Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2021, 09:21 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,528,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
She didn't call anyone anything( nor can I be goaded into doing such things either), the MSM lied/misreprepresented things as usual.
I don't know how you would interpret what Boebert said as anything other than implying Omar is a terrorist. What did she mean by tis?
Quote:
"So the other night on the House floor was not my first jihad squad moment," Boebert told a crowd. "I was getting into an elevator with one of my staffers and he and I were leaving the Capitol, we're going back to my office and we get in the elevator and I see a Capitol Police officer running hurriedly to the elevator. I see fret all over his face. And he's reaching. The door is shutting. I can't open it."

"What's happening? I look to my left and there she is, Ilhan Omar, and I said, 'Well she doesn't have a backpack, we should be fine,'" Boebert continued. "So we only had one floor to go and I say, do I say it or do I not? And I look over and I say, 'Look, the jihad squad decided to show up for work today.' Don't worry, it's just her staffers on Twitter that talk for her. She's not tough in person."
Sshe didn't say "Rep. Omar is a terrorist" (unlike a few folks in this thread who did) but the implication is there. But, fine. If she didn't call Omar a terrorist, then Biden didn't call Rittenhouse a white supremacist with the post somebody made to his social media account.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2021, 09:31 AM

1,952 posts, read 829,742 times
Omar IS anti-American and anti-western and does support Islamic terrorists....so.....

Old 11-29-2021, 09:48 AM

46,302 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
If I suggested a co-worker of mine was a terrorist like that, I'd be fired the same day. When are we going to start holding our politicians to standards of common decency?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
True...Boebert, the former single mother and high school dropout gets away with hateful speech.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lauren_Boebert
And probably you'd be be fired if you called your CEO is a MFr also, right, sitting in the lunch/common area and others heard you, yes?

Old 11-29-2021, 10:26 AM

31,079 posts, read 22,094,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
She’s the worst damn Muslim I’ve ever seen. She’s on her third marriage (one previous one LIKELY to her own sibling, for immigration fraud) and now married to her non-Muslim campaign fund heir in fact. In what Koran is her behavior acceptable?
Hey, those are those are the good things about her, that affirms she is a Jack-Muslim. If she wasn't Anti Jewish and Anti White she could claim she was an actual Liberal.

Old 11-29-2021, 10:46 AM

57,317 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
She didn't call anyone anything( nor can I be goaded into doing such things either), the MSM lied/misreprepresented things as usual.
She did, it's on record from several sources. So what was she apologizing for if the MSM lied

Old 11-29-2021, 11:10 AM

46,302 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
She did, it's on record from several sources. So what was she apologizing for if the MSM lied
It was their interpretation of what she said. I did not read the actual wording until I got on here, however, while working and my wife watching the new, it would have seemed that she outright called her a terrorist. Then I come here and find out she said, the word "backpack" in the sentence describing her....

Old 11-29-2021, 11:55 AM

5,067 posts, read 1,667,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I don't know how you would interpret what Boebert said as anything other than implying Omar is a terrorist. What did she mean by tis?

Sshe didn't say "Rep. Omar is a terrorist" (unlike a few folks in this thread who did) but the implication is there. But, fine. If she didn't call Omar a terrorist,

bolded part is true, good job for agreeing with logic for once.

This thread isnt about Rittenhouse, but have no fear I wont report you for trying to spin the thread off topic, all you did was spin yourself into a ditch.

If she said Mrs xyz is a terrorist, then she called someone a terrorist, but she didn't say that and the only thing you have are MSM lies, which you deserve if you are getting your info from plces like CNN.

Old 11-29-2021, 04:25 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,711,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
It was their interpretation of what she said. I did not read the actual wording until I got on here, however, while working and my wife watching the new, it would have seemed that she outright called her a terrorist. Then I come here and find out she said, the word "backpack" in the sentence describing her....
Pray tell. How do you interpret the phrase "Jihad Squad" that Rep. Boebert used?
What do you think gun toting Boebert means by her slur of "fellow politicians with 'suicide belts' strapped on"?

On this thread, the defense of another Republican leader--- who promotes violence and bullies colleagues rather than work together with respect and decency--- is rather thin and pathetic, IMO. Normalizing behavior such as hers is dangerous. Keep in mind, folks, Boebert’s Islamophobic remarks about Rep. Omar come a little over a week after another Republican, Rep. Paul A. Gosar tweeted an anime video that depicted him killing Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and swinging swords at President Biden. Let's recall Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene and her frequent extremist remarks, violent videos and aggressive confrontations of fellow lawmakers. Unfortunately these are only a few examples of ongoing bad conduct, threatening habits and pathetic deportment from the radicalized extremist wing of the GOP.

These are inexcusable, deplorable behaviors and attitudes, and these types of people are not worthy of their position in the US Congress. I find it extremely embarrassing to realize these ignorant, disrespectful, ill-mannered and insurrectionist supporting legislators are wandering the hallowed halls of our sacred seat and symbol of democracy. Nothing good or positive or of any value can come from accepting or, worse yet, admiring indecency such as this.

Last edited by corpgypsy; 11-29-2021 at 04:46 PM..

Old 11-29-2021, 04:37 PM

6,421 posts, read 7,671,669 times
Rep. Lauren Boebert gave that bottom feeder another slap down today! Nice to see someone standing up for American citizens.

So much truth on this thread but I can't rep most honest posters again, so thanks for speaking the truth!

Old 11-29-2021, 04:48 PM

3,048 posts, read 1,153,249 times
I am so sorry that my state foisted Lauren Boebert on Congress. Truly.

The way she bounces drives me up the wall. It's distracting and makes her look like a demented smurf.

To my rep giver: My district sent Jason Crow to the House. I don't understand Boebert's appeal at all.

Last edited by kj1065; 11-29-2021 at 05:00 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies