Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2021, 06:35 PM

17,620 posts, read 17,674,997 times

Advertisements

If Biden was Republican this would receive wall to wall coverage on TV news and late night comedians with calls to impeach him or demand he resigns. But because he’s a democrat it’s all crickets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2021, 07:08 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,523,000 times
I haven't commented on this yet, because it is tiring when folks constantly go after the president and anyone they perceive as protecting him. I'm not a huge fan of the Biden presidency and he did say what he said. It was an unfortunate use of words, but we have come to expect that of this president. So if what he said was so bad, then why did Fox News edit some key parts of his comments out?

Quote:
In his comments, Biden said he had “adopted the attitude of the great Negro, at the time pitcher in the Negro Leagues, went on to become a great pitcher in the pros in Major League baseball after Jackie Robinson, his name was Satchel Paige.”

But when Duffy played the clip, it was edited so Biden was heard saying he had “adopted the attitude of the great Negro at the time, pitcher, name was Satchel Paige.”
Why the edit? I'm not here to defend what Biden actually said. Like I said, I am no fan and if he were running for reelection today I would not vote for him. Besides, defending him would do little good on this board and you folks are welcome to have your own opinion of the man.

I know you'll cite the source I am using as far left or radicals, but Fox News admitted they edited the comment down. They confessed to it!

Quote:
When editing video, journalists have an obligation to keep statements in the context they were delivered or explain to viewers why a change was made, said Al Tompkins, faculty member at Poynter Institute, a journalism think tank. In this case, the edit is not at all clear, he said.

A Fox spokesperson noted that the full remark was used when the story was repeated two other times on “Fox & Friends,” and said the one-time edit was made because of time constraints.
Fox News Deceptively Edits Biden Comments To Move Racial Context

Last edited by Joe the Photog; 11-12-2021 at 07:25 PM..

Old 11-12-2021, 07:18 PM

Video is on this page under the headline showing what Fox used. For the comparison, go back to the first post on this thread. You can clearly see the edit Fox made.

WATCH: Fox News Deceptively Edits Biden Remark About Negro League Great Satchel Paige to Make it Sound Racist

Old 11-12-2021, 07:40 PM

17,620 posts, read 17,674,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I haven't commented on this yet, because it is tiring when folks constantly go after the president and anyone they perceive as protecting him. I'm not a huge fan of the Biden presidency and he did say what he said. It was an unfortunate use of words, but we have come to expect that of this president. So if what he said was so bad, then why did Fox News edit some key parts of his comments out?

Why the edit? I'm not here to defend what Biden actually said. Like I said, I am no fan and if he were running for reelection today I would not vote for him. Besides, defending him would do little good on this board and you folks are welcome to have your own opinion of the man.

I know you'll cite the source I am using as far left or radicals, but Fox News admitted they edited the comment down. They confessed to it!

Fox News Deceptively Edits Biden Comments To Move Racial Context
What you’re doing is a form of deflection, a passive way of defending the person by deflecting the story elsewhere.
1. President Biden used a term that would have resulted in a huge outrage among the press and black activist if he were a Republican.
2. The news media that supports Biden either completely ignored his words or tried to cover for his words, something that would never happen if he were a Republican.

Do I think his use of the term deserves moral outrage? No and I say this as one who voted for Trump. However I realize that this would have had a different outcome if the speaker was Republican.

Old 11-12-2021, 07:44 PM

I'm not conceding your point that I am deflecting from what Biden said. I thought I was clear about that. (Maybe I could have started a new thread in media though) But why did Fox News edit out part of his comment to change the appearance of what he said?

Old 11-13-2021, 12:32 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketchikanite View Post
I’ve watched it ten times. Biden’s racist inner self just can’t keep quiet. All head to do was read offa the teleprompter, he couldn’t do it. So he spoke his truth. He’s always been a racist.
If you watched it on Fox watch it on Chris Hayes. He shows how Fox edited the statement.

Old 11-13-2021, 06:03 AM

35,064 posts, read 17,014,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv95 View Post
Jim Crow Creepy Joe at it again.

92% of blacks(not me, shut up) went for this geriatric because the alternative was that bad. Both sides are racist yet which party runs against improving black people's lives? It's not the Demwits.
I myself am an extremely liberal Democrat. That being said my party's record is shameful. The GOP, at least, expects that all people, regardless of skin tone, will join and benefit from an inclusive, equal society.

Old 11-13-2021, 06:08 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,253,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
I thought we weren't allowed to say "negro" anymore?
When you talk about the negro league it is completely appropriate and allowed. Hope that helps.

Old 11-13-2021, 06:09 AM

35,064 posts, read 17,014,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
We shouldn't be so critical of a person with dementia. He's very ill and deserves our sympathy.

The person we should be critical of is his wife for letting him get this far.
People who evoke sympathy should not be POTUS. It's that simple.

Old 11-13-2021, 06:12 AM

1,811 posts, read 899,992 times
Biden has always been a racist. There were many, many more intelligent black people that Joe Biden could have selected as Vice President. Instead Joe choose Cameltoe. He did that on purpose. Joe knew that she would be an abject failure. He did that to disparage the black race. So taken in context Joe’s great negro comment was intentional regardless of editing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies