Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2021, 09:34 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,020,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Nah, I’m agreeing with you on the statement you made and glad to see you come around on US individual rights.

“The US was founded on the basis of securing individual rights. Stop trying to control others persons.”
If you believe women’s bodies need to be controlled… we’re not in agreement.

What are we here… kindergartners…

Old 12-03-2021, 09:38 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
If you believe women’s bodies need to be controlled… we’re not in agreement.

What are we here… kindergartners…
Not wanting to control folks works for many things, not just how you feel about abortions. It’s why we have the opportunity to live like we choose versus folks being mandated to do things. It works for many aspects

I guess kindergartners try to make other kids do what they want, even though the US was founded on the basis of securing individual rights.

Old 12-03-2021, 09:47 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,919,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
How do you know this? Can you prove it?
Cognitive brain function begins in a fetus around week 24-28 of gestation, so that's when a fetus becomes a human. Prior to that, it's just a clump of cells, not a human. It's logical to want to ban abortion after that point.

Old 12-03-2021, 09:48 PM

9,471 posts, read 10,810,468 times
Quote:
Um, because it’s his child too?

I have concluded that some of the most militant pro-abortionists truly hate men and resent the fact that men can pretty much have casual sex with fewer consequences.
Thank you for that. As the parent of a son I am horrified by the prospect of some young woman aborting my grandchild simply because it’s inconvenient for her to raise him/her. I believe I have raised my son in a way that will allow him to make good decisions about who he decides to be with but young men sometimes are blinded by hormones. Absolutely the child also belongs to the father as much as the mother. This is something that society needs to reckon with.

Old 12-03-2021, 09:58 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,672,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Absolutely the child also belongs to the father as much as the mother. This is something that society needs to reckon with.
I am 100000% pro-choice (that doesn't mean I condone abortion) but I totally agree with you here. The mother can just do whatever and the father would never know.

Old 12-03-2021, 10:00 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,075,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
Cognitive brain function begins in a fetus around week 24-28 of gestation so that's when a fetus becomes a human. Prior to that, it's just a clump of cells, not a human. It's logical to want to ban abortion after that point.
You are wrong. Completely wrong.

“The earliest premature baby to survive after delivery is now a healthy toddler.

“The infant girl, who wasn't named because of family wishes, weighed less than a pound (410 grams), when she was born in San Antonio, Texas, in 2014. The baby's mother, Courtney Stensrud, was 32-years-old at the time and only 21 weeks and 4 days pregnant.”

The girl is now 3-years-old and doing well in preschool, on par with her peers.

"She’s a little smaller in stature next to the other kids, but otherwise, she has no mental or health disabilities, or issues whatsoever," Stensrud said of her "miracle" daughter. "She is just normal."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usa.../amp/861386001

My daughter’s best friend was born at 27 weeks and weighed less than 2 pounds.

She’s an amazing girl, smart as a whip, silly, and a talented gymnast.

I can find many more examples.

ETA: a 24 week in utero baby hears, has tastebuds, has a face with eyelashes and nostrils and lips, tastebuds, it has skin and capillaries and little lungs. It most certainly is not “a clump of cells.”

Last edited by calgirlinnc; 12-03-2021 at 10:11 PM..

Old 12-03-2021, 10:02 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,075,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Thank you for that. As the parent of a son I am horrified by the prospect of some young woman aborting my grandchild simply because it’s inconvenient for her to raise him/her. I believe I have raised my son in a way that will allow him to make good decisions about who he decides to be with but young men sometimes are blinded by hormones. Absolutely the child also belongs to the father as much as the mother. This is something that society needs to reckon with.
Really great post.

Yes, I can relate to this. My son is completely horrified by abortion.

Old 12-03-2021, 10:13 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,919,501 times
Quote:
You are wrong. Completely wrong.

“The earliest premature baby to survive after delivery is now a healthy toddler.

“The infant girl, who wasn't named because of family wishes, weighed less than a pound (410 grams), when she was born in San Antonio, Texas, in 2014. The baby's mother, Courtney Stensrud, was 32-years-old at the time and only 21 weeks and 4 days pregnant.”

The girl is now 3-years-old and doing well in preschool, on par with her peers.

"She’s a little smaller in stature next to the other kids, but otherwise, she has no mental or health disabilities, or issues whatsoever," Stensrud said of her "miracle" daughter. "She is just normal."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usa.../amp/861386001

My daughter’s best friend was born at 27 weeks and weighed less than 2 pounds.

She’s an amazing girl, smart as a whip, silly, and a talented gymnast.

I can find many more examples.
How does that change the facts I gave you? You asked the specific question on when consciousness begins. Medically speaking, cognition forms around 24-28 weeks into gestation. That's not debatable, that's a fact. When we're debating when a fetus becomes a human, it's when (medically speaking) the fetus has cognition. If a fetus was removed from a mother prior to consciousness, and survived, great! That's not what we're discussing though.

Old 12-03-2021, 10:17 PM

17,642 posts, read 6,918,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
So a fetus was removed from a mother prior to having developed cognitive brain function. How does that change the facts I gave you? You asked the specific question on when consciousness begins. Medically speaking, cognition forms around 24-28 weeks into gestation. That's not debatable, that's a fact. When we're debating when a fetus becomes a human, it's when (medically speaking) the fetus has cognition.
Cool story brah. Totally invented and unscientific but thanks for sharing. Can we abort all the adult libs who still haven’t developed “cognitive brain function”?

Old 12-03-2021, 10:20 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,672,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Cool story brah. Totally invented and unscientific but thanks for sharing. Can we abort all the adult libs who still haven’t developed “cognitive brain function”?
Joe Kennedy lobotomized his own daughter bc she wasn't "good enough", so why not.

The world would be a lot wiser, that's for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies