Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2021, 08:43 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,373,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
I like Boebert. Ilhan Omar is a bully and Lauren Boebert is standing up to her. Bullies don't like to be called out. Oh well.
What kind of mental gymnastics did you have to do to come up with this? Hint - the exact opposite is what took place here. Ilhan Omar simply asked for accountability for this nimrod’s actions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2021, 09:13 PM

2,801 posts, read 3,859,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
She has been supporting terrorist organizations for years. Hamas. Islamic Brotherhood. BLM. Yeah, she's a terrorist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Omar must be a really weak person. I don't recall her ever apologizing to the Israelis for her anti-Sematic statements, to the victims of BLM terrorists that she has supported, let alone the vile things she has said about President Trump.
This kind of overheated, meaningless rhetoric is the reason no one takes right-wing Republicans seriously, with the exception of other right-wing Republicans.

Point 1. She has been supporting terrorist organizations for years. Hamas. Islamic Brotherhood. What evidence do you have the Ilham Omar supports these groups? And I don’t mean that she criticizes Israeli policy towards Palestinians or supports Palestinians, or occasionally remind Americans that their unwavering support of Israel is an important part of why these terrorist groups profess hatred for America. Israeli policy towards Palestine resembles South African Apartheid in many ways - they are disenfranchised, ghettoized, stolen from, harassed by Settlers and the IDF, impoverished, prevented from participating in global trade, prevented from traveling through the West Bank freely because Israel continues to violate its own agreements not to build settlements there, and not allowed to control resources in their own territories, like water.

Frankly, more US politicians should be demanding that Israel start honoring the two-state solution and stop sabotaging it at every turn, while simultaneously supplying them with billions in weapons every year. People say they are on of only a couple pro-US governments in the Middle East, but I wonder how long that would remain true if the US cut off military aid. Saudi Arabia and Pakistan are also American allies, but does that make it ok for Saudi to bomb Yemen back to the Stone Age?

2. BLM BLM is NOT a terrorist group, no matter how much you want them to be. Therefore supporting the movement is not supporting terrorist. When criminals and opportunists take advantage of protests to engage in criminal activity, that does not make the protest invalid nor does it make the movement behind the protests into a terrorist organization. The Proud Boys aren’t terrorists, nor are the Oath Keepers, despite frequently calling and engaging in violence against their political enemies.

3. Yeah, she's a terrorist. Maybe according to you and others on this board who don’t agree with her politics, but certainly not under American law. Ergo, she is not a terrorist, except in your imagination. She is a Somali Muslim who wears a hijab and is not afraid to criticize American government policy on behalf of her constituents. To you, that may sound like a terrorist. To many others, that sounds like a Rep who’s actually doing their job, unlike the vast majority of Reps and Senators.

4. Omar must be a really weak person. I’m going to ignore this point because it is an entirely subjective statement.

5. the victims of BLM terrorists that she has supported, There are no victims of BLM terrorism because BLM is not a terrorist organization. Hundreds of protests all across the country occurred after George Floyd’s murder by police, and only a small number of them violent or led to looting and destruction of property. There is no evidence that these crimes were encouraged or committed by BLM, and it makes far more sense that these kinds of opportunistic crimes were committed by criminals piggybacking on the unrest to steal and destroy property. You think BLM doesn’t know about propaganda and the ease with which their detractors can blame them for everything that goes wrong during a protest? You think they are going to sacrifice their goals for some free electronics and the chance to commit arson? Obviously, you do.

6. let alone the vile things she has said about President Trump. This is rich, considering the juvenile insults Republicans hurl at Joe Biden every day and the way people like you run with it. I thought Trump was a big, tough counter-puncher. Perhaps of he weren’t such a vile man, people wouldn’t say vile things about him. Out of curiosity, what vile thing did Omar say about Trump that are so much worse than what Republican lawmakers are saying about Biden?

This kind of hyperbole may get you reps on this board, but go to other, more moderate corners of the internet, and you’ll see that no one really cares about Ilhan Omar outside of her constituents, who are the only people she really has to please.

Old 11-29-2021, 09:14 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,917,886 times
Quote:
If you were aware that your coworker was...say...sharing secret company information with a competitor would you consider it to be too rude to mention in a committee hearing?

I mean, when are you supposed to bring something like that up? I think Boebert did nothing wrong. If Omar got upset, oh well. Boebert must have touched a nerve.
If I suggested a co-worker was a terrorist like Boebert did, I would have lost my job. Period. If I had a feeling a co-worker was sharing secret company information, I would contact an attorney and not say a word about it publicly until a case was built. There are literally protocols pre-made in organizations for situations like that. Boebert is low class trash, and says whatever inane thing she can think of to cater to a certain base.

Old 11-29-2021, 09:22 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
If I suggested a co-worker was a terrorist like Boebert did, I would have lost my job. Period. If I had a feeling a co-worker was sharing secret company information, I would contact an attorney and not say a word about it publicly until a case was built. There are literally protocols pre-made in organizations for situations like that. Boebert is low class trash, and says whatever inane thing she can think of to cater to a certain base.
You’re not a politician. Politicians call each other names all the time. Just look at the because Trump goosechase. He was called most everything in the book.

Old 11-29-2021, 09:55 PM

17,381 posts, read 16,524,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
What kind of mental gymnastics did you have to do to come up with this? Hint - the exact opposite is what took place here. Ilhan Omar simply asked for accountability for this nimrod’s actions.
Oh, give me a break. Omar has spewed her fair share of racist vitriol while encouraging so called "protesters" to burn down their cities.

She got called out for her own bad behavior because lord knows her own party isn't about to do it. And, again, no one has bothered to address the very good points that Boebert made. Why are some committee members stripped of their committees while others seem to be untouchable. What exactly are the standards here?

I have no sympathy for Omar. She was very quick to hurl nasty personal attacks right back at Boebert. Stop acting like she's an innocent in all this. She's anything but.

Old 11-29-2021, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
If I walked into my workplace and called an employee doing their job a "white supremacist" or and "insurrectionist" (code for traitor) then I would be shown the door. Apparently anything goes in The House though.

Old 11-29-2021, 10:06 PM

5,067 posts, read 1,666,549 times
some people did some things?

Old 11-29-2021, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
some people did some things?
Bingo….And Boebert’s a big meanie for telling the truth about poor Omar…but it’s okay for Omar to say things about Boebert and call her names. https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.ya...194149519.html

Old 11-29-2021, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Bingo….And Boebert’s a big meanie for telling the truth about poor Omar…but it’s okay for Omar to say things about Boebert and call her names. https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.ya...194149519.html
Yeah, Omar the big old bully got burned. About time.

Old 11-29-2021, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Yeah, Omar the big old bully got burned. About time.
Bingo. Love Boebert!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies