Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2021, 07:46 PM

18,473 posts, read 7,122,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Who is you all? I do not teach students and do not have clue what exactly constitutes this CRT that people keep yapping about.

My question is… what is the issue with teaching the story. This happened to a school aged child, one who happens to be alive.

Why do some many of you generational Americans fight down certain aspects of your history so much?

Because what's actually being taught is revisionist history with an anti American, anti White, racist agenda.

Old 12-01-2021, 08:32 PM

648 posts, read 1,176,765 times
Quote:
So no stories having to do with liberty for others?

So it’s ok for children to learn about the civil war and other atrocities but not what happened to their fellow Americans due to their skin color? l

Right... well, this is what happens when you try to INDOCTRINATE kids (and college students) that a whole group of people (and their home country) is inherently evil, due to the color of THEIR skin.

Old 12-01-2021, 08:57 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,670,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
How much of an investigation would they have to do, upon hearing that an organization objected to those titles being offered in the schools?
Okay, I see what you're asking. It wouldn't take long to scan the four books. I have no idea whether or not they refused to look into it because they're aware of the content and find it appropriate, or they don't know and just don't care. I can see it going either way.

Old 12-01-2021, 09:47 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 27 days ago)

35,764 posts, read 18,107,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Good.

Instilling values in my kids is my job.

Not yours.

Not the public school system's.
We're not talking about "values" here. We're talking about access to correct historical facts.

Old 12-01-2021, 09:54 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 27 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Because what's actually being taught is revisionist history with an anti American, anti White, racist agenda.
No it isn't revisionist. What WE were taught as children was revised.

What they're teaching now is the bald, ugly, naked honest truth.

But yes, along with that, it would be instructive to teach that there were some white people who rode with the freedom riders and risked their lives to right the horrible injustices done to black people. Some. As Mr. Rogers says, when you are looking at a tragedy, look at those who rush in to help. So, show that a few Freedom Riders were white. They were from the north, and travelled to the south, but ok.

And that's the best possible way you can spin the Civil Rights movement to not make southern white people look really really ugly during that timeframe.

And that's the reality. The unrevised, unvarnished reality.

Last edited by ClaraC; 12-01-2021 at 10:10 PM..

Old 12-01-2021, 10:00 PM

32,154 posts, read 15,147,255 times
Our history is ugly but it needs to be taught so we can learn from it.

Old 12-01-2021, 10:12 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,023,989 times
The point here is to prevent leftwing white supremacists from teaching their racist doctrine of CRT. The left is trying to turn children into racists under the veil of "teaching honest history."

Old 12-01-2021, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
The point here is to prevent leftwing white supremacists from teaching their racist doctrine of CRT. The left is trying to turn children into racists under the veil of "teaching honest history."
Wait. How does teaching "honest history" become a problem?

White people in the US have built an enormous, successful economy, a good education system, etc., but we have shipped black people here and treated them miserably for hundreds of years.

The truth hurts.

Old 12-02-2021, 12:56 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,201,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Not saying they're right, but for what's good for the goose...
By that logic, you’re in support of the so-called CRT then too right?

Old 12-02-2021, 01:12 AM

4,344 posts, read 5,809,059 times
Quote:
So no stories having to do with liberty for others?

So it’s ok for children to learn about the civil war and other atrocities but not what happened to their fellow Americans due to their skin color?

The point here to stamp out the histories of other people that make them uncomfortable or that they simply do not want children and others to hear.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b1967166.html
I am a Tennessean and I have not heard anything about this "group" When you dig deeper into things, this is Williamson county. The county where many stars live and it's big money in that area (Brentwood, Franklin area). Also Williamson county is one of the main counties that had a major issue with the Governor saying the parents can make choices for their kids to either wear or not wear masks in school. That area is a bunch of cry babies to be honest. Why else would so many big names be selling their homes in that county?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
It's the Shady Acres Trailer Park Moms group. Probably ran out of Confederate flag stickers to put on Bubba's Eef-Won-Fiddy and got bored.
lol! More like they think or are big money mama's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies