Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2021, 10:19 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 16 days ago)

35,665 posts, read 18,029,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC View Post
Ok, but does that mean they both had a past criminal history? I haven't seen any reports that either did, though I don't think it matters in this incident.
I don't see any reports of a criminal history on Sara Morales' whitepage.

I think it matters when you've got arrests for disorderly conduct and misuse of a vehicle in one of the combatant's history.

Since they had some kind of unpleasant interaction before the contact, it seems maybe it was him that started the whole thing.

I don't know. It's tragic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2021, 10:20 AM

2,161 posts, read 1,157,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
You can't drive by it, though. There's a sign that says "end of city maintenance" and her house is beyond that, although when you google the address a still shot of her house, pops up from 2011.
I don't know what date the street view I pulled up was from but it shows the front of the house with a blue car parked in front of the garage. Idk if it's the same blue kia she hit him with.

Old 11-29-2021, 10:28 AM

1,706 posts, read 638,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
He needs to be charged for this. Absent more info, I don't think anyone has the right to follow a woman home and then claim self defense when she finds that to be threatening.
What does gender have to do with anything? Committing a hit and run is never ok, weather it is a male or female doing it.

Old 11-29-2021, 10:29 AM

23,764 posts, read 12,642,822 times
Quote:
You can't drive by it, though. There's a sign that says "end of city maintenance" and her house is beyond that, although when you google the address a still shot of her house, pops up from 2011.
Maybe the county handles the maintenance.
Where's the Private Road sign, or a gate?

You cannot have a driver arrested for driving on a private road when you do not take steps to inform the driver that the road is private. It appears to be a common use road, for any and all drivers that wishes to drive on it.

Old 11-29-2021, 10:42 AM

78,545 posts, read 60,737,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
He needs to be charged for this. Absent more info, I don't think anyone has the right to follow a woman home and then claim self defense when she finds that to be threatening.
You make it sound like they (note it wasn't just the biker) followed her home for no discernable reason when it was a hit and run.

The people that followed her were on the phone with 911, she could have called 911 of driven to a police station but didn't (and we know why, hit and run).

So instead she goes home gets a gun and then rather than stay inside or call the cops goes outside and points it.

It's pretty obvious why charges have not been brought and why no jury in the world would convict this guy.

Bottom line, if she felt threatened then calling the police and not going outside after the people would be key considerations which she failed to do either of.

If this were some 30yo white dude it wouldn't even be discussed here, people make this emotional connection and then try to throw the actual law out the window.

Old 11-29-2021, 10:42 AM

7,343 posts, read 4,379,211 times
Quote:
I don't see any reports of a criminal history on Sara Morales' whitepage.

I think it matters when you've got arrests for disorderly conduct and misuse of a vehicle in one of the combatant's history.

Since they had some kind of unpleasant interaction before the contact, it seems maybe it was him that started the whole thing.

I don't know. It's tragic.
Is it still a biker gang? Are you still running with that from yesterday?

Old 11-29-2021, 10:53 AM

Quote:
It's post number 118.

Take it or leave it.

Don't know whether it's true, and I didn't present it as true, but rather "a comment from a responder below the article".

Speaking only for myself, that's where I usually find the truth, or info leading to the truth, of a media article.
FB doesn't number the posts.
I did look a bit to try and find it, but I'm not going to spend much time at all to try and find some random person's opinion.
I did notice one bimbo claiming he'd had a massive amount of records, without any providing proof what so ever. Seems the person she was talking about didn't even have any records in FL, since she claimed the records were from other states. Who knows if that person even had the correct Andrew Derr, since there seems to be about four dozen people with that name who currently living around the country.

Old 11-29-2021, 10:55 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 16 days ago)

35,665 posts, read 18,029,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
FB doesn't number the posts.
I did look a bit to try and find it, but I'm not going to spend much time at all to try and find some random person's opinion.
I did notice one bimbo claiming he'd had a massive amount of records, without any providing proof what so ever. Seems the person she was talking about didn't even have any records in FL, since she claimed the records were from other states. Who knows if that person even had the correct Andrew Derr, since there seems to be about four dozen people with that name who currently around the country.
Post #118, in this thread.

And there aren't four dozen Andrew Derrs who are 40 years old and reside in Orange City, FL.

And yes, the crimes occurred in other states, as said before in this thread. He had no "recent local" crimes on his record according to LE.

The post I'm referring to below the OCPD's statement is the third damn post. Not at all hard to find.

Old 11-29-2021, 10:59 AM

14,541 posts, read 12,179,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
It was an intentional hit and run, he had every right to track her down and call the police.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC View Post
It doesn't matter that she was a female. She hit him with her car, on purpose, then fled the scene. I would have followed her too, while calling the police.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteVirtue View Post
What does gender have to do with anything? Committing a hit and run is never ok, weather it is a male or female doing it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You make it sound like they (note it wasn't just the biker) followed her home for no discernable reason when it was a hit and run.

The people that followed her were on the phone with 911, she could have called 911 of driven to a police station but didn't (and we know why, hit and run).

So instead she goes home gets a gun and then rather than stay inside or call the cops goes outside and points it.

It's pretty obvious why charges have not been brought and why no jury in the world would convict this guy.

Bottom line, if she felt threatened then calling the police and not going outside after the people would be key considerations which she failed to do either of.

If this were some 30yo white dude it wouldn't even be discussed here, people make this emotional connection and then try to throw the actual law out the window.

OK answering you all because the answers will be similar.

Her gender certainly does matter to her perception of them as a threat to her at her home, and her right to defend herself, but I do agree, I would find this to be an unacceptable self defense claim *on their part* even if she were a man. There was bad prior history and she was outnumbered and she was on her own property. She has the right to self defense at that point, not them.

She may well have caused the earlier incident with great malice, but the guys were on the phone with the police. Once they knew where she went, there was no need for them to stay in close range. They should have backed off up the road a bit and waited for the police. We just saw how well the law views vigilantes attempting to be cops. It's not their place to run her down, and not their right to fire on her.

Old 11-29-2021, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Post #118, in this thread.
oy
Your comment is still based on a random person's FB post.

Quote:
And there aren't four dozen Andrew Derrs who are 40 years old and reside in Orange City, FL.

And yes, the crimes occurred in other states, as said before in this thread. He had no "recent local" crimes on his record according to LE.
So, what other cities and states did he live in when he'd been on his, so called, crime sprees?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies