Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2021, 06:35 PM

35,081 posts, read 17,033,734 times

Advertisements

Should More Murder Suspects Die During Arrests? I've asked this question before and ask it again in light of Waukesha.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2021, 06:38 PM

6,671 posts, read 2,977,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Should More Murder Suspects Die During Arrests? I've asked this question before and ask it again in light of Waukesha.
Suspect? Suspect doesn't mean they did it. This is silly.

That's a little much don't you think?

A bit of a leap than say planting a bag of weed in a car.

Old 11-23-2021, 06:38 PM

13,754 posts, read 8,014,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Feds stepped in and shut down any talk of motive. This will quietly fade and "3 white men" will be all the rage in the coming week.
I'm not sure they'll be able to do that. Not with Brooks alive. My guess is he's a sociopath given how calm he appeared shortly after slaughtering those people. Supposedly he wept today in court but it's going to dawn on him (assuming it already hasn't) that nothing will work. There's no way out of this.

So...why not show the world how a true rapper keeps it street. Keeps it gangsta. Comes correct. Blah, blah, blah.

I saw several of his rap videos on YouTube before they were pulled. Nothing original. However, it did appear Brooks put an effort into making them and the quality was surprising good.

Again I suspect the man is a flat-out sociopath. But a sociopath who craves fame. And this is his chance.

"Yeah, I wanted to kill some white people. So what? F-em..." and then go on some crazed rant.

Last edited by john3232; 11-23-2021 at 06:50 PM..

Old 11-23-2021, 06:45 PM

73,032 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Not sure how you read that in what green_mariner posted.

To me, it's the fear/angst about people viewing all black people through that moron's lens, when the qualities that went into him acting like that, and having that rap sheet of his are a ton of stuff OTHER than him being black. Like he is a thug with little to lose, already so far on the wrong side of the law that he doesn't GAFF about much anymore, etc. None of that is about his skin color, but the fear is that because of that skin color, people sharing that same skin color will be viewed through his lens, and that is unfortunate.

That's what I read.
I was saying the same thing myself. I have no sympathy for that terrorist thug.

When I think about that thug being so far gone, I think about this. It's not just being on the wrong side of the law. It's literally being on the wrong side of life. Something tells me he has a spotty job history, if one at all. He most likely didn't make it through school. Given his criminal history, his hatred for anyone not Black, he was far gone.

I mentioned what I did because this is stuff I've had to think about. I've had to wonder what some people might think of me. In real life.

Old 11-23-2021, 06:46 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,109,199 times
To bad WI does not have the death penalty.

Old 11-23-2021, 06:53 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 10 days ago)

35,636 posts, read 17,982,736 times
The initial video didn't make this as completely clear as the charging papers, and the description of events by LE has made it.

This was CLEARLY intentional. Even if he didn't go to the parade on purpose, knowing it was occurring, his continued careful mowing down of festival goers in several locations makes this horror even worse than if it were an awful accident.

He seems to have a thing about driving his car into people.

Old 11-23-2021, 06:59 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,227,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
I'm not sure they'll be able to do that. Not with Brooks alive. My guess is he's a sociopath given how calm he appeared shortly after slaughtering those people. Supposedly he wept today in court but it's going to dawn on him (assuming it already hasn't) that nothing will work. There's no way out of this.

So...why not show the world how a true rapper keeps it street. Keeps it gangsta. Comes correct. Blah, blah, blah.

He'll be showing the world absolutely nothing. He's not going to be heard from. He won't have a platform to speak. His attorney will be the only one outside of the "system" that will hear his voice for the immediate future and his attorney likely won't be relaying any such street talk that would not be in the interest of his client's defense. Maybe if it gets to a trial in a year he will manage to act out a time or two but even there he will not be given an open platform to rant and spew hate.

Old 11-23-2021, 07:01 PM

39,077 posts, read 51,252,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
The initial video didn't make this as completely clear as the charging papers, and the description of events by LE has made it.

This was CLEARLY intentional. Even if he didn't go to the parade on purpose, knowing it was occurring, his continued careful mowing down of festival goers in several locations makes this horror even worse than if it were an awful accident.

He seems to have a thing about driving his car into people.
I'm not buying it. He was honking his horn and swerving away initially. He clearly intentionally ran over some people but from the video it does not look like he was operating the vehicle in a manner to hit as many as he could.

Old 11-23-2021, 07:01 PM

6,116 posts, read 12,604,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Yes, found this quote from an officer. This was NOT a guy that was panicked and fleeing a knife incident and inadvertently drove into a parade.

As Officer Butryn yelled, “Stop, stop the vehicle," Brooks continued past police and barricades, according to the complaint.
"Officer Butryn observed the driver looking straight ahead, directly at him, and it appeared he had no emotion on his face," Wagner wrote.
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post

I saw several of his rap videos on YouTube before they were pulled. Nothing original. However, it did appear Brooks put an effort into making them and the quality was surprising good.

Again I suspect the man is a flat-out sociopath. But a sociopath who craves fame. And this is his chance.

"Yeah, I wanted to kill some white people. So what? F-em..." and then go on some crazed rant.
I've some some experience in analyzing these type of folks.

What immediately stuck me is how he parked the car after the incident. He backed it into the driveway. Didn't even pull it in - didn't try to abandon it or hid it. Anyone with any sort of remorse wouldn't have done this. He put the car on display for the neighborhood - a brag. To add - someone having just committed that major of an act of violence would('should') have been very distraught, and would have had a hard time backing into a driveway. Not this guy. He must have been cool a cucumber.

Old 11-23-2021, 07:02 PM

35,081 posts, read 17,033,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
To bad WI does not have the death penalty.
The "death penalty" should be on the spot, during the arrest. No circus trial needed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies