Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2021, 04:19 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
On the bolded... Actually no... that's not true. They outnumber her, and out-muscle her. Depending on what they did, they could easily be a threat to her even unarmed. And obviously... they were armed.

I still think they were unwise to hang right in front of her house, but if they really did nothing threatening, then I think they will survive a few questions and a little scrutiny. They certainly should be asked some hard questions, though some of you don't seem to think so.
Depending on, ifs, woulds, could, etc…, mean nothing as that’s not how it happened. They didn’t go after her so she can’t claim self defense. If they pulled a gun first she could’ve killed them and it would be self defense.

I’m sure they answered some hard questions from the police and they weren’t arrested. Why wouldn’t the police ask them hard questions? Why are you ignoring what her mother said?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2021, 04:36 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,910,552 times
Quote:
On the bolded... Actually no... that's not true. They outnumber her, and out-muscle her. Depending on what they did, they could easily be a threat to her even unarmed. And obviously... they were armed.

I still think they were unwise to hang right in front of her house, but if they really did nothing threatening, then I think they will survive a few questions and a little scrutiny. They certainly should be asked some hard questions, though some of you don't seem to think so.
Had it been 50 nasty, mean, drunk Hell's Angles pounding on her door yelling that they were going to break in and kill her, you may have a point.

It was one guy who happened to be riding a motorcycle and was parked and standing on the road talking to and waiting for the local PD to show up and handle the situation when the nut case who was apparently looking for a way to die, decided to leave the sanctity of her home and threaten the one man who was standing in the street in front of her home. The one man standing far away while she was in her house was not a threat in any manner. Keep the door locked, hide under the bed...!!!

By ignoring many of the important details, you could be right, once the details were known, you couldn't be more completely wrong than the hit and run corpse who made a dangerous calculation.
Carry on with your fantasy....

Old 12-04-2021, 04:39 PM

14,487 posts, read 12,121,454 times
Folks... This is my free time. You're at about a 9... I'm at about a 4.

This is not my life, I have the luxury of not being at all involved. And I don't answer to you.

Yes, hopefully it's been well investigated. I'm sure you wouldn't argue that all cases are handled perfectly and no one should ever question decisions?

You want to make up more exaggerated stories about this crazy killer librarian?

Carry on!

Last edited by Diana Holbrook; 12-04-2021 at 04:43 PM.. Reason: Had some follow up thoughts. OK done editing. :-)

Old 12-04-2021, 04:49 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,414,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Do you think that the mother was also stressed and pumped with adrenaline? He and his buddies followed her to her home, and if he was already brandishing his gun on the street.... yeah, it is logical to assume, with those and other factors in play, she may have been frightened enough to think her safety might be in peril.
If she was that scared, she would have not walked back outside, but would have stayed in her home.

She is the one who instigated the incident, she is the one who committed the hit and run. She is the one who then walked outside to confront a person she just hit, with a gun pointed at him.

Old 12-04-2021, 04:54 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
Folks... This is my free time. You're at about a 9... I'm at about a 4.

This is not my life, I have the luxury of not being at all involved. And I don't answer to you.

Yes, hopefully it's been well investigated. I'm sure you wouldn't argue that all cases are handled perfectly and no one should ever question decisions?

You want to make up more exaggerated stories about this crazy killer librarian?

Carry on!
What crazy stories are being made up?

Who said she was a killer?

Had her own mother not been a witness as to what happened then your assumption that it might not have been handled perfectly and more questions should be asked would hold water. However, unless her mother was in on the entire dealio and wanted to get rid of her daughter, it’s obvious what happened.

Old 12-04-2021, 06:34 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
She aimed her gun first as he and witnesses waited on the road. Only when she did that did he defend himself.

She wasn’t right from the beginning and she wasn’t right at the end. Nothing would’ve happened had she not been wrong.

If what he did was at all legal he’d have been arrested. She obvious has no morals, especially if she was indeed pregnant, hit and run could’ve killed someone, and her and possible baby could’ve been injured. She’s obviously a rager with no regards for most anyone but herself.
They went to her house to confront her.. how is that self defense? They were the aggressor going on her property. It looks like private property because the roads are not paved. He invaded her space.

Old 12-04-2021, 06:39 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,525,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
They went to her house to confront her.. how is that self defense? They were the aggressor going on her property. It looks like private property because the roads are not paved. He invaded her space.
They didn't confront her. They called 911 from public property. They did not go onto her property and were not the aggressor. He did not invade her space. Everything you just wrote is demonstratably false.

p

Old 12-04-2021, 06:41 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
They didn't confront her. They called 911 from public property. They did not go onto her property and were not the aggressor. He did not invade her space. Everything you just wrote is demonstratably false.

p
Fact is they went to her house. The police should have been there , not them. How do you know they didn't walk up to the house? She was shot in her yard.

Old 12-04-2021, 06:43 PM

19,722 posts, read 10,128,243 times
Quote:
Fact is they went to her house. The police should have been there , not them. How do you know they didn't walk up to the house? She was shot in her yard.
Her mother, who was there, said they did not.

Old 12-04-2021, 06:46 PM

6,669 posts, read 2,975,051 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Her mother, who was there, said they did not.
If someone has it handy can they post the mom's statement so we can be done with this,..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies