Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2021, 09:30 AM

4,834 posts, read 3,262,003 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
You think it's the president's job to personally inspect the supply of masks for the entire nation, for the off chance there will be a 1 in 100 years pandemic? Really? Do you believe Obama did this? Do you think Biden ever did this?
There was different standard for everything 'Trump'. And still is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2021, 09:48 AM

33,568 posts, read 18,147,060 times
I check out sales circulars on line and see what the offer at buy one get one free to beat the inflation. Still my food bill is higher and I can't believe how some things are 30% to 50% higher. Some things I pass on because it is not worth the money they are asking. I have always stocked up on the staples but still have to eat daily so it is not like the supply stays there.

Last time I got gas , I found a station on my way back from Orlando for $2.91 and filled it with $70 .Every station was $3.29 and up. In my neighborhood it is $3.24 now.

Old 11-13-2021, 03:25 PM

3,048 posts, read 1,150,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Just curious to hear how others are doing in this mess created by democrats and Brandon. How have you managed to adapt to this economic wrecking ball of an administration? Have you had to put off major purchases, or change your shopping habits for day to day items?

I've been driving much less. I walk when I can, since many of my trips are under 1 mile. It's getting colder now, and it won't be long before it's snowing, so I may have to stop doing that. I've cut back quite a bit on meat consumption. Probably will cut back on beer, or start brewing my own again.
Ignoring the inflammatory name for our current president, I can't say inflation has had much of an effect on my spending. I think it really has to do with my stage of life. I'm past the accumulative stage and in a holding pattern, so groceries are about all that I truly need to purchase regularly, and they're higher, obviously, but still affordable. Same with the heating bill, although Colorado's weather has remarkably mild so far. We're probably still a few weeks out from needing to use the heating system every day.

Old 11-13-2021, 03:47 PM

6,933 posts, read 2,389,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerGurlHeather View Post
You ever take a medicine before? If so you put an experimental drug into your body as every drug is eternally in experimental mode. They are constantly learning new side effects, new downsides, new benefits,etc.

Even OTC things like Tylenol and Advil are still being studied daily.
Sorry, too many RED FLAGS for me to ignore.

We cannot vaccinate away a pathogen that reservoirs in animals is probably the HUGEST RED FLAG of many others.

Good luck to you.

Old 11-13-2021, 03:59 PM

19,802 posts, read 9,341,315 times
We are seeing maybe a 10% increase in monthly food bills. We also now use only about two tanks of car gas a month, so maybe an extra $50 for car gas since Bidenflation hit. So my guess is that we are spending about $125 more a month than we probably would if Trump was still in office.*

HOWEVER, if my retired husband is offered another temp job, he will probably refuse it unless they bump his wage by at least $1.00 an hour to cover the added cost of gas. (The closest city to us that has over 10,000 people is 60 miles away, and all the jobs closer are not in his field.)

So, yeah -- we're NOT thrilled with the Biden administration to say the LEAST!

*This does not include the added cost for propane, as we won't know that until next summer, as the company we use bills us for a year's worth based on last year's use, and they charge us for the current price if we pay the total in full in advance, which we did in August. If we use up the allotment, we pay the difference at whatever the current rate is at that time.

Old 11-13-2021, 04:05 PM

19,802 posts, read 9,341,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I think we are all being forced to "Lower our Expectations". The Democrat elected are actually miserable people that are trying to knock America down from her perch of exceptionalism. They think the American Dream is something only white people can enjoy but as Trump showed us, a rising tide lifts all boats but of course they hated him for allowing us to enjoy that Dream again while waking up the downtrodden to the fact that they do not have to feel oppressed.

Of course the Biden Bunch tells us that the rich will be paying more but we all know that it is the Middle Class that will be hit the hardest. We always are the pawns in the Democrat schemes.

The Dems want us to lower our expectations because us Americans have had it too good for too long so they open the borders, keep us clamped down with covid, and their way of dealing with the supply chain problems and rising prices on everything is to tell us to get used to it.

Jimmy Carter once said in response to the rising price of heating our homes in the Winter "Put on a Sweater" and he has gone down in History as the worse President ever. Biden is now winning that distinction and we have 3 mores years of this mess...
I think this might be what the leftists call "equity". Many on the bottom can't or won't work themselves up to the middle class, so they want to bring the middle class down to the lower class, financially speaking.

Old 11-13-2021, 04:08 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,093,761 times
My homes doubled in price.

Old 11-14-2021, 04:44 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,371,755 times
Hasn't impacted my life at all. <shrug>

Old 11-14-2021, 05:00 AM

24,600 posts, read 9,440,677 times
I’m still waiting for my reparations. According to liberals, I’m a helpless victim without them.

I’ll let you know when they come.

Old 11-14-2021, 05:17 AM

362 posts, read 143,717 times
I am paying $80+ for groceries that would've costed me 40 or 50 a couple of years ago. Things that will last less than a week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies