Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2022, 04:13 PM

73,031 posts, read 62,634,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
The judge has had enough.

The only thing that's going to stop Darrell Brooks is his own death. And it's apparent he doesn't care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2022, 01:03 PM

15,421 posts, read 9,088,506 times
This train wreck of a trial just keeps going and going. She is the worst judge in the world. I have never seen a judge who has so little control of her courtroom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsIIoPslg9c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRnWnFpfI58

Old 10-22-2022, 01:09 PM

The District Attorney is even fed up with Judge's lack of control over the defendant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejAERmOe2FY

Old 10-22-2022, 01:21 PM

8,243 posts, read 3,497,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
The District Attorney is even fed up with Judge's lack of control over the defendant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejAERmOe2FY
The judge has been walking on eggshells trying to avoid giving him grounds for appeal.

Abusive people like him will even turn the legal system into a weapon.

What is happening is totally ridiculous.

Old 10-22-2022, 01:23 PM

Quote:
This train wreck of a trial just keeps going and going. She is the worst judge in the world. I have never seen a judge who has so little control of her courtroom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsIIoPslg9c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRnWnFpfI58
It doesn't matter at this point. He's guilty as sin. It's also apparent by his behavior that he won't ever see society again. This is why.

The trial is being held in Waukesha County. This isn't Milwaukee proper weren't talking about. The chances of some bleeding heart individuals on jury are much lower.

I think about this. An angry, underclass Black man who hates White people drove from Milwaukee to Waukesha (a suburb where Whites are 87% of the population and Blacks are 3.3% of the population) specifically to kill White people. He did it with his car. This also took place in a Republican area.

He also has a history of committing crimes in other states (Georgia and Nevada in particular). There are plenty of people who want to see him put away forever, possible killed. He himself doesn't seem to care if he lives or dies.

I wonder how many people will consider where he came from, what lengths he was willing to go to, and his lengthy criminal history. I also think about this. His crime showed that going to the suburbs and keeping public transportation away wasn't going to stop him. Some people might look at his crime and think "we're being invaded". If he did this in Madison, WI, I could see why he could get a slap on the wrist. This was the suburbs, in Waukesha. I bet the judge wants him put away forever.

Old 10-22-2022, 01:52 PM

52,285 posts, read 52,713,798 times
If one of my family members was killed by this miscreant and I was in the room watching him dishonor the deaths of people, it would take all my will power to not just bust that scumbag upside of that bald head.

Old 10-22-2022, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
It doesn't matter at this point. He's guilty as sin. It's also apparent by his behavior that he won't ever see society again. This is why.

The trial is being held in Waukesha County. This isn't Milwaukee proper weren't talking about. The chances of some bleeding heart individuals on jury are much lower.

I think about this. An angry, underclass Black man who hates White people drove from Milwaukee to Waukesha (a suburb where Whites are 87% of the population and Blacks are 3.3% of the population) specifically to kill White people. He did it with his car. This also took place in a Republican area.

He also has a history of committing crimes in other states (Georgia and Nevada in particular). There are plenty of people who want to see him put away forever, possible killed. He himself doesn't seem to care if he lives or dies.

I wonder how many people will consider where he came from, what lengths he was willing to go to, and his lengthy criminal history. I also think about this. His crime showed that going to the suburbs and keeping public transportation away wasn't going to stop him. Some people might look at his crime and think "we're being invaded". If he did this in Madison, WI, I could see why he could get a slap on the wrist. This was the suburbs, in Waukesha. I bet the judge wants him put away forever.
Yeah unless he gets a bleeding heart appellate court judge who grants him a new trial.

Since you made it political here is the real problem. This judge is a Ronald Reagan Republican who believes that mental illness simply doesn't exist, and that everybody is sane, responsible for their own actions and capable of defending themselves in court. Well after three weeks in a courtroom with this lunatic she might be rethinking that now.

For the record if you watched all of the trial you would have heard the testimony from investigators who said that early on, the FBI and local investigators concluded that this was not a terrorist attack, it was not a hate crime, it was just an extremely mentally ill individual who had a fight with his girlfriend, who then jumped in his car and took off at high speed driving recklessly. Unfortunately that put him on course with the parade route which just happened to be taking place a few blocks away. That was all documented by witnesses and on camera.

The guy's mother has stated that she has known that he has had mental issues since he was a child and she has tried to get him help to no avail. This type of thing would not have happened in the past. His mother would have simply had him committed to a mental hospital. But that's no longer possible, because Ronald Reagan shut those all down in the 1980s.

This is what happens when you treat mental illness as a crime instead of an illness. You have to wait for these people to commit a serious enough crime to get them off the streets. The results in this case were a lot of dead parade participants.

Old 10-22-2022, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Yeah unless he gets a bleeding heart appellate court judge who grants him a new trial.

Since you made it political here is the real problem. This judge is a Ronald Reagan Republican who believes that mental illness simply doesn't exist, and that everybody is sane, responsible for their own actions and capable of defending themselves in court. Well after three weeks in a courtroom with this lunatic she might be rethinking that now.

For the record if you watched all of the trial you would have heard the testimony from investigators who said that early on, the FBI and local investigators concluded that this was not a terrorist attack, it was not a hate crime, it was just an extremely mentally ill individual who had a fight with his girlfriend, who then jumped in his car and took off at high speed driving recklessly. Unfortunately that put him on course with the parade route which just happened to be taking place a few blocks away. That was all documented by witnesses and on camera.

The guy's mother has stated that she has known that he has had mental issues since he was a child and she has tried to get him help to no avail. This type of thing would not have happened in the past. His mother would have simply had him committed to a mental hospital. But that's no longer possible, because Ronald Reagan shut those all down in the 1980s.

This is what happens when you treat mental illness as a crime instead of an illness. You have to wait for these people to commit a serious enough crime to get them off the streets. The results in this case were a lot of dead parade participants.
Well, I had to strike first before someone made the effort. Nearly everything on this forum is political. I expect people to come in and blame this on the left. In fact, this has already happened. I figured if more people knew what Waukesha was, they would not be so quick to talk.

I just learned something new about Reagan. It's something I've never thought about. Currently, there are in-patient mental health facilities and psychiatric wards. The longest someone can be in such a facility is about 30 days. It starts to make sense why there are so many repeat offenders. I wonder how many people currently in prison (sometimes for the 2nd or 3rd time) or homeless would have been in mental institutions.

The judge might be a Reagan Republican. Or she might look at that suspect and just see a criminal putting on an act. She might be able to recognize mental illness.

I find it rather interesting that we're talking about mental illness. I'm saying this because normally, when a Black male has committed a violent crime to this degree, there's not a mention of mental illness. It's about "violent thugs" or "get rid of welfare" or the like. I wouldn't have been able to recognize mental illness in him. Then again, I haven't been watching trial. I just know what he did. I know what people on city-data are saying. I don't own a television, so I don't watch much television.

If Darrell Brooks really is mentally ill, if it's really for real, then there are a few things I think about. His crime is still inexcusable. However, I think about something. I think there is alot of undiagnosed mental illness within the Black American population. Very often, people don't recognize it when it's there. Or if it's there, there's a stigma regarding getting help. Is Brooks a violent crime? Is he mentally ill? Likely both. However, when it comes to mental illness and Black Americans, this is one of those things that just doesn't get discussed very much.

Old 10-22-2022, 09:26 PM

I heard about Darrell Brooks trying to call his ex-girlfriend to the stand as a witness. Wow. Didn't he try to run his ex over with his car?

Old 10-22-2022, 09:33 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,018,818 times
Of course he is mentally ill. Murduring another human being is insanity. Does not save him from deserving to be put to death. He is the poster child for the death penalty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies