Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2021, 05:47 PM

12,994 posts, read 9,521,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
Waukesha Police Chief Daniel Thompson said the motive for the attack was still a mystery but that it was clear the suspect had acted intentionally.

"He drove right through the barricades and the officers," Thompson told a briefing, adding the authorities had ruled out terrorism as a motive. Sue Opper, the Waukesha County district attorney, said the suspect was believed to have acted alone.

Police were not pursuing Brooks when he plowed into the parade, but one officer fired shots to try to stop the sports utility vehicle, the police chief said.
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/fiv...de-2021-11-22/
When the officer fired at the SUV - was that before he crashed through the parade, or after? From watching the video I'd assumed it was after, but haven't heard anyone say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2021, 05:47 PM

2,690 posts, read 1,614,894 times
He used the same suv in his rap video, that makes me sick to my stomach.
Mass killers, all of them in the US, white, black, asian, whatever race, have felt that any fame is good fame.....infamous is great too. Most mass killers have been white.
We need to come down extremely hard on crime, and that needs to include white collar crime as well. Tired of people stealing from us all and getting away with it, tired of laws protecting the rich, tired of our politicians being owned, tired of reading each day's occurrence of more innocent people getting mowed down.
Why the hell can't people behave? It's really not that hard to follow the golden rule.

You know what I'm ultimately sick of? Coming into this forum and seeing it politicized by a bunch of people with an agenda.

Old 11-22-2021, 05:48 PM

1,768 posts, read 717,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
If the conservative courts were not so soft on women abusers and gun charges .......
Look no further than the democratic political hack that is the Milwaukee DA.
These cases hadn't even gone to court yet. The courts can only act if the prosecutors bring forth charges as well. Look at the liberal prosecutors who spent a year going after Kyle. Did they ever bother charging the felon who pointed a weapon at him? Nope.

Old 11-22-2021, 05:48 PM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I believe that some bail has to be set in Wisconsin. N bail is not an option from my understanding. This does not explain why the bail was so absurdly low for this criminal though
It should have been in the millions, or higher. And with attempted murder, said person should have been held without bond.

Old 11-22-2021, 05:55 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,989,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
It should have been in the millions, or higher. And with attempted murder, said person should have been held without bond.
It’s hard to think of a reason his bail was so low besides whoever set his bail didn’t care at all about the victims. Really? Running a woman over on purpose?

Old 11-22-2021, 05:55 PM

30,455 posts, read 21,298,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
Meh, I already adopted a lifestyle shunning mass gatherings well before the pandemic, going back even before Trump was a thing in politics.
I was never a crowd person and don't like being around peeps anyways as always something seems to go wrong.

Old 11-22-2021, 05:56 PM

12,964 posts, read 13,686,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skezo View Post
Look no further than the democratic political hack that is the Milwaukee DA.
These cases hadn't even gone to court yet. The courts can only act if the prosecutors bring forth charges as well. Look at the liberal prosecutors who spent a year going after Kyle. Did they ever bother charging the felon who pointed a weapon at him? Nope.
Who makes the laws?

Old 11-22-2021, 05:57 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,171,947 times
I'm disgusted by the attempts by the right wing into politicizing this tragic event.
Just because the guy is a person of color with dreadlocks that doesn't make him a terrorist, nor does it mean this was racially motivated.
To me it's obvious this is either a mental health issue, a substance abuse issue, or both.
Get real people. Stop dividing people by inserting politics and race where it doesn't exist.

Old 11-22-2021, 05:58 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,533,686 times
An interesting take from a source not known for their liberal leanings.
Quote:
It may turn out later that the D.A's office is attempting to cover its ass. Perhaps there are many other cases like the Brooks case. But Milwaukee doesn't exactly have a reputation for being overly kind to people suspected of crimes. In 2016, its county jail allowed a man in solitary confinement to dehydrate to death because he had no access to water in his cell. Milwaukee County is the place that gave us Sheriff David Clarke, who supports an uber-harsh justice system (except for Donald Trump's lackeys, of course).
Quote:
Whatever comes out of this horrible incident, tough-on-crime conservatives need to resist the urge to attack bail the way the left used Rittenhouse to attack gun rights. We are protected by both the Second Amendment and Fifth Amendment. You know whose bail was set to high? Rittenhouse's! That he needed the assistance of a bunch of celebrity conservatives to raise $2 million in order to be free to prepare his case is, in fact, an example of a broken system.
Conservatives Should Resist the Urge To Blame Bail Reform for the Waukesha Parade Deaths

Last edited by Joe the Photog; 11-22-2021 at 06:56 PM..

Old 11-22-2021, 05:59 PM

1,436 posts, read 668,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
It appears the DA definitely made a mistake but that is true of the two republican DA's in Brunswick, GA who wouldn't even bring up murder charges. This isn't a partisan issue as many DA's have made mistakes.
Not a mistake for this DA sad to say. This is how he operates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies