with terms that are now insensitive or outdated.

The Department of Energy Act has for decades described “minorities” as, “a Negro, Puerto Rican, American Indian, Eskimo, Oriental, or Aleut or is a Spanish speaking individual of Spanish descent.”

The new bill changes the language to, “Asian American, Native Hawaiian, a Pacific Islander, African American, Hispanic, Puerto Rican, Native American, or an Alaska Native.” There’s also similar language in the Local Public Works Capital Development and Investment Act.

Old 11-12-2021, 09:05 AM

24,643 posts, read 9,468,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis44102 View Post
negroes played in the negro league, the terms African American and or black came decades later
You must still refer to Asians as Chinamen, if you think that's true.

You don't use the word negro, it's a racist slur only used by racists such as Biden. It was racist then, and it's racist now, just like every other racial slur.

Even the n-word was used to describe many things in American history such as tv shows, characters, movies, titles, but everyone agrees its highly offensive. The word negro is no different.

Old 11-12-2021, 09:16 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,749,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBentley View Post

True, but if you're a demented, creepy old liar (who just happens to be President of the world's superpower), you are apparently exempt from the normal rules of society.

And this guy has complete access to to our nukes!
We shouldn't be so critical of a person with dementia. He's very ill and deserves our sympathy.

The person we should be critical of is his wife for letting him get this far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies